Message Boards

Topic : 05/09 Mama Drama

Number of Replies: 117
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 02, 2008, 01:33:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
We've all got a mom, and they all come with different personalities, and in different shapes and sizes. While some are more traditional, like June Cleaver, others are controlling drama queens. First meet Jessica. She says that becoming a mom was one of the happiest moments in her life, but it has taken a huge toll on her marriage. She gained over 50 pounds having her children, and now her husband says she looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy. He even points to pigs and says to his kids, 'Look, there's Mommy.' What does Dr. Phil say this couple must do to restore their relationship? Next, Kathleen calls her mom, Grace, the biggest drama queen. She says she's so controlling, she will throw tantrums if things don’t go her way. Grace says she's just a concerned, caring mother who likes to state her opinion. Will Grace admit her behavior is over the top, and is she ready to make a change? Then, 14-year-old Sheri claims she has the most embarrassing mom in the world! She says her mom, Monique, will break into song and dance anywhere at anytime. But will she at the Dr. Phil show? And, you won't want to miss Robin's favorite Mother’s Day present ideas. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 9, 2008, 2:14 pm CDT

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THAT ONE

Quote From: housewife52

My son came in during this segment and I explained what was going on. He said, "Well, he ain't got no room to talk, he looks like he's 12 years old."

YOU ARE SO RIGHT ON THAT MAN.

HE IS A BOY IN EVERY WAY

May 9, 2008, 2:16 pm CDT

05/09 Mama Drama

Quote From: jessi1128

I don't eat much at all!! And anyways since the show I have lost 20 lbs.
That's great! You go girl!

May 9, 2008, 2:18 pm CDT

DR PHIL

YOU KNOW WHAT DR PHIL HE WAS NOT SORRY FOR CALLING HIS WIFE NAMES!!

IF HE WAS SORRY HE WOULD NOT OF DONE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE NOW WOULD HE.

HE WONT STOP AND I DO HOPE THAT SHE GET HER SELF IN A BETTER PLACE IN HER LIFE.

Bubbles  Bubbles Bubbles  Bubbles

May 9, 2008, 2:24 pm CDT

May he learn what REAL LOVE really is....before it's too late

The reality is that this young woman will eventually lose the weight but NEVER forget all the mean things her husband has said to her. She will always feel the hurt and pain of his words every time she looks at him and every time she looks in the mirror.

Also, this man is abusing his children by speaking of their mother so horribly. If they are girls, they'll be so self-contious about their bodies & weight. And if they don't look perfect, they'll think their father doesn't love them or like them. If they are boys, they'll grow up to have lousy marriages because they'll treat their own wives the lousy way they saw their father treat their mother. This man has NO RIGHT to do this to his kids!

I have been happily married almost 19 years to a rugged, handsome, sweet, bright, successful, federal officer. He's a SUPER husband/friend/lover and a great father to our two kids. I gained 100 lbs since we met and he has NEVER EVER said one mean thing about me. He still calls me beautiful, tells me he loves me and WANTS sex as often as ever. In 3 months, I have lost 35 lbs while on a medical diet. I feel great and he's supportive because he wants me HEALTHY. He woud love me fat or skinny, it makes no matter. THAT is what real love is all about. Real love doesn't hurt. It's not mean or cruel.

Hopefully the young woman's husband will GROW UP, become a REAL husband, learn how to LOVE and be SUPPORTIVE and also do right by his children before it's too late. I wish them well. There are too many divorces in this country, too many broken homes and God has been very sad...

May 9, 2008, 2:28 pm CDT

Cool Stuff!

I've always wanted to go see the Dr. Phil show taped.  (There are a few obstacles, like, um, having trouble finding babysitters and being on the other end of the country and such.)  But, wow, today would have been the day to go, wouldn't it? That was some pretty cool stuff they were handing out!

May 9, 2008, 2:29 pm CDT

GRACE

DR PHIL THIS WOMAN GRACE NEEDS SOME HELP.I HAD A GRANDMOTHER WAS LIKE GRACE AS

SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS BETTER THAN ANY ONE. AND MY MOTHER AND MYSELF WAS NOT AS GOOD AS HER AND GUESS WHAT GRACE IS THIS KIND OF WOMAN WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOUR OWN CHILDREN WHY.

