Message Boards

Topic : 05/09 Mama Drama

Number of Replies: 117
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:33:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
We've all got a mom, and they all come with different personalities, and in different shapes and sizes. While some are more traditional, like June Cleaver, others are controlling drama queens. First meet Jessica. She says that becoming a mom was one of the happiest moments in her life, but it has taken a huge toll on her marriage. She gained over 50 pounds having her children, and now her husband says she looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy. He even points to pigs and says to his kids, 'Look, there's Mommy.' What does Dr. Phil say this couple must do to restore their relationship? Next, Kathleen calls her mom, Grace, the biggest drama queen. She says she's so controlling, she will throw tantrums if things don’t go her way. Grace says she's just a concerned, caring mother who likes to state her opinion. Will Grace admit her behavior is over the top, and is she ready to make a change? Then, 14-year-old Sheri claims she has the most embarrassing mom in the world! She says her mom, Monique, will break into song and dance anywhere at anytime. But will she at the Dr. Phil show? And, you won't want to miss Robin's favorite Mother’s Day present ideas. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 13, 2008, 7:31 am CDT

05/09 Mama Drama

Quote From: getrealtime

lossing weight will not change the negative image she has of herself, until she gets pride in herself  some   self worth, she will always feel like she is worthless.,

A woman with pride in herself would of never took that from her husband.

abuse can be a funny thing.

May 14, 2008, 5:36 am CDT

05/09 Mama Drama

Quote From: mitchkj

abuse can be a funny thing.
I think the Doc. missed this one big time, should of helped her mind, before he helped her body!!! the mind is will take care of everything else when its healthy.

May 16, 2008, 6:31 am CDT

beautiful mother

I was completely infuriated when watching the show. Your first guest who is emotionally abusive towards his wife needs to take a look in the mirror. His wife is beautiful regaurdless of her size after having two children. I am a mother of four and lost my pregnancy weight after my first two pregnancies. However my third pregnancy was twins born fourteen months later. I will never have a flat stomach again but that is the price I paid for my four wonderful children. I dealt with emotional abuse from my childrens father for eight years. It started while I was pregnant with our first son. Before pregnancy I weighed 120 lbs., four children later I weigh in at 145 lbs. About 1 1/2 years ago I took the advice you gave her today and dropped 185 lbs. I'm happier now with my body and appearance that I ever have been. Maybe her husband should take care of the two kids for a few hours a week so he can build up his workout and his wife can tone down her workout and go to the gym. Caring for kids is far more of a workout than going to the gym and sitting on a stationary bike.

May 16, 2008, 3:55 pm CDT

mama drama

May 16, 2008, 4:28 pm CDT

Gaining weight, losing husband

Are you for real Dr. Phil?  Most people know the weight issue this girl  has been having since she had her two children has nothing to do with will power.  For you to sit there and tell you how happy you'd be to come to her rescue and put her on a diet is just so arrogant.   I'm happy for you that Robin was able to lose her weight so quickly but I don't suppose Robin has any issues with self esteem either or a verbally abusive husband.     Do you really think that her losing weight will be the solution to her problems?    Not only is she suffering from verbal abuse from her husband but I'd bet money on it that her "classy" husband doesn't help or support her in raising her children.   Do you really think she takes the verbal abuse because she loves him?  or could it be that she, likes so many other young women raising children, feels trapped?    To add to her unhappiness she now had to be publicly humiliated by you when you implied she just hadn't tried hard enough to lose the weight.  You dropped the ball on this one Dr Phil. 

May 31, 2008, 4:01 am CDT

You don't have to be thin, to be healthy

I weigh 245 lbs and I'm healthier now, than I've ever been.  I feel secure, having that extra layer of fat, between myself and the world.  I know that I won't get raped, or sexually assaulted.  I'm glad that I don't look like a Barbie doll.  I hate today's society.  Thin is in.  Go on a diet.  Starve yourself.  Only thin people are healthy.  I don't believe any of that crap, for a minute.  I don't want the little girl body, I don't wear the tight, girly clothes, and I'm glad that I don't have the long hair.  My friends call me Sid from 'Flushed Away' and I take that as a compliment. 

Sid

July 14, 2008, 3:50 am CDT

Is this where that mum was "interfering" with the marriage?

Can I post it in here? I couldnt find the other thread.

I am referring to a show that just aired here called Secret Love; I believe. You know that guy that had the affair with his wife's half sister when they took the sister in to their home. 

None of it makes sense to me. I wanted to smack that guy because no matter how you put it, even if the mum was toxic and called the psychologist a quack, (who cares why did they go on with that for even 10 seconds let alone ten minutes) who the hell did that guy think he was when he sat up there so self righteously saying [to the mother-in-law] oh yeah you're a terrible mother because you didn't tell my wife I was cheating on her with her half sister! Hope she cuts the sister and the husband out, the sister had the nerve to call her a b on tv. Um hello?

Thats ridiculous. I mean the husband had no place to be up there yelling at his mother in law over that issue no matter how fruity she is - he is the one to blame in that situation, and if you ask me, the issue the wife has is has with her mum & has to do with sibling rivalry which occurred in her and her sister's childhoods.

She is too weak to stand up and say that her husband is a pig for what he did so she will instead scream at her mother and side with him when he was the one who betrayed her.

Get a clue people!

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next Page | Last Page