Message Boards

Topic : 07/22 Male Egos Out of Control

Number of Replies: 730
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:25:28 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/07/08) Ladies, listen up as Dr. Phil sheds light on men to avoid! You know the type: They can turn you off with their confidence, offend you with their arrogance and make you wonder if they actually hate women. He’s talking to men with out-of-control egos! John was dubbed The Worst Person in the World after sending what many would describe as a nasty, egotistical e-mail to a woman who rejected him on an Internet dating site. John admits he has a big ego but says he’s "all that and a bag of chips!" Don’t miss what happens when cameras follow John to a bar where he works his magic on the women! Then, meet Paul, a self-proclaimed Casanova who says men need to act more like cavemen. Paul says he’s proud of the fact that he’s slept with over 132 women and keeps a spreadsheet of his conquests. He says he’s so good at getting women into bed that he’s written a How To manual for men. Paul’s techniques are put to the test when he secretly coaches an introvert in a crowded club. Plus, one woman whom Paul couldn’t add to his spreadsheet joins him onstage. Where does she say he went wrong? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 7, 2008, 1:00 pm CDT

What's he doing on those types of Date Sites?

I don't get it!  Is there no one within his circle of snobs that meet his caliber?  Maybe he should try a higher caliber of Date Site:)  That is, if there is one.

May 7, 2008, 1:05 pm CDT

05/07 Male Egos Out of Control

When I saw the previews for this show, I figured that I would be all up in arms and offended by these guys. But, surprisingly, as the show progressed, I found myself just simply feeling sorry for John and Paul. John seems to me to be incredibly insecure.I especially feel sorry for Paul. I have to wonder what happened to him in his past to make him think and behave as he does. If he were a woman he would, in some circles, be condsidered "easy" or a "slut", and I always have a lot of sympathy for women like that. And I have a great deal of sympathy for Paul. He seems lost, somehow. I feel like they both have somehow ended up on the wrongs paths. I'm so sorry both of them. Good luck with the rest of your lives, guys.

May 7, 2008, 1:08 pm CDT

Well...

I  don't usually mind arrogant men. I've have lots of guy friends that are totally full of themselves and mostly I think it's funny. When they brag about whatever I laugh it off. It's just not that serious to me and I realize they do it because it's likely they are trying to actually make themselves feel BETTER about something.

Either way, I loved this episode. That first guy was a joker, but I actually really liked Paul. I thought it was hilarious he had a "manual" and coached Nardeep through that bar. He's also very good looking and dressed nicely, so I could see why he'd get a lot of women. I'd probably me one of them if I saw him and he approached me in the street. Lol!

May 7, 2008, 1:10 pm CDT

Retribution

These men are just pathetic.  Yes, dating is sometimes a game, but often it is a genuine attempt to spend time meeting people who could someday be 'the one'.  These men have no soul. There is only one way to stop them - Some time in the future, they will meet someone that they really care about - not a game - and they will be treated with the same heart-stomping disrepect.  Then, and only then, will they understand the destruction they have caused.  I hope it comes sooner rather than later to spare any more women from these two.

May 7, 2008, 1:11 pm CDT

NOT!!!!!!!!

This first arrogant male doesn't do anything for me. I've seen a lot better than him. He is just STUCK on himself!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 7, 2008, 1:12 pm CDT

If thats whats out there LET ME BE!

hate to tell these 2 guys ---but I am a nyc lady and I have met you and the million others like you!

your attitudes stink and i wonder??? does anyone ever go home with you straight?? i seriously doubt it!

these 2 guys are the perfect reason for any woman to stay single ! you got the toys so you dont even need these liars for sex, and it you want a child ...  you are much better off with a sperm donor! let those freaks play thier games.... it will be a cold day in HELL before i deal with these idiots that are so fascinated with themselves. that ny guy was typical...also a cliche!

women are better than this and if he is so afraid of having to put out for a drink...???? be advised any one going home with you NEEDS IT! get over yourself idiot! there are women in this  city that could blow you away!

May 7, 2008, 1:13 pm CDT

Utter fools

Unbelievable that these two think the're "all that"    Neither of them is that good looking either.   Their large egos mean the're overcompensating....     For someone to come on National TV and BRAG that they've been with 132 women including 2 who were hookers is UGH...   Secondly... to women -  watch out for this guy and don't over do your drinking.      

As a young single woman,  I don't fall for any lines any guy gives me.  If this type of guy were chat me up - a chat is fine, but that's where I draw the line.   I have very high standards, (high in MY opinion - I'm not that high maintenance, money is not an issue but certain other aspects are important to me: ie.  especially the kind of likes/dislikes the person has etc.)  and both Paul and the first guy are the lowest of the low.   I'd rather date my junior high nemisis (who was a complete turd) than go near either one of these guys!

May 7, 2008, 1:14 pm CDT

Psychologically challenged.

In my opinion, these guys are so psychologically challenged. I think maybe you missed the point of having them on the show if you weren't going to get into why they would behave so archaically. I wanted you to tell them they have an addiction. I was waiting to hear you say they needed professional help. I've dated guys like that, and they all have serious inferiority issues with women. John was saying "as long as you're not hurting anyone...", but they don't realize that they very well may be hurting lots of women. They just don't care enough about them to stop.

May 7, 2008, 1:14 pm CDT

05/07 Male Egos Out of Control

Quote From: donnasmith

do you think it's wrong to set your standards high? this first man seems to be well educated and has a good job. so why not look for a woman w/ the same?
This is not a guy who is going to marry anyone. No one would ever be good enough for him. He would not be trustworthy in a marriage because he thinks he is god's gift to women. But he would probably sleep with you if that's what you type is interested in.

May 7, 2008, 1:15 pm CDT

Female - Women are to blame, not the men!

What these two men have done isn't wrong. True the letter was rude I will not defend that, but those 132 women were willing!! Women feed their egos! More then 132 women gave their numbers to that man, 132 were stupid enough to go see him. There is nothing wrong the the man, he is feeding an urge that he is born with! He shouldn't be hated because he finds women who need something. Women are just being stupid!!! Don't fall for that kind of stuff, it isn't that big of a deal!! Step it up ladies!!! You are making us all look bad! I'm disappointed in the reaction of the women in the audience! You were upset with them when you should have been upset with the women who played along with them. They are making us look bad, the men I'm sure are considered gods for scoring so many girls! Why should they be beaten down for taking advantage for something they are given?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last