LET YOUR KIDS BE HAPPY. AND DON'T TRY TO RUN THEIR LIVES. THAT IS WHY WE ARE MOTHERS AND FATHERS AND WE ARE THE ONES THAT HAVE CHILDREN TO LET THEM MAKE A LIFE FOR THEM SELF'S.

SO GRACE GET OVER YOURSELF!! AND GET A LIFE.

Mother's Day Flowers 

May 9, 2008, 2:34 pm CDT

05/09 Mama Drama

Quote From: mimiskb

I totally agree with you.  Dr. Phil's question put the blame for her weight gain on the husband, not on the person putting the food in their mouth.  The husband can't help whether he is attracted to a heavy woman or not, although he doesn't have to be so ugly about it.   She has 2 choices: lose the weight or lose the husband, neither loss sounds like a bad deal.

I don't think he was blaming the husband for her gaining weight.  He was blaming the husband for making her miserable.

Dr. Phil even asked her point-blank, "Do you really want to lose this weight?"

She said that she did.  She said that being overweight was making her unhappy.  But, more than that, making her unhappy was her cruel husband comparing her to a sow and stuff. 

May 9, 2008, 2:38 pm CDT

Man of Distinction?

What was all of this with Jessica's husband going out of his way to tell us that he came from a cultured, wealthy background?

It has been my experience that if someone is a child of privilege and they have to make a point of TELLING you that ~ well, then, all of that fancy rearing didn't help em very much! 

May 9, 2008, 2:40 pm CDT

chronic pain!

Quote From: brendafattig

Please do a show on chronic pain. There have got to be other people out there who are in my situation and who do not know who to turn to next. Pain every single day of their lives, altering what their life used to be like. Go to the doctor and get the same old responses. Here are your pain pill prescriptions, see ya in a month. Family thinking that you are already a drug addict because you are on medicine prescribed to you by a M.D., but that doesn't matter you are bound to be an addict at some point in your life. (According to them).  Friends who don't understand that "no, you don't feel like coming out for dinner because all you want to do is to lay in bed because you are in pain or are tired from the pain pills or depressed over your situation. Unless you have ever had chronic pain and have suffered from it daily you have NO idea what we go through on a daily basis. It just gets old, people don't understand us. I would LOVE for dr.phil to do a show on chronic pain and have a pain psychologist  or a pain doctror there with our group who can actually give statistics of what our pain does to us on a dad to day basis and just how common of a problem this is for us. thanks, brenda fattig
Maybe you should e-mail Dr. Phil, doube if he reads the message boards.

May 9, 2008, 2:51 pm CDT

Poor Kathleen

I feel so sorry for this girl!  I would love to tell her that her mother will NEVER change!  I am 54 years old and still living with this situation.  My mother is 82 and we will never be anything other than "mommy" and child.  Your mother will be a drama queen even when shes old, mine still is.  My mother still thinks that everything is all about her.  My mother feels entitled to say anything hurtful to me and my sister she wants just because we happen to be her blood.  Now, reverse the situation...if I ever said the things she feels so at ease to say back to her it would be the end of the world!  She will never let you be a grown up woman, trust me.   When you move and put miles between you and her that is the only answer.  I really started enjoying my life when I moved out of state.  I love my mother and I miss her at times but I don't miss the drama, hand wringing, crying, acting and taking credit for everything right with her children.  That is another thing, my mother will pat herself on the back over anything positive but will guilt you if there is anything about your life she does not like or approve of.  She also let's you know that just because she gave birth to you you owe her for the rest of your life.  She has NO IDEA the life lession she has taught to me and my sister without even knowing it!

KUDOS Dr. Phil for telling the mother to lighen up and give support not a directive. 

If she actually listens and decides to try your advice life will be a lot better for her children.  They will probably want to be around her so much more.  My children (I have two) are very close to me, almost in a weird brother sister way because I decided long ago I would not treat my child with anything but respect.  That does not mean I allow bad behavior from them, NO..it does mean treat your child like you want to be treated.  Think about what you say before you let it fly.  Would you like those words coming to you??

Let me tell you Kathleen, I am proud of you...you show me you are mature beyond your years.  You also have a very good disposition and you are thoughtful.  Take care sweet girl.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last