Message Boards

Topic : 08/13 Babysitter Gone Bad

Number of Replies: 211
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:54:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/13/08) She was the most sought-after nanny in her neighborhood. Moms trusted her, and kids adored her. But Stephanie, 23, has been hiding a secret for two years: She’s addicted to crack and heroin. Stephanie’s mother, Kim, says she’s tried everything to help her daughter, but “when does a child listen to a parent?” Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Kim. Is she a bad influence on her addicted daughter? Joani, a former addict and guest, caught shocking evidence on videotape. Then, who does Stephanie think is partly responsible for her downward spiral? An absent father, a devoted best friend, an incarcerated boyfriend and two former employers  -- Stephanie hears from them all. Will this be the wake-up call she needs to enter rehab? Plus, when former guest and heroin addict, Sarah, shares her recovery story, will it inspire Stephanie to change her life before her addiction kills her?  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

If you or a loved one has an addiction, find support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 10, 2008, 11:34 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Baby  Bad Doctor Gone Phil Sitter. Well Well Well here we go again. Another babysitter that went haywire.--

I am sure glad that I donot need babysiter at all. See you on Tuesday May 13th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Sin---

cerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 10, 2008, 8:41 pm CDT

Yikes

This is one of the many reasons why i don't trust peole to watch my child. Too many bad things can happen.

May 12, 2008, 1:08 pm CDT

05/13 Babysitter Gone Bad

Joini, you are one amazing lady! The way, after Dr Phil helped you overcome your own addiction, you continue "paying it forward" by helping others still addicted.

May 12, 2008, 5:19 pm CDT

Accountability

Stephanie, no one is accountable for your actions except YOU.  You have the power here to STOP this crap and go to rehab and get it over with.  If youre doing drugs because everyone's doing it, then you're giving away your power.  If youre doing drugs because your bored with your job, go back to school and or get another job.  Stop doing drugs with your mom, get a new job, and move away from bottom-feeders that enable you.  Maybe when you get clean, you can be an inspiration to your mom and others you know that tried to drag you down with them.  But for now, you have to take care of you,  because obviously no one else will, including your mother.

May 12, 2008, 5:28 pm CDT

Bad baby sitter

I work in a school setting with handicaped children. This girl makes me sick.

Where are the police in all of this. This is child indangerment. This girl needs to go to Jail. Yes this girl does have an addiction to drugs and she does need treatment. But when you put the life of a child in danger that's where I have a problem. I think Dr.Phil should turn that tape over to the police.

May 12, 2008, 9:49 pm CDT

drugaddiction

i find Dr. Phil to be one of the most respected, influential person on t.v. today, I watch the show everyday, and even though i do not have young children to worry about, I do have 2 adult children that are drug addicts, i have been trying to save them for years, but i have found out through counseling , I cannot save them anylonger, they have to want to save themselves, my daughter is a heroine addict, and my son is a crack addict, unfortunatly they are paying their price for the choices they made, i am a mother heart broken, because, i know my husband and i raised our children to know right from wrong, i watched the show with the twin addicts, and it was as if i was seeing my daughter. I just wanted to write to say, Dr Phil, you are a wonderful person, because you help so many people, that have lost all hope. I pray that my children, someday will turn their lives around before it is too late.   a broken hearted mother.  

May 12, 2008, 11:17 pm CDT

05/13 Babysitter Gone Bad

This is one person that I would not want taking care of anyones child.This girl has alot of red flags. Parents before you place or child with any daycare or baby sitter do a back ground check and see if anything pops up.

I hope this girl gets the help that she needs, but I still think this tape should be handed over to the police because I think she should have child indangerment charges filed against her.

May 13, 2008, 6:39 am CDT

HEllO!

Dr. Phil and all others this Mother is killing me this show is hilarious . I wish Dr. phil would tell mom to wipe that grin off her face . got to finish wathching.

May 13, 2008, 7:17 am CDT

wrong!!!

this girl is your typical addict. she appears to be a victim at all turns and blames some unseen "devil" rather than accept responsibility for her own actions. as for shooting suboxone (she mentioned doing so at the beginning of the show) i can tell you personally that you CANNOT shoot this drug!! it is used to help opiate dependant people maintain sobriety. it is a sublingual tablet which means you let it disolve under your tongue. it must be taken this way. shooting this drug will cause immediate withdrawel and possibly send the person taking it to the ER. so i guess what i m trying to say here is this girl started out lying to Dr. Phil. i don't know what the doctor knows about suboxone but i have to tell you i was coming out of my skin when this girl shrugged of "shooting" suboxone! this is a drug that i am currently taking, not abusing and thanks to it and a healthy life plan and therapy i have been sober for over a year. i am offended when i hear of someone abusing this drug. it is for these reasons it has become so difficult to find a dr. willing to prescribe it and get the proper certification required to take on and keep patients such as myself. opiate dependancy is very ugly but it's very possible to live a life free of drugs and the vicious cycles addicts so often find themselves repeating. this young woman even seems to take pride as she tells dr. phil that while she can take it and not feel high he would be "knocked on his butt" if he took it...come on!!! i sure hope dr. phil makes this girl get real before the end of the episode. that is what i love so much about the good dr after all. He makes you give it to him straight but so far she seems to be getting away with being a victim and making light of a rather serious issue. as i close this post this girl is STILL laughing!!! why are these people sitting on that stage making light of this situation they are in??? the mother needs to be seperated from her daughter if she is to ever succeed, in my unprofessional opinion. she is an addict herself as well as an enabler.

May 13, 2008, 7:46 am CDT

I understand

I'm a recovering addict myself, and I completely understand when she says she's addicted to the needle.  It's hard for me to even get my blood drawn.  I just want to say to Stephanie that this is a disease you can beat.  It will be hard, but with the right tools, it can be done.  Don't give up on yourself.  The person you once were you can be again; but stronger.  No doubt you have made some bad choices, but your past doesn't have to dictate your future.  I remember when I first got clean, some days I would hurt so bad all I could do was lay in a fetal position, sweating, crying, my veins pulsating, and begging god to take me home.  I realized that was my body craving that poison.  The good news is that feeling doesn't last forever.  You will get through that, and those moments get fewer and farther in between.  With every time you overcome that you feel stronger and healthier.  When old memories come flooding back, you have to replace those thoughts.  It's not enough to push them away.  You must think of the positive things you've gained since being clean.  It doesn't have to be monumentous. Little things count too.  Stay strong.  You can do this.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last