Message Boards

Topic : 05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Number of Replies: 376
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with some opinionated guests who say they’re not judgmental; they just think they’re hot – and you’re not! Shenek says she doesn’t like ugly people, refuses to have unattractive friends, and will literally run away if an unappealing guy approaches her. She says ugly people are jealous and out to sabotage her. Her friend, Chad, says Shenek is beautiful, but her attitude makes her ugly. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Shenek! Then, meet a former beauty queen who says she’s repulsed by obese people and will go out of her way to avoid them. Michelle says when she sees a fat person eat, she becomes physically sick. What happens when Dr. Phil introduces her to Janine, a 343-pound woman who’s proud of her figure and tired of being looked down on? Next, meet two men who say they were banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they were too fat! And, a mother is at odds with her three daughters who she says are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Is it just a phase?  Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have a positive self image? Talk about it here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 13, 2008, 4:36 am CDT

Who's hot?

Think I'll be doing something else (hopefully valuable) during this show.  These girls are not interesting enough to waste 60 seconds, much less an hour.  Very average women, who like the mythical Narcissus, fell in love with a distorted reflection.  Sad, wasted lives.  Fifty  years from now, Shenek will be a wrinkled bitter old woman and nobody will even remember she exists.  Mother Teresa was no "looker", but 100 years from now, she will be remembered. 

May 13, 2008, 7:28 am CDT

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Quote From: sharonb42

Think I'll be doing something else (hopefully valuable) during this show.  These girls are not interesting enough to waste 60 seconds, much less an hour.  Very average women, who like the mythical Narcissus, fell in love with a distorted reflection.  Sad, wasted lives.  Fifty  years from now, Shenek will be a wrinkled bitter old woman and nobody will even remember she exists.  Mother Teresa was no "looker", but 100 years from now, she will be remembered. 

that is so very true

May 13, 2008, 7:40 am CDT

one dimensional

Quote From: sharonb42

I agree that people who focus only on looks will end up bitter in later years when their looks fade away. The reason is because they do not focus on developing their personalities and interests, so what is going to be left when the looks inevitably do fade away?  But these girls obviously are not able to look ahead, and are only focused on the here and now, and time will pass quickly enough. 

May 13, 2008, 11:25 am CDT

Have fun watching the show :-)

Hello everyone!!

Have fun watching the show, because I sure had fun taping it!

Aloha,

Janine

May 13, 2008, 1:38 pm CDT

Friggin' A!

Quote From: karen1961

These two are a disgrace to women on a global level.

Shrek is average looking and Blondie has a double chin happening.

Neither are sizes 4 or 6.

Neither would get a second glance from George Clooney or Denzel Washington.

Enjoy your 15 minutes of infamy.

Amen!

Glad other people see that they're full of bull.  They think self promotion makes them pretty, but you know looks do play a part, and neither one of them even look "pretty". 

May 13, 2008, 4:03 pm CDT

Tragic

Quote From: gwarrior6

Amen!

Glad other people see that they're full of bull.  They think self promotion makes them pretty, but you know looks do play a part, and neither one of them even look "pretty". 

This is so tragic, their lives have to be full of emptyness!! So beauty minded, earthly no good!

I do believe that both of them try to hide a very, very sad heart, issues that they did not dealt with or know how to deal with. This is a cover they are living for their real self.

Renschi Weideman
South Africa

May 14, 2008, 5:02 am CDT

I'm Hot, You're Not

I have only read the transcripts of this show and saw the previews.  These are some of the most shallow people I have ever seen.  I had a "friend" once who said that when I was fat, her husband would not have let her be friends with me.  I just looked at her and asked if she was serious.  She said "yes, he doesn't like fat people".  We were in a restaurant - having come in separate cars.  I just got up and said "then he won't like me now, because I'm no different than I was before" and I left.  Didn't care to have someone in my life like that.  I have a sister who has been critical of me all of my life because of my weight - but I've been married almost 50 years, very happily, and she's been in and out of marriages all her life - she hates life and herself, but has set herself up as judge and jury of the world.  Over the years, she has made some of the most hurtful comments imagineable.  My mother thinks I should "forgive and forget" - it's okay for her to do that, but it's not okay for me to walk away.  People like this are toxic and not good to be around.  These people are the kind that I would run from - they are very self-serving and very sad people - they only think of themselves.  Intentionally hurting someone else because of how they look is just an unspeakable character trait and to get on stage and be proud of it is just something I can't even imagine.  I will watch the show, just to see how Dr. Phil actually interacts with them - hard to do that in written transcript.  I can only hope that after seeing themselves on TV they will see what shallow, insecure and unhappy people they really are - they are only fooling themselves.  If Shenek was as beautiful as she thinks, she wouldn't have to "quit" dating to pull it together - she's only to be pitied.  As for Michelle, I've been around people like her and really wouldn't want someone like that in my circle - they are destructive, hurtful, vengeful and don't need to be in my circle of friends.  My friends like me for what's on the inside and if the outside isn't perfect, so be it - I am who God made me and I'm not ashamed of who or what I am.

May 14, 2008, 5:30 am CDT

Decided Not to Watch

Quote From: 3boysrus

It is people like this that make this world a sad place to live.  People that go around thinking they are  so much better than everyone else and are beautiful need to take a long hard look in the mirror.  They may think people see beauty, but what  really is there is ugly.  I was always taught to never judge people for the way they look.  I have a genetic disease that has caused me to have disfiguring features.  It hurts on the inside to see the way people look and stare at me and I know what they are thinking.  But, I have my true family and friends that know me and do not care what is on the outside but what is on the inside and have told me they see me and don't even see my disfigurement.  You have to take what life gives you and I do not see what right anyone has to judge people because they got the raw end of the deal. There is the saying that "actions speak louder than words" well that can go for looks to.  You may be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you do not have the actions to go along with it then all the beauty in the world will not be able to hide the ugly.

I decided today that  I was not going to watch the show this afternoon after reading my devotion for today. Why give it my time.  Psalm 139:13-14  says,"You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that ful well."  God made me, he made you, he made everyone. He gave people their gifts, abilities, and talents.  I may not have been blessed with "Miss America"  looks in the worlds eyes, however, I have my smile and when I use it people do not see a fake. "I am what I am."  Beauty will always be in the eyes of the beholder. I wonder if Shenek would be willing to reappear on the show so we could all see the real Shenek without makeup and without a $$$$ hairstyle.

I pray that Shenek's life will have no tragedies that will alter her appearance.  But, mostly I pray that she will alter her own "appearance."

May 14, 2008, 6:12 am CDT

05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

These gals are truely the saddest  women around, that they need to put others down to bring themself up!!! its like racism,  The poor white man needing to feel above someone, and placing the black man there no matter the standing the black man has.

these women must have that same need, for some reason they truly feel ugly inside and need to feel above someone and here is where their hate lays....

when they speak they become   the lowest of the low, and what they fear the most, people seeing them as they see other people.

May 14, 2008, 6:28 am CDT

POSITIVE SELF-IMAGE?

Usually when someone is so obsessed with judging others, it's because it's a reflection of how they really feel about themselves. Women who constantly make harsh judgements are just covering up their low self esteem. There could be a lot of missed opprtunities to have great friendships and relationships with people who don't meet her "standard".

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last