Message Boards

Topic : 05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Number of Replies: 376
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with some opinionated guests who say they’re not judgmental; they just think they’re hot – and you’re not! Shenek says she doesn’t like ugly people, refuses to have unattractive friends, and will literally run away if an unappealing guy approaches her. She says ugly people are jealous and out to sabotage her. Her friend, Chad, says Shenek is beautiful, but her attitude makes her ugly. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Shenek! Then, meet a former beauty queen who says she’s repulsed by obese people and will go out of her way to avoid them. Michelle says when she sees a fat person eat, she becomes physically sick. What happens when Dr. Phil introduces her to Janine, a 343-pound woman who’s proud of her figure and tired of being looked down on? Next, meet two men who say they were banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they were too fat! And, a mother is at odds with her three daughters who she says are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Is it just a phase?  Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have a positive self image? Talk about it here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 12, 2008, 7:29 am CDT

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Quote From: pzuccarello

Before judging others,  look at your ways

Look at your past...then judge your own days.

Before critisizing others, think of what this can do.

It can put them on the defensive, to come right back on you.

Before holding a grudge, you should try and let it go.

We all make mistakes...including yourself, you know.

Remember: no one is perfect...not you, nor me.

And things aren't always what they appear to be.

Now, take a long and hard look at the writing on the wall:

If you can't think of something nice to say...

Don't say anything at all.

Page 17 of  "When the Lights Are On But Nobody's Home"

Awesome!!!  That is very good!!!!!!!  

May 12, 2008, 10:09 am CDT

time will take its toll............

To all people who focus too much on their looks:  Time is going to take its toll.  Whether you like it or not, whether you use all those cosmetics tricks available to stay young or not, you are going to get old, and that is a fact!  How are you going to handle things is your forties, fifiteis, sixties and beyond?  Like it or not, those numbers are coming.  So if your entire focus is on looks and you are obsessed with being the most attractive one in the room, you are in for a hard time someday.  Someday YOU will be the old one not being able to handle seeing the guys pass you by for the twenty-something chicks.  And if you are using your looks to manipulate people (and yes, there are plenty of guys willing to make fools of themselves by giving the pretty girl whatever she wants...and then being stupidly shocked to find out that she was just using them) the cutsey game won't work for too many years either.  Dumb men may fall for it, but eventually there will be another one just like you, but YOUNGER abnd CUTER, and you'll wonder what hit you in the face when the dumb men are fawning over her instead of you. when that act no longer works for you.  You may actually have to WORK to obtain things then.

Best thing to do is to not obsess so much on looks and to realize that while nature may have blessed you with prettiness, that it is for only a short period of time and will not outlast traits like intelligence, friendliness and kindness.  So work on developing yourself.  That is what you are going to need to count on throughout your life.

May 12, 2008, 2:04 pm CDT

Quote From: gwarrior6

If that's Shenek's picture, she doesn't look all that beautiful, IMO.  I look better!...seriously, half the people I know look better.  Probably a 4 at best, if she's willing to dish it out, she should be able to take it.

I'm sorry but she just looks average and I don't see anything that special about her.  I'm sure she's been turned down by men that WERE actually hot, and that probably started her campaign to be a low-class to validate herself by being "selective" and elitist, because she thinks that puts her on "the top shelf".  One day, her average looks will be gone and she'll be left with a crappy attitude and not much upstairs to redeem herself.  I've seen it before, and girls like that are a dime a dozen until one day they wake up and  realize they wasted their lives on petty, superficial crap and are now washed-up divorcees with no substance.

She needs to grow up and not be hung up on looks to be unable to interact with people.  If looks are the only thing that's important to her, then she's going to have a really boring life, because there's just so much more to it. 

Having seen previews for this show, I think Shenek is phyically attractive, with a nice smile. But, what an ugly attitude! If she doesn't lose the 'tude, it's going to fade her good looks faster than the hands of time.

