Message Boards

Topic : 08/08 Divorce that Daughter-in-Law!

Number of Replies: 381
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:14:43 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/05/08) Dr. Phil follows up on the story of Pierre, his wife, Amanda, and his meddling mom, Yolande. When they first appeared on the show, Amanda said her mother-in-law was controlling and never approved of her. Yolande said she hoped her son would be with a more educated woman, and she even criticized Amanda in French right in front of her! Pierre was torn between his mother's money and life with his wife. When he returned home, did he take Dr. Phil's advice and cut the purse strings? Pierre claims his mother is jealous and judgmental of the women he dates. She disagrees and says she's only recently become involved in his love life. Dr. Phil puts Yolande to the test. Then, Pierre asks Dr. Phil for help revealing a secret to his mom. And, Amanda and Yolande haven't spoken to each other in months. Sparks fly when they face off on Dr. Phil's stage. Will Pierre finally choose the road to independence? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have in-law problems? Talk about it here: Getting Along with Your In-Laws

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 5, 2008, 12:49 pm CDT

Pathetic loser

This mama's boy is a pathetic disgrace. His mother is a minor problem compared to his missing gonads. What a pathetic buffoon. Sitting there grinning like a baboon. What a gutless worm. What is really fascinating is that any self-respecting woman (Amanda) even wants to have anything to do with him. She, although she appears to be normal, is probably the sickest of the lot in that she apparently buys into this dysfunctionality!

Mama is a little loony in that she supports him. Isn't he a little old to still be at the breast? usually you wean them once they have teeth. I am appalled.

Where do you get these weirdos?

May 5, 2008, 12:49 pm CDT

Kick that Man and His Mother to the Curb!

Oh my gosh!  That MIL voice makes me want to crawl up a wall.  The son is a total wimp and any woman who dates him needs her head examined!  What a dysfunctional family!  Woman.... DON'T DATE THIS MAN!  If you do, you are as crazy as they are!!!!!

May 5, 2008, 12:50 pm CDT

This is Creepy

OMG, this is so creepy, if the mother is so concerned about money, then why not cut the good son off!

Cut the cord, let him go and enjoy your own house, and your 2nd car (talk about a carbon footprint!)

I think both the mother and the son need some serious therapy, OMG I would drink to drown out that type of bickering out or get the heck out!

Butt out of each other's lifes and get on with your own!!!!!!!

May 5, 2008, 12:51 pm CDT

3 wrongs don't make a right!

Oh, for heaven's sake,  I can't think of 3 people more in need of individual therapy!   Each one of them is a personal basket case!!!   There is not one nice person in the bunch.   They feed on each other and I think they each get their warped identity from this disfunctional relationship.   If any of the 3 decided to get a life they would have to assume responsibility for their own life and unhappiness and have no one to blame.  (Why else would Amanda stay in this relationship once freed by divorce!)    Mom,  take your money and go on a cruise,  move away,  give your money to Cancer research or something productive (and stay off their board--really release that money).    Son,  GROW UP, get a job,  drive a wreck--but let it be your own wreck,  rent a trailer--but let it be your own trailer.  Amanda, RUN,  stop sleeping with him, stop visiting him, stop drinking and grow up and get a job and make your own life.  The divorce should have cut the ties but apparently you have some control issues yourself.

May 5, 2008, 12:52 pm CDT

I think this is strange also

Dr,. Phil went to break and asked if he was the only one who thought this was strange or weird? I think this is really strange. Why is this mother putting her son down or his girlfriends? A more important question is why does the son not get his own place? He needs to get  a job and work and support himself.

May 5, 2008, 12:58 pm CDT

Sons at fault too

Hi Everyone,

I think the mother is at fault for interferring so much but at the same time, he making 14k has no business taking trips to Cancun with his wife. If he had paid for it, he would have said it but he didn't making it clear the lady picked to tab for their vacation.
 I personally think everyone has a right to live their life , when the earn and make a life for themselves. So the son should build a like and honestly the mom needs to take a break and just relax, cut all financial ties and then enjoy her son & daughter in laws company.

May 5, 2008, 12:59 pm CDT

Way off Base!

)Dr. Phil,

You are way off base on this one!  You were so rude to that mother and it was obvious you were manupulative with the way you wanted the story to appear  - slanted against this mother.  I was once married to a man who's mother had a substantial amount of money.  Although she could be controlling because she had the ability to hold the dollar signs over his head like a carrot, it was up to HIM to not take the bait and behave like a MAN.  Repeatedly this mother stated that she did not have involvement until he started milking her dry the past 3 years.  Even the son had nothing negative to say about how his mother behaved the last time he was married (hmm..wonder who's fault that failed marriage was!!?).  It seemed as though there was a great deal of sensationalism going on during this episode...not a very nice showing for the same week Mother's Day falls...shame on you.  I usually agree with you and am a faithful listener.  However, your treatment of this woman today prompted me to register and put a message on the message boards for the first time.

May 5, 2008, 12:59 pm CDT

05/05 Divorce that Daughter-in-Law!

Quote From: getrealtime

another mother who raised another MANCHILD,
Right On god forbid he stand on his own two feet and get on with the business most people call LIFE!

May 5, 2008, 1:01 pm CDT

05/05 Divorce that Daughter-in-Law!

Quote From: cndrlla

I agree!

(The reason they may not have any children (and thank God they didn't) was probably because Yolande was most likely in the bed between them making sure sonny-boy was wearing a condom!)

I agree and it kind of reminds me of "Marie" from "Everybody Loves Raymond" where she tries to micromanage every aspect of their lives right down to them having or not having kids.  LOL   I think it's best that this man does NOT reproduce!   And kudos to the ex-wife who got herself out of there.  That would have certainly been a life of a MIL nightmare!  I can't imagine having someone talking about me right in front of me etc.  Life's too short for such things that aren't necessary.

May 5, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

Daughter in law behavior

Quote From: pdriver

Dr Phil, again I am so surprised at the approach taken with this mother in law.  All the blame seems to be directed toward the mother in law.  I dont understand.  Yes she does slander her own son but he in return takes and takes and takes and never seems to be able to support himself but lives with very fine objects.  He is bleeding her dry.  He is almost 40 and he now needs to provide for his own needs.  She most likely came from a depressed era as a child from WWII and we have no idea what she went through as a child and money is everything to her.  I am ashamed of your  behavior.  Your were rude!

I totally agree! Why wasn't the ex daughter inlaw asked about her behavior in taunting her MIL by playing loud music at 2AM  like an out of control teen. The son should have had something to say about his wifes behavior!! I was happy to see that Dr. Phil is going to help mom's baby boy get a real job, maybe when he works for real and makes some real $$ he will have some respect for his mom.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last