Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 19, 2008, 8:44 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: suzangm

I didn't want to interrupt the discussion that was going on, so I waited until it's conclusion. If you don't mind I would like to offer some idea's.

You didn't say if this happened all in one night, or over time.. I am guessing as I re read your post that different things happen over time, as you mentioned I think 9 years worth of oddities.

I do not mean to discount your claim, but offering to look at this logically.

You say it was just you and your husband. Do either of you have an angry ex? Do you have children? How is your relationship with neighbors? Do you have pets? Do you have a doggy door? Do you live near open spaces where a raccoon could have came in. Who else has a key to your house? I would think setting up a camera might yield evidence as to who is behind it. It very well could be a series of occurrences by different factors. The last poster was right on to suggest these to you...unless of course your getting a kick out of entertaining the thought of an entity.

Set up a camera, they are relatively inexpensive.

Finally another reasonable  person!  Thank you.  Your post was a breath of fresh air.

Cameras.  You can get one at Wal-Mart.  Cheap even.  It's so simple.  ;)

May 19, 2008, 8:57 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: logicandreason

Finally another reasonable  person!  Thank you.  Your post was a breath of fresh air.

Cameras.  You can get one at Wal-Mart.  Cheap even.  It's so simple.  ;)

;)

May 19, 2008, 9:40 pm CDT

psychic dramas Susan

Actually, my thinking is very believable because in order to believe something with an exaggerated claim (such as the ones made by those that believe in the supernatural) I first have to have proof.  For me proof= belief.  You, however, have no proof and yet you believe.  That actually makes your beliefs the ones that are unbelievable!!

There is no reaching me??  Without verifiable proof, no there isn't.  Let's say, for example that I went around believing everyone that told me that they had a tiny purple elephant in their left pocket, yet no one could produce proof.  That wouldn't be very smart would it?  Yet if someone could pull out a tiny purple elephant from their left pocket, I could be 'reached' because they would have provided me with verifiable proof. 

I am frustrating?  Wow, that's a reach!  You and others that believe in supernatural phenomena make claims that are 100 % unproven and unverifiable and cling to these beliefs in the face of  complete scientific certainty that these things can not possibly be true and I'm frustrating?? Ha, ha!!  Uhhh...yeah.

As far as you hoping I have an experience very soon, I have experiences every single day.  Real, verifiable experiences that can be replicated and proven.  They are not supernatural experiences, however, because the supernatural is simple fallacy.

As a side note on several occasions as a kid I 'heard' my name called in my home when I was the only one around.  Even as a kid I wasnt gullible enough to think it was a ghost or spirit!!  Through medical and scientific research in college I learned about how the brain can misfire and produce spontaneous memories that seem so real that they are or could nearly be called an auditory hallucination.  And there you have it.  I was so used to having my name called by my mother on a consistent basis that my brain simply reproduced that memory for some reason.  It doesn't mean that anything was wrong with me, it just sometimes happens.  Had I been gullible I would have filled in that gap of not having an explanation for the phenomena with saying it was a ghost, a spirit, an angel, a god..ect.  Instead, I reserved judgment and was discerning, even though I had no immediate explanation and with research and education I finally found the answer, or at least something that makes sense considering that the human brain has been probed with electrical currents that have replicated similar experiences under laboratory conditions.

Amazing how far a little discernment and research can take you isn't it?

If you do not want to engage me in conversation again then simply don't.  It says a lot, however, that you are so completely unwilling to have your beliefs even slightly challenged by a total stranger that you decide that person is 'frustrating' and not worth your time.  Perhaps what is frustrating to you is that I am not one of the people that will sit here and nod in quiet agreement at the utter nonsense of believing the completely unproven. 

No logic the frustrating thing with you is that you try to make the person imparting information to be either crazy, sick, or lying.

My proof is myself, what I saw heard, and felt.  Others have visited my home and experienced other world y things.  Are you trying to say we are all crazy and these are figments of our imagination?

Get real,  another words only what you experience is truth.

May 19, 2008, 9:47 pm CDT

psychic dramas Susan

;)

Susan, I believe I answered all the obvious questions to eliminate anyone else doing was was going on the the home.  No there were no other people, no kids, no neighbors with a key no doggy door, etc etc.

How do you explain this...One night my husband and I were down in the den when we once again heard overhead noises, I went up to check, and there on our bed were outfits for both of us placed on the respective side of the bed that we each slept on.  they had been taken out of the closet still on their hangers and laid there.  No one in the house both of us awake.  Please explain the logic.

Yes this went on for nine years.  Not every year, I then realized it was a female that was earth bound

and there had been a baby involved that had not be acknowledged,  once I figured out the truth and asked to to go to the light, she finally left.

May 19, 2008, 10:19 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: picalina

No logic the frustrating thing with you is that you try to make the person imparting information to be either crazy, sick, or lying.

My proof is myself, what I saw heard, and felt.  Others have visited my home and experienced other world y things.  Are you trying to say we are all crazy and these are figments of our imagination?

