Message Boards

Topic : 07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Number of Replies: 730
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:25:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/07/08) Ladies, listen up as Dr. Phil sheds light on men to avoid! You know the type: They can turn you off with their confidence, offend you with their arrogance and make you wonder if they actually hate women. He’s talking to men with out-of-control egos! John was dubbed The Worst Person in the World after sending what many would describe as a nasty, egotistical e-mail to a woman who rejected him on an Internet dating site. John admits he has a big ego but says he’s "all that and a bag of chips!" Don’t miss what happens when cameras follow John to a bar where he works his magic on the women! Then, meet Paul, a self-proclaimed Casanova who says men need to act more like cavemen. Paul says he’s proud of the fact that he’s slept with over 132 women and keeps a spreadsheet of his conquests. He says he’s so good at getting women into bed that he’s written a How To manual for men. Paul’s techniques are put to the test when he secretly coaches an introvert in a crowded club. Plus, one woman whom Paul couldn’t add to his spreadsheet joins him onstage. Where does she say he went wrong? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 7, 2008, 12:22 pm CDT

I don't need or want a bag of chips

Boy talk about ego inflated maniac's,  the first guest is just hilarious, do these men even figure they stand a chance.......................??????

Wait a minute these aren't MEN, they are boys and they have forgotten the basic things most women look for in a man, humor, humility, love, and the ability to put someone first before themselves.

The woman your first guest is looking for is only available in comic books, good grief how lucky I'm not into the dating scene, and neither my partner nor myself behave this way, we love each other for our faults, not our best traits......................thank the lord I'm lucky enough not to have met anyone like this in my single days, it would have been enough to lead me to spinsterhood.

LOL.............really boys you don't need to find a partner, you need a mirror and a constant recording of how deliriously happy you make yourselves.

I'm still laughing, thanks for the BIGGEST most Funny JOKE I've had all week!!!!!!

May 7, 2008, 12:26 pm CDT

05/07 Male Egos Out of Control

Quote From: lady_tinou

Very "GOOD" point and very true!!!!!!

Woman need to be more SELECTIVE as there will always be those men with low self-esteem(no matter what their "looks" are)that need to prove to themselves their manhood by sleeping with as much women as they can.

You are right, woman that sleep around with those men do empower them to continue in their promiscuous behavior.
do you think it's wrong to set your standards high? this first man seems to be well educated and has a good job. so why not look for a woman w/ the same?

May 7, 2008, 12:29 pm CDT

This guy is pathetic

The first guy is only good for is comedic value. I am absolutely horrified by his ego. A person's worth is not strictly measured in material things. What ever happened to qualities like humility, compassion, modesty and respect for others? To top it off, he isn't really even very attractive. His personality only makes him even more unattractive. He is emotionally hollow and has no interest other than himself.  WHY would anyone want to waste their time with him? The saddest part of it all is that the truth is - Anyone who has to put up this much of a front about themselves ultimately is completely INSECURE.

The second guy is a walking STD. And it's halarious how the women thought he was sketchy. I guess he only gets laid when there is alcohol involved. .PREDATOR Beware NEW YORK.

May 7, 2008, 12:29 pm CDT

05/07 Male Egos Out of Control

This first guy, whatever his name was, is totally laughable.  I don't see ANYTHING whatsoever physically or metally attractive about him.  His face is average at best and the bar seen looked like he had plugs.  I've been to Buckhead - so what - nothing there to brag about and $100,000 a year - big deal.  I would never date a man who made so much less than I do.  If he's so smart, why does he only make $100,000 a year?  He really must not think much of himself to exaggerate how good he is. 

May 7, 2008, 12:36 pm CDT

egos don't equal confidence

Let's be real....confident men are sexy.  They get what they want quite a bit, and no one really thinks less of them for it.  A confident man can take control of a situation just by walking into the room.  It's not that he demands respect and attention, he just inspires it.  I know....I married a confident man.   I don't get picked on by used car salesmen anymore, or those people calling to sell you internet phone service!  But confidence does not mean tooting your own horn so loudly you can't hear anyone else.  Confident men are actually more likely to want to hear about others. They don't feel this compulsion to broadcast all their "stats".  No one else has to think they've got it going on....they know they've got it going on.  This works both ways.  I've never met a man who instantly fell for one of these girls who can't shut up about how pretty and wonderful she is.   Egos are a cheap knockoff of confidence, and I feel sorry for this guy, because at a time when he should be in a meaningful and loving relationship, he's on Dr. Phil, telling us all how much he can bench press.  That's a cold thing to sleep with at night, but apparently it's all he's got.  I hope he finds the woman he's looking for, and I hope she's enough to make him secure.

May 7, 2008, 12:40 pm CDT

a thought

If these 2 guys are so freaking amazing, then WHY don't they have a steady girlfriend or a wife?? Why are none of these girls "coming back" to them?????!!! I think these guys are out of this world and don't deserve the company of ANY woman.

May 7, 2008, 12:42 pm CDT

crazy

Both guys are definite sociopaths and a little scary.  Mr. Casanova is for sure someone to be concerned about.  He is one that I would most be afraid of because of his need for conquests.  What will be his next conquest?  Scary.

May 7, 2008, 12:44 pm CDT

Ugly GUY!

What an ugly Guy.! He is ugly from the inside out!

May 7, 2008, 12:44 pm CDT

Male Egos

Quote From: photoflirt

Boy talk about ego inflated maniac's,  the first guest is just hilarious, do these men even figure they stand a chance.......................??????

Wait a minute these aren't MEN, they are boys and they have forgotten the basic things most women look for in a man, humor, humility, love, and the ability to put someone first before themselves.

The woman your first guest is looking for is only available in comic books, good grief how lucky I'm not into the dating scene, and neither my partner nor myself behave this way, we love each other for our faults, not our best traits......................thank the lord I'm lucky enough not to have met anyone like this in my single days, it would have been enough to lead me to spinsterhood.

LOL.............really boys you don't need to find a partner, you need a mirror and a constant recording of how deliriously happy you make yourselves.

I'm still laughing, thanks for the BIGGEST most Funny JOKE I've had all week!!!!!!

If I wasn't married I still wouldn't gave John the time of day,John to me you are really not all that to look at. With the way you are going you are going to have a very lonely life. Get over yourself!!!!

May 7, 2008, 12:51 pm CDT

I must say...

I hope no one out there thinks that all guys are like this because they aren't....
 There are many caring, emotionally connected, thoughtful men out there (online and offline) that are nothing like these "men" . All these two seem to care about is sex and there is so much more to life than just that.
 Keep looking ladies and gents, the right man/woman IS out there.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last