Message Boards

Topic : 07/25 Parents' Biggest Mistakes

Number of Replies: 3
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, July 23, 2005, 06:28:57 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you worry that the parenting decisions you're making could be scarring your children for life? Tammy fears that her yelling and screaming may be to blame for her 13-year-old daughter's violent behavior. Is it too late to turn things around? Then, a mother who feels like a failure because her son is morbidly obese, talks back, and gets bad grades. She says she's created the problem and doesn't know how to fix it. And, how a 12-year-old with a turbulent childhood can avoid becoming like his abusive father. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 2:49 pm CDT

Kyle

I just wanted to write in a small message for Kyle from this show. I watched it today and couldn't help but think what a handsome and intelligent young man he was. I know that he's frustrated about his weight and about other situations in his life, but he seems to have so much potential! I was thrilled when Dr. Phil got him a membership at the Boys' and Girls' Club as well as a membership at the gym with his mom. Perhaps this will give them time to hang out while also getting in shape and creating a new life. If Kyle happens to read this, be encouraged that there is so much more of life ahead of you than what's behind you! The world is literally at your fingertips - reach out and grab it! I wish you all the best and will look forward to seeing updates on your success in the future!

God Bless, Bethany

July 26, 2005, 6:23 am CDT

Hang in there Kyle!

Hang in there Kyle- I was always a fat kid, and its a never ending issue. Please try not to have to submit to a gastric bypass- I've known so many people who've had them and they have either long lasting health effects that are often worse than the extra weight, or else their personality changes so drastically that they are totally different people...who knows. You are smart and you have guts to come on a show like this- go and succeed my friend!

July 30, 2005, 2:43 pm CDT

kyle

just a note to kyle .wish you all the best kyle and you can do with the help of DR.PHIL and your mom .take care.cathyblue blob

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page