May 12, 2008, 2:16 pm CDT

Quote From: 3boysrus

It is people like this that make this world a sad place to live.  People that go around thinking they are  so much better than everyone else and are beautiful need to take a long hard look in the mirror.  They may think people see beauty, but what  really is there is ugly.  I was always taught to never judge people for the way they look.  I have a genetic disease that has caused me to have disfiguring features.  It hurts on the inside to see the way people look and stare at me and I know what they are thinking.  But, I have my true family and friends that know me and do not care what is on the outside but what is on the inside and have told me they see me and don't even see my disfigurement.  You have to take what life gives you and I do not see what right anyone has to judge people because they got the raw end of the deal. There is the saying that "actions speak louder than words" well that can go for looks to.  You may be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you do not have the actions to go along with it then all the beauty in the world will not be able to hide the ugly.
Mrs Bob Jones III once wrote that she saw a beautiful model. Until she opened her mouth. And, all the bad language, and atitude, come pouring out. Then, in Mrs Jones' eyes, the model's long eyelashes shrunk down to ugly stumps. And, her flawless face became marred by blemishes.

May 12, 2008, 2:23 pm CDT

Quote From: ramair

Having seen previews for this show, I think Shenek is phyically attractive, with a nice smile. But, what an ugly attitude! If she doesn't lose the 'tude, it's going to fade her good looks faster than the hands of time.

You know, I have seen previews of the show and it does show Shenek's face, but I didn't realize till just now that I didn't really SEE her at all. I just HEARD what she said. ( I know I LOOKED at her, but can't remember what she looks like, although I can remember what she said.)

May 12, 2008, 2:31 pm CDT

Hot or not...

Quote From: ramair

Shenek needs to put her profile up on "hot or not" and see how she measures up.  Personally, I didn't think she was anything special with puffy cheeks and big hair- she just looked cheap to me, but to each their own.  I agree that her nasty attitude only compounds her ugliness.

May 12, 2008, 2:39 pm CDT

I don't get it....

Here's a question these types of people should ponder.  What exactly is the definition of  "Ugly"   Who are they to judge who's ugly and who's attractive.    Just something for these people to think about.

May 12, 2008, 2:47 pm CDT

Superficiality=Boredom

I found that superficial people are often just boring because they've rided their looks.  If you do have one of those rare moments where you do converse, they end up talking about themselves, all they need is a podium.  You can't talk about current events, politics, religion, anything you've recently read or projects you're working on, etc. 

You get a vacuous stare for your effort, not only because they have no idea what youre talking about, but they don't really care about what you have to say.  It's all about them and they can't benefit from other people at all except to compare themselves to the heroin addict models and wish they could be that thin.  Really, what a waste of space. 

May 12, 2008, 4:33 pm CDT

Beauty

People always think that it is a cliche saying "true beauty comes from with-in" and they dismiss it.

When I was in about middle school, there was this senior homecoming queen in our little town in North GA - blonde silky hair - just real outward beauty - but  in truth from middle school on I have seen numerous beauty queens and don't even remember their names and they were truly just as beautiful but this girl was just un-forgetable and even though I am a 40 year old now - I still remember her name - why?  because she treated us younger girls ( who just thought she was a princess or something) with kindness, took time to speak to us even though we were probally annoying her to death, and she had a sweet spirit  that you could literally see in her - Now I don't know about you but that is the kind of beauty these girls should long to have because the outward fades and really is forgetable and replaceable - the really kind, sweet, beauty with substance never fades but then they are not the ones on Dr Phil either - you are - because they have grace and tact, and thats something you can' t buy or mold -     if I can't be beautiful like that then i will just stay ugly - love is much more important in the scheme of it all 

May 13, 2008, 1:54 am CDT

More like hot air

These two are a disgrace to women on a global level.

Shrek is average looking and Blondie has a double chin happening.

Neither are sizes 4 or 6.

Neither would get a second glance from George Clooney or Denzel Washington.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of infamy.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last