Message Boards

Topic : 07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Number of Replies: 730
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:25:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/07/08) Ladies, listen up as Dr. Phil sheds light on men to avoid! You know the type: They can turn you off with their confidence, offend you with their arrogance and make you wonder if they actually hate women. He’s talking to men with out-of-control egos! John was dubbed The Worst Person in the World after sending what many would describe as a nasty, egotistical e-mail to a woman who rejected him on an Internet dating site. John admits he has a big ego but says he’s "all that and a bag of chips!" Don’t miss what happens when cameras follow John to a bar where he works his magic on the women! Then, meet Paul, a self-proclaimed Casanova who says men need to act more like cavemen. Paul says he’s proud of the fact that he’s slept with over 132 women and keeps a spreadsheet of his conquests. He says he’s so good at getting women into bed that he’s written a How To manual for men. Paul’s techniques are put to the test when he secretly coaches an introvert in a crowded club. Plus, one woman whom Paul couldn’t add to his spreadsheet joins him onstage. Where does she say he went wrong? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 7, 2008, 9:14 am CDT

05/07 Male Egos Out of Control

Quote From: rachel_rose

"A true man does not need to romance a different girl every night, a true man romances the same girl for the rest of her life."
AMEN!!

May 7, 2008, 9:45 am CDT

PATERNITY TEST KITS - OVER THE COUNTER

Quote From: lawduchess

The two men the subject of this program are probably sociopaths who happen to be nice looking. If they keep up their selfish, egotistical ways, they'll probably end up fathering children they don't want and paying child support until their kids turn the age of majority, or they'll end up shot. Either way, people like that end up getting theirs in the end. Literally.
Paternity test kits are the latest example of how genetics testing is pushing into the consumer marketplace, fueling competition not only in paternity issues but also in ancestry research (many purchasers are adults who still have questions about who their parents are or were). Genetic paternity tests are widely available online. Experts are warning consumers that some laboratories doing the testing are not required to meet federal or any genetic testing standards.

Over-the-counter test kits are now available. These over-the-counter test kits are now available in some local stores - except those in New York, where state law requires a court order or medical prescription.

www.dnatesting.com

The kits cost about $30. They contain cotton swabs for taking cells from inside the mouth, which are then placed in sealed plastic bags and sent with a consent form and an additional fee to an accredited lab. Results are available in three to five days and can be accessed online. Assuming that the information listed on the form sent in with paternity kits is correct;
the test is 99.9 percent accurate for paternity.

The tests cannot be used in legal proceedings because there is no verification that the samples come from the people who are listed on the forms sent to the laboratory. Legally valid tests cost about $350 with Identigene.

With some paternity tests advertised on the Web for as little as $89. Buy from a company whose laboratory is accredited for crime scene processing and by the American Association of Blood Banks, which set standards for handling and processing samples.

Hope it helps!

May 7, 2008, 9:57 am CDT

HOW TO EXPLOIT HER INNER PSYCHO OR PAY FOR PLAY

If you are with in a relationship with someone, you expect the relationship to grow and deepen over time; you expect a heart connection to be made and maintained.  You operate your life based on this expectation.  When your partner in the relationship does not or cannot make an emotional connection, the relationship becomes very painful.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight:  :

Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward AND Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss MAYBE Emotional Unavailability:  Recognizing It, Understanding It...by Bryn Collins

The Professional Bachelors Dating Guide:  How to Exploit Her Inner Psycho by Dr Brett Tate MAYBE Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin

The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout OR Aggression in Personality Disorders and Perversions by Otto Kernberg

Though harder to spot, emotional abuse is easier to deny.  But just as physical abuse has signposts to mark its presence, emotional abuse, being a systematic attack on one's sense of self, has common traits.  Physical abuse comes in degrees of severity - emotional abuse also runs the gamut of intensity and damage.

Hope it helps!

May 7, 2008, 10:19 am CDT

Kudos to you!!

