Message Boards

Topic : 05/14 "I'm Hot, You're Not"

Number of Replies: 376
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:56:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil speaks with some opinionated guests who say they’re not judgmental; they just think they’re hot – and you’re not! Shenek says she doesn’t like ugly people, refuses to have unattractive friends, and will literally run away if an unappealing guy approaches her. She says ugly people are jealous and out to sabotage her. Her friend, Chad, says Shenek is beautiful, but her attitude makes her ugly. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Shenek! Then, meet a former beauty queen who says she’s repulsed by obese people and will go out of her way to avoid them. Michelle says when she sees a fat person eat, she becomes physically sick. What happens when Dr. Phil introduces her to Janine, a 343-pound woman who’s proud of her figure and tired of being looked down on? Next, meet two men who say they were banned from an all-you-can-eat restaurant because they were too fat! And, a mother is at odds with her three daughters who she says are becoming obsessed with their appearance. Is it just a phase?  Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

Do you have a positive self image? Talk about it here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 10, 2008, 8:13 am CDT

Look in the mirror

It is people like this that make this world a sad place to live.  People that go around thinking they are  so much better than everyone else and are beautiful need to take a long hard look in the mirror.  They may think people see beauty, but what  really is there is ugly.  I was always taught to never judge people for the way they look.  I have a genetic disease that has caused me to have disfiguring features.  It hurts on the inside to see the way people look and stare at me and I know what they are thinking.  But, I have my true family and friends that know me and do not care what is on the outside but what is on the inside and have told me they see me and don't even see my disfigurement.  You have to take what life gives you and I do not see what right anyone has to judge people because they got the raw end of the deal. There is the saying that "actions speak louder than words" well that can go for looks to.  You may be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you do not have the actions to go along with it then all the beauty in the world will not be able to hide the ugly.

May 10, 2008, 11:10 am CDT

Sub -Class

I am so tired of these self infatuated people! Obviously they have a psychological problem that makes them feel they need to be superior to everyone else. These shallow people have no room in my world and I imagine most people's world. Can they do brain surgery? Can they devise a flight plan for spacecraft? Can they write a book? Can they feel? I thought not. Crawl back under your beautiful rock. WE dont need or want you.

May 10, 2008, 11:40 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Am Are Doctor Hot I Not Phil Your. I donot understand that Doctor Phil. If hum a few bar then I will know.-----

See you on Wednesday May 14th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------------  

May 10, 2008, 12:00 pm CDT

Get Real

Let's see if someone on stage or in the audience has the nerve to tell her she is pretty ugly herself.

May 10, 2008, 2:22 pm CDT

psych 101

Those who project these narcissistic tendencies actually fear not measuring up themselves, they also are pointing at others to distract from something they don't like or fear about themselves. A good mirror and some well placed words should prove to be a wake up call.  Low self esteem within one's self is a nasty place to be within yourself- they put others down to bring themselves up...sad.. They point at others to reassure themselves they are all that and a bag of chips, the problem is...having this kind of attitude is what under-minds real self worth. It's a vicious cycle. After all it's whats inside that counts...   

May 10, 2008, 2:24 pm CDT

Well put :)

Quote From: 3boysrus

It is people like this that make this world a sad place to live.  People that go around thinking they are  so much better than everyone else and are beautiful need to take a long hard look in the mirror.  They may think people see beauty, but what  really is there is ugly.  I was always taught to never judge people for the way they look.  I have a genetic disease that has caused me to have disfiguring features.  It hurts on the inside to see the way people look and stare at me and I know what they are thinking.  But, I have my true family and friends that know me and do not care what is on the outside but what is on the inside and have told me they see me and don't even see my disfigurement.  You have to take what life gives you and I do not see what right anyone has to judge people because they got the raw end of the deal. There is the saying that "actions speak louder than words" well that can go for looks to.  You may be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you do not have the actions to go along with it then all the beauty in the world will not be able to hide the ugly.

May 10, 2008, 3:07 pm CDT

When you look at yourself, actually look at yourself

Beauty comes from within more than from without. You can dress yourself up and put on make up to show your facial features, but if you are in the judgement mode of others than you are not truly looking at yourself.  I would not consider that beauty. I know that Dr. Phil will enlighten you to your misunderstanding of the word. The only thing I can do from many miles away is send the universal love to you and hope you have a better understanding of beauty in the future. Try to have an open mind and you will see beauty in others whomever they may be

May 10, 2008, 3:29 pm CDT

RE: I'm Hot, Your'e Not

I used to be a "hottie" until I got old and fat! It was an ego thing. I hung around with girls whom I didn't find as attractive as myself so I would be the "good looking" one of the bunch. Unfortunately, my BFF was a long-haired, blue-eyed blond and I was a long-haired, brown-eyed brunette. Now that I'm in my 50s and have gained 70# I don't feel so "hot" and I don't look hot. Ladies - heads up! "Beauty IS only skin deep". You can diet, exercise and take as much care of yourself now as you can handle but gravity does kick you in the butt sooner or later and your face will sag, as will your butt and boobs! Your eyelids will close so your eyeballs won't be as big, your feet may grow, your fingers and toes may curl (due to arthritis). You may gain weight. Let nature take its course and age gracefully. We can't all afford plastic surgery......then again, who wants to be sustained on PLASTIC? Get old. Get fat. Get over yourself! Inside, where it counts, we are all "beautiful people". We're just packaged in different wrappings.

May 10, 2008, 7:08 pm CDT

Shenek is such a fake.

I feel sorry for Shenek, I bet her attitude is keeping her from meeting some wonderful people. Looks are not everything, it's what's inside that really counts. When she runs from what she calls unappealing men, she just might be running from Mr. Right. It is silly think all "ugly" people are trying to sabotage her and are jealous of her, I have never given her a first thought until I read about her in your news letter. Tell her to get REAL!!!! THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND HER ALONE.

Pielady

May 10, 2008, 7:50 pm CDT

I'm hot you are not

Quote From: 3boysrus

Very well said! They are so full of themselves in self importance they fail to understand that outer beauty is doomed to fade with time, while inner beaty will always endure.   

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last