I never said any of those things... I said to get a camera!

You came asking what to do... my opinion that is what you should do..

If you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's an entity, then why ask what to do???

I never said in any post...that I don't believe in entities...as a matter of fact I do!

I believe their are higher powers...I also believe in the after life, but..unlike most on "this" board, I believe that if their are spirits here, they are not "lost loved ones" but rather... bad things taking on resemblances of those that have passed. I personally do not believe in human spirits roaming the earth, why? The bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

The last person who talked to you..does not believe in any entities at all! and she made that clear. I at least believe! I just don't believe we should be messing with them...as the bible instructs.

In your case however, I would get a camera.

I am not saying that I would even know how an evil entity would act, but lets go with that for a second.

If per say... something was evil..and had all that free time to cause havoc, I don't think it would waste it's time on tree's, or wine glasses... I think it would influence people to be immoral, to break God's rules, or it would lead people astray... I believe evil is cunning...and silent. It uses trickery...deceit. 

... trying to reason with you..

In my faith.. the answer you want may be in the bible. Outside of my faith...get a camera.

May 19, 2008, 10:21 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Interesting that you chose to think that I called you or anyone else here crazy.  I absolutely never said that.  In fact, what I did say was that it could very well have been a hallucination and that many things can cause that.  Repeatedly I've said that a simple misfiring of neurons in the brain can cause hallucinations.  You must have either missed that or are trying to purposefully twist what I have said.  Perhaps you didn't read or comprehend what I wrote.  That, too, is a possibility.

Sick or lying, yes I did say that.  And I stand by it.  No matter how indignant you would like to become, I stand by it.  It is an independently attestable medical fact that sickness can cause one to experience things which seem real or are not true.  It is not an independently attestable fact that anything supernatural occurs.

So now you say that others have visited your home and have experienced these things first hand?  Did it ever occur to you that people who believe similar things tend to flock together and that these people may just tend to think the way that you do and are using the same thought processes as you are to interpret these experiences? 

As far as me getting 'real', I personally I know no other way to be and I think I've made it crystal clear that my experiences are not the only ones that I count as valid since I have repeatedly relayed to you that as long as it is independently verifiable and proven then I accept any experience as valid.

As far as your proof being yourself and what you have heard and felt, that is called circular reasoning.  You can not use a source to prove a source. 

Are you always this defensive when challenged instead of just accepting that you have been challenged and discussing the matter reasonably?  It seems to me that you only accept what you experience as true and are closed to the possibility that there could (and are) perfectly rational explanations that have nothing to do with invisible forces.

It also seems tome that you just simply want to believe that mythological, invisible, unprovable, things happen in your home.  Maybe you like the drama and attention.  Maybe you like being scared.  You certainly do not seem to like reason.

May 19, 2008, 10:28 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Susan, I believe I answered all the obvious questions to eliminate anyone else doing was was going on the the home.  No there were no other people, no kids, no neighbors with a key no doggy door, etc etc.

How do you explain this...One night my husband and I were down in the den when we once again heard overhead noises, I went up to check, and there on our bed were outfits for both of us placed on the respective side of the bed that we each slept on.  they had been taken out of the closet still on their hangers and laid there.  No one in the house both of us awake.  Please explain the logic.

Yes this went on for nine years.  Not every year, I then realized it was a female that was earth bound

and there had been a baby involved that had not be acknowledged,  once I figured out the truth and asked to to go to the light, she finally left.

I know that this was not directed at me, but I am going to respond to  it anyway. 

When you claim something the burden of proof is on you, not the person you are talking to, so actually no one else has to prove that what you are saying is logical, you have to prove that.  So far you haven't.  You've realted a lot of personal experiences, but once again, the arguement from personal experience proves nothing.

What you have proven is that you really, really want to believe that these things you claim happened have no natural cause.  If most people were truly as frustrated as you seem to be with having 'supernatural' events happen in their home, they would have called in the media to show the whole world these events.  To each their own, but becoming unhinged when people do not believe in the supernatural as you do is just plain unreasonable and childish.

May 19, 2008, 11:03 pm CDT

psychic dramas LOGIC

I know that this was not directed at me, but I am going to respond to  it anyway. 

When you claim something the burden of proof is on you, not the person you are talking to, so actually no one else has to prove that what you are saying is logical, you have to prove that.  So far you haven't.  You've realted a lot of personal experiences, but once again, the arguement from personal experience proves nothing.

What you have proven is that you really, really want to believe that these things you claim happened have no natural cause.  If most people were truly as frustrated as you seem to be with having 'supernatural' events happen in their home, they would have called in the media to show the whole world these events.  To each their own, but becoming unhinged when people do not believe in the supernatural as you do is just plain unreasonable and childish.

Logic, at that time the media was not as accessible as now, this was back in 1973 we were very busy with our own business, and didn't even think of contacting anyone at that time. We just accepted what was going on, and also our close friