Message Boards

Topic : 05/06 Moochers

Number of Replies: 97
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:20:38 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They drain your finances and try to take you for all you’ve got. No, it’s not the IRS, but family freeloaders! First up, when Ryan appeared on the show two years ago, he proudly wore the title King of All Moochers. His mother, Adele, was desperate to get him off the couch and out of her house. After the show, Adele took Dr. Phil’s advice and didn’t give Ryan one penny. But just when she thought her son was getting on his feet, she says Ryan was back to his old ways. She says he’s not contributing to the baby he has with his ex-girlfriend and is about to marry Tanya, a woman with a 5-year-old son, who is now pregnant with his child! Now that Ryan and Tanya have another baby on the way, Ryan says he’s serious about changing his mooching ways. Will he step up to the plate and be a father, or is Tanya just another victim of Ryan’s  freeloading lifestyle? Then, Stacey says her 42-year-old brother, Mark, is bleeding her dry. He lives in her basement and hasn’t paid rent in three months. Mark says he’s not a moocher, and it’s not his fault he doesn’t have a job -- he’s just not a morning person. Stacey says her mother, Nell, is a big enabler when it comes to Mark, but is Stacey just as guilty? Will Mark hear the wake-up call before he finds himself on the streets? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have an adult child still living at home? Share your story here: Adult Children Living at Home

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 4, 2008, 12:00 am CDT

Moochers

All I have to say to these guys is get off your lazy buts and get a job. Mark what you said about it is not your fault that you don't have a job. That is a crock of crap. I get up at 5:30 a.m. every morning to go to work. I work fulltime. I think both of these guy's are lazy.

Ryan you need to step up to the plate and be a father to that little girl.

May 5, 2008, 6:57 pm CDT

Boy, do I ever know a moocher!

What is it with these 40  or more year old men wh have no concious?  Unfortunatly I fell in love with one of these moochers, but really didnt realize he was a moocher until he moved away.  This 43 year old man I dated, not only lived off his mother for three years, in her house, but she cosigned  for his 50,000 truck ( which is not worth it) , because his credit was shot from yes, a divorce.  When Mom was ill and couldnt work for two years due to her health and I believe depression, The "GOOD SON" blamed her for the foreclosure  on there house, bankruptcy for all the bills ect... not once did he ever say that yes he hadnt worked in the past two years, and it was also his fault. He told every  family member he could get through to that it was all her fault for his proiblems!  AHHH HA.  So... He hitches a ride to Montana with his friend, a few jobs here and there, but  He never helped pay for any bills because he had to save his money for his 700.00 a month truck payment. He also didnt pay for rent.

When things went south from that episode (lasted about 2 months)Then he talked to best friend from Maryland ,  He again gave his sad sob story of how he didint have enough work, and was broke. His friend, offerd to pay his way to Maryland (with the stipualtion that my ex pays him back)  live with him, until he got a  job and got back on his feet. This friend has two small girls, Child support payments, a mortgage, and other financial obligations. My ex has  lived there since December,  he has had some good paying jobs, but his main concern is not paying  for anything but his truck payment and insurance.  He lives in his friends basement, I know he has paid for some food, but he has never onvce paid for utilitys, or rent.  He now goes and  has asked everyone of his friends many times to "Borrow" some money, because well he cant afford the gas in his big truck, he needs cigarettes and beer everyday.  He also enjoys the bar down the street and playing the lottery, which for some reason he has the money for the bar and lottery tickets.  And yes he has even asked me two times to borrow money.  I did loan him 100.00 beecause he had loaned me some, but then two weeks later, he asked to borrow another 50- 75.00.  I am a single mom!!  I am financially strained too!

I told him no the secound time. I was in shock that he even asked  me twice!  What a jerk!  I have told him to get rid of the truck, save all that money and get your own home to rent. His response was I cant, I need my truck for work!  I told him you can buy a good used truck.  But deep down inside, that truck is a status symbol for him.  And honestly I dont believe he minds the mooching.  HEs not embarrased by it anymore, it is his way of living.  I know if his friend kicks him out of the basement, he will eventually find someone else to move in, someone else to mooch off of so he can keep his precious truck. 

