Message Boards

Topic : 07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Number of Replies: 730
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:25:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/07/08) Ladies, listen up as Dr. Phil sheds light on men to avoid! You know the type: They can turn you off with their confidence, offend you with their arrogance and make you wonder if they actually hate women. He’s talking to men with out-of-control egos! John was dubbed The Worst Person in the World after sending what many would describe as a nasty, egotistical e-mail to a woman who rejected him on an Internet dating site. John admits he has a big ego but says he’s "all that and a bag of chips!" Don’t miss what happens when cameras follow John to a bar where he works his magic on the women! Then, meet Paul, a self-proclaimed Casanova who says men need to act more like cavemen. Paul says he’s proud of the fact that he’s slept with over 132 women and keeps a spreadsheet of his conquests. He says he’s so good at getting women into bed that he’s written a How To manual for men. Paul’s techniques are put to the test when he secretly coaches an introvert in a crowded club. Plus, one woman whom Paul couldn’t add to his spreadsheet joins him onstage. Where does she say he went wrong? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 7, 2008, 7:04 am CDT

Poor Paul

As the mother of adult children, one of them a son, I can't help but wonder how proud Paul's parents must be of him.  On the other hand, perhaps he was never taught respect for others.  Poor Paul, a spoiled brat.

May 7, 2008, 7:13 am CDT

Am I from a different planet?

Watching today's show begs the question, does anyone remember good old fashioned charm? Honest to God, Paul and John are discusting! The only difference between the two is that John is more mean spirited with his arrogance. I wouldn't give either of them a second look if I were single. These two are poster children for why we need to bring back the days when a man knew how to romance a woman without expecting her to become another notch on his belt!  I swear, its times like this when I feel I'm from another planet. Not to wish ill on anyone, but acting as these two clowns do is only asking for trouble, not to mention DISEASES!!

May 7, 2008, 7:38 am CDT

05/07 Male Egos Out of Control

Quote From: lawduchess

The two men the subject of this program are probably sociopaths who happen to be nice looking. If they keep up their selfish, egotistical ways, they'll probably end up fathering children they don't want and paying child support until their kids turn the age of majority, or they'll end up shot. Either way, people like that end up getting theirs in the end. Literally.

I am rather surprise especially with amount of HIV/Aids that is going around... I wouldn't be braggin on how many I have slept with either... I just find it very sick... Seen to much of this when I was in college over 30 years ago living in the dorms...

It doesn't look like they are very mature... just a bunch of playboys ...

May 7, 2008, 7:47 am CDT

Hypocrite!!

I am not sure why this guy is so full of himself?  He is putting women down for not being good enough; however, he isn't even attractive.  Just having a nice body does not make you cute.  If anything, it's your personality that makes a person attractive; something he surly lacks!!  Look around; you ask for a women who is attractive, educated and interesting?  You are NONE of those!!  That makes you a hypocrite...

May 7, 2008, 7:54 am CDT

You reap what you sow

These men will end up lonely in life.  No wonderful woman would put up with egos.  Really the women that fall prey and become one of the numbers need to go to counseling to have more self respect.  I say this out of example.  i was always searching for love and the confidence would be attracting, yet to be later dumped left a bigger whole than when started.  Having a high moral standard will bring joy and contentment.  Please women guard your hearts, they are precious and deserve to be treasured.  No one will treasure them unless you do.

May 7, 2008, 8:12 am CDT

How disgusting

I cant get over both John and Paul. How disgusting are you?

John--The reason the lady didnt want to date him was because he is so full of himself. i dont blame her. plus, he lied about his age. he isnt even that good looking. he is just sick, and it is so sad that a "35" year old guy still cant get over himself and realize that HE is the reason no one lieks him. No one wants a cocky man. Grow up and humble yourself, please!

Paul- What a sick, sick man. Seriously, he might have some mental issues. He should probably go talk to a psychiatrist. But i guess thats what Dr. Phil is there for, huh? How can he find happiness in seducing so many women? He probably has STD's out he wazoo! sick. ANd i'm so proud of that girl who did NOT sleep with him. Ladies--learn from her. Dont be so easy with guys like that. He has a spreadsheet with your names on it!! Respect yourself, and never lower your standards for a man like paul. Paul says he loves women, but that is complete crap! He views them as objects and thats NOT what women are. We are beautiful and precious and shouldn't be treated like a disposable object. GET HELP PAUL! do it for yourself, you need it. i wonder what his mother thinks about this? how sad.

May 7, 2008, 8:13 am CDT

Men are Out of Control

• I am a single woman of 4 years, and I have been dealing with egocentric, and immature men who want to "date me"... I think it is a society thing, where men think it is acceptable to behave this way. Nevertheless, I also feel women are too behaving in immature, egocentric, and slutty ways more then ever. I pity both women and men who are single and are serious about wanting to be in a honest, loyal, and moral relationship, since it seems that is a thing of the past.

May 7, 2008, 8:27 am CDT

Women-take responsibility/control!

Ok, I realize that the men in this show are less than quality men. But, has anyone thought about how they have been able to continue their behaviour? Is it possible that women need to raise their standards regarding the men they sleep with? How well did these women know these men prior to sleeping with them? These men wouldn't be 'racking up' these kind of numbers and have such an egotistical mentality if women weren't giving them 'the numbers'! And, no I'm not blaming women for the stupid/immature actions/mentality of these men. I'm just saying let's not forget that women have control/responsibility over the activities they participate in as well as men. Possibly, these men (and many others) wouldn't think they were all that and a bag of chips if women required more from men.

Admittedly, I have not seen the show yet... I will later this afternoon. I'm sure the men will prove themselves to be the jerks that they are,but I will be very curious to see if anyone raises the responsibility of the women to know who they are sleeping with and to set standards for the men they permit in their life. 

May 7, 2008, 8:45 am CDT

Male Egos Out Of Control

Here we go again with everything being about sex.  Why would any man or woman want to put themselves in the position of contracting a horrible disease just to prove that they can make a conquest.  Our local TV Channel is viewing a segment on Sex and the Bible today which I plan to watch, however, I know what the Bible teaches and it is that God gave us a sexual desire so we can enjoy intimacy in marriage.  For the people who haven't waited for marriage and to have one life partner, they don't know what they are missing - intimacy is wonderful with the right person but having sex with every person you come in contact with can't be that satisfying.  The men on the show were disgusting, however, the women who allowed themselves to be added to the list of conquests are no better than they are.  It does take two to tango and unless a rape occurs the encounter was consented to.  It is time women show the world that we are better than these sex driven men and say no to them.  There are still some good men out there that would like to have a woman with morals to spend the rest of their lives with and this should be the goal of all women. This type of man will never be found in a bar, however. 

May 7, 2008, 9:09 am CDT

Diagnosis?

Have seen this before.  These men are likely closeted homosesexuals, trying desperately to prove to themselves they aren't gay.  This is obviously not fun for them.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last