Quote From: feistyd

Ok, I realize that the men in this show are less than quality men. But, has anyone thought about how they have been able to continue their behaviour? Is it possible that women need to raise their standards regarding the men they sleep with? How well did these women know these men prior to sleeping with them? These men wouldn't be 'racking up' these kind of numbers and have such an egotistical mentality if women weren't giving them 'the numbers'! And, no I'm not blaming women for the stupid/immature actions/mentality of these men. I'm just saying let's not forget that women have control/responsibility over the activities they participate in as well as men. Possibly, these men (and many others) wouldn't think they were all that and a bag of chips if women required more from men.

Admittedly, I have not seen the show yet... I will later this afternoon. I'm sure the men will prove themselves to be the jerks that they are,but I will be very curious to see if anyone raises the responsibility of the women to know who they are sleeping with and to set standards for the men they permit in their life. 

Very "GOOD" point and very true!!!!!!

Woman need to be more SELECTIVE as there will always be those men with low self-esteem(no matter what their "looks" are)that need to prove to themselves their manhood by sleeping with as much women as they can.

You are right, woman that sleep around with those men do empower them to continue in their promiscuous behavior.

May 7, 2008, 11:01 am CDT

pleasure at others expense

I kept hearing the two want-to-be pimps(long shot from that) saying they arn't hearting anyone so why shouldn't they. Well, the truth is they are. They do not know that they are doing to these woman emotionally or physically. They do not know these girls well enough to know their past sexual expierences, whether good or bad. Chances are these 100 + woman the new york guy has slept with had low self esteem, because the did just jump into bed with this loser. Is his ego that big, where he thinks he's helping these woman. Is he that self-absorbed? Just another dent in those girls self esteem. One more guy who used them and left them. I don't know how they sleep at night.

May 7, 2008, 11:42 am CDT

male egos out of control

I have, a long time ago, been the female version of these guys. Not proud of it & definitely had things I had to work through. That being said, its been my expirience that guys that act like those two but especially the guy from Atlanta, have VERY SMALL PACKAGES. Also the guy from Atlanta needs to address the fact that he is going bald & take some of that 100k income & invest in hair plugs. And he needs to lay off the steroids, they're making his face fat.

May 7, 2008, 11:59 am CDT

Trish....don't give up on online dating

Hi Trish - I know you said in the show that you never wanted to do the online dating thing again, but don't give up on it yet.  Yeah, I know from personal experience that there are A LOT of male idiots/losers/big-headed butt-munches out there in cyber space, but you can also weed through all the "frogs" and still find a "prince" eventually.  I am living proof of finding my "soul mate" online via match.com. I even posted my story somewhere in the match.com site under success stories.  We met online in November 2006, had our first date in Dec. that year and have been together ever since.  He lived 2 hrs away from me, and we only saw each other on weekends, until he moved in with me and my 2 boys in June '07.  We are engaged to be married (no set date yet) and my boys like him very much (a definite plus!).  My fiance even gets along VERY well with my "ex", which is a true blessing. 

You're smart enough to know the difference between the losers like the guy on Dr. Phil, or the liars/cheats who are looking for a poor soul to take advantage of, but there are also very honest, caring, compassionate men  you could take home to meet your family.  You just have to be open-minded, and yet not gullible when it comes to online dating.  I even had an online "stalker" for awhile and had to remove all of my information after reporting the jerk to the online dating website, before I could re-establish a profile and start over again.  And many that I winked at, wouldn't even respond to me.  But I also met some very nice, honest, attractive (to me, at least!) men who were willing to take the time to get to know me for me, and not just looking for a piece of ***, or another notch on their sexual conquests belt.

I just wanted you to know that the potential for real and lasting love can be found online, so don't necessarily give up on it.   Good luck in your search for a real "prince".

Katie

May 7, 2008, 12:19 pm CDT

paul

You know if the man is telling the truth... IF so now I don't know how old he is. But anyways... Aside from being arrogant. Well... wanting to date someone of your own caliber doesn't make you a bad person. I have dated guys that now I look back on it and think they were so beneath me. I don't think it's judgemental that you set your standards higher.

May 7, 2008, 12:21 pm CDT

lady going to the media

that's crazy. she got her feelings hurt and went nationwide w/ it. That insane!!

May 7, 2008, 12:21 pm CDT

yes

Quote From: doridoridori

AMEN!!
yes maam!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last