I know he probably owes close to 5000.00 alone to just his two closet friends and who know how much more he owes for his others he has "Borrowed" from.  I guess he expects to live with his bst friend for the rest of his life.  Unfortunatly for him, I dont believe he realizes this could destroy his best friends relationship.  You can only borrow so much money from a best friend, and then the friend realizes whats going on....

May 6, 2008, 5:46 am CDT

We All Know King Sized Moochers

I think all of us have had the misfortune of having one friend that comes to mind when it comes to the ultimate mooch.  I had a friend for years who continually mooched off me (even though I'm on a disability pension).  I had great parents and they taught me one lesson which I have never forgotten, how to be resilient stand up and look after myself drawing on my own resources.

This friend of mine who is 52 male, unmarried, and still lives at home, is a consummate moocher.  Not only does he receive a disability pension, he pays no rent, and he continued to borrow monies from me which I didn't have, and then when I was fortunate enough to meet my husband he not only invited himself along, he started to borrow monies from my new beau even when he had an extra 20 in his pocket.  He eventually had borrowed, begged, lied, stole, and drove everyone who carried away for him.  Later after having broke off the friendship (which I thought I valued) I found out that this man was not only a moocher

but was living a lie about being gay, he burnt a whole thru the community in my city and basically used and abused everyone he came in contact with.

I truly believe that these types of persons are the ones who have spent their lives hoodwinking, lying, cheating, and beating friends for even a 5-er, thru this experience I've learned one thing 'THESE PERSONS DO NOT HAVE A CONSCIENCE", and all would be victims of these types of users, moochers, beware!!!!!

These types of friendships or relationships are nothing but negative, never turn out well, and because of the lack of ability to care for anyone but themselves they are a laboring under the delusion that anyone in the end really cares..............................

May 6, 2008, 6:00 am CDT

05/06 Moochers

What is this the biggest losers week? It seems you been having grown men( and I use the word men lightly) for the past week that can't take care of themself.    SAD

May 6, 2008, 9:56 am CDT

No Moochers Here!

I raised my daughters with some very wise sayings of my own creation.  The first one was - "As many years as you live with me at the beginning of your life is as many as I live with YOU at the end of mine!"  The 2nd one was "NEVER marry a man who can lie as good with his clothes on as he can with them OFF! "

May 6, 2008, 10:05 am CDT

05/06 Moochers

Quote From: dimples052760

What is it with these 40  or more year old men wh have no concious?  Unfortunatly I fell in love with one of these moochers, but really didnt realize he was a moocher until he moved away.  This 43 year old man I dated, not only lived off his mother for three years, in her house, but she cosigned  for his 50,000 truck ( which is not worth it) , because his credit was shot from yes, a divorce.  When Mom was ill and couldnt work for two years due to her health and I believe depression, The "GOOD SON" blamed her for the foreclosure  on there house, bankruptcy for all the bills ect... not once did he ever say that yes he hadnt worked in the past two years, and it was also his fault. He told every  family member he could get through to that it was all her fault for his proiblems!  AHHH HA.  So... He hitches a ride to Montana with his friend, a few jobs here and there, but  He never helped pay for any bills because he had to save his money for his 700.00 a month truck payment. He also didnt pay for rent.

When things went south from that episode (lasted about 2 months)Then he talked to best friend from Maryland ,  He again gave his sad sob story of how he didint have enough work, and was broke. His friend, offerd to pay his way to Maryland (with the stipualtion that my ex pays him back)  live with him, until he got a  job and got back on his feet. This friend has two small girls, Child support payments, a mortgage, and other financial obligations. My ex has  lived there since December,  he has had some good paying jobs, but his main concern is not paying  for anything but his truck payment and insurance.  He lives in his friends basement, I know he has paid for some food, but he has never onvce paid for utilitys, or rent.  He now goes and  has asked everyone of his friends many times to "Borrow" some money, because well he cant afford the gas in his big truck, he needs cigarettes and beer everyday.  He also enjoys the bar down the street and playing the lottery, which for some reason he has the money for the bar and lottery tickets.  And yes he has even asked me two times to borrow money.  I did loan him 100.00 beecause he had loaned me some, but then two weeks later, he asked to borrow another 50- 75.00.  I am a single mom!!  I am financially strained too!

I told him no the secound time. I was in shock that he even asked  me twice!  What a jerk!  I have told him to get rid of the truck, save all that money and get your own home to rent. His response was I cant, I need my truck for work!  I told him you can buy a good used truck.  But deep down inside, that truck is a status symbol for him.  And honestly I dont believe he minds the mooching.  HEs not embarrased by it anymore, it is his way of living.  I know if his friend kicks him out of the basement, he will eventually find someone else to move in, someone else to mooch off of so he can keep his precious truck. 

I know he probably owes close to 5000.00 alone to just his two closet friends and who know how much more he owes for his others he has "Borrowed" from.  I guess he expects to live with his bst friend for the rest of his life.  Unfortunatly for him, I dont believe he realizes this could destroy his best friends relationship.  You can only borrow so much money from a best friend, and then the friend realizes whats going on....

What I think about this story that you're telling us; I think that he's taking advantage of everyone if he is not giving back to them. I also think that he's using them to satisfy his desires. What kind of "friend" is this person? Real friends don't take advantage of them. I seriously hope you moved on from him & found yourself a better person! I also hope he doesn't have any children. He will always continue to mooch off of others until one of them (or more) puts a stop to it. What will he do then?

May 6, 2008, 10:06 am CDT

Moochers

Quote From: ramair

Mark says it isn't his fault he doesn't have a job? That's a crock! And, he isn't a moring person? That's another crock. He could become a morning person by going to bed at a reasonable hour. And, who says he has to get a job that starts before noon? As long as he gets a job. I think he's just too sorry and lazy to work. Thanks to an enabling family who has never required anything of him.
I have married a man who lived with his family till he was 35. He tries to mooch. He is very much a momma's boy. It has become a big marital proble.

May 6, 2008, 10:23 am CDT

Moochers

These kinds of people make me angry. The guy in the first story obvisously has not learned his lesson. If he still in his mama's house she need to toss his sorry hide in the street. I think this new gal he plans on marrying is going to be drained dry by the time he's done with her. The second guy says he's not a monring person and it isn't his fault he don't have a job. HA!!!!!! what a joke! My husband gets up at 3 in the morning and works. This lazy jerk is no better then anyone else to go get a job. His family needs to shut down the bank. My younger brother is like that no job sits on his butt all day. His cousins now have to put up with him. I told him he isn't coming here.

May 6, 2008, 11:57 am CDT

05/06 Moochers

Tanya, men already think we women are stupid because we seem to be so gullible, and you have just confirmed their opinions!

Why you would get involved with Ryan, when he's so obviously a loser, and then be dumb enough to get pregnant even before you are together long enough to see how he really is, is just beyond me!

He's cheated on you, lied to you, you are doing 98% of the housework, and making more money than him....which will ALWAYS be the case....and yet, here you are, blindly defending him and telling everyone how sure you are that he will not do to you the things he's already done.....I don't get it.

Love is one thing, but stupidity is another. You will, unfortunately, regret the day you got involved with this waste of molecules, but it will be a case of yet another child having to grow up in a broken home because Ryan will never be a responsible father.

What is it Dr. Phil says?.....oh yeah: "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. 

May 6, 2008, 12:09 pm CDT

05/06 Moochers

Why, or why is it so common for these mothers and other relatives to enable their sons to be such immature, worthless wimps who can't function in the real world because mama or grandparents (and then girlfriends) are so afraid to say "NO!!" and make them grow up?

Moms.....do you actually think you're doing your sons any favors, and showing genuine love when you emotionally cripple them from the time they are little by not expecting anything from them as human beings other than to just breathe? By the time they reach adulthood, they are a total mess; unable to think for themselves, have no ambition, think the world revolves around them, and are nothing but an aggravating drain on society! 

How proud of these losers are you parents and grandparents NOW?

And the cycle goes on.....because now they are out there making more babies that will not be properly parented by them since they themselves are clueless. And shame on you silly girls who get involved with these slugs and allow yourselves to become pregnant by them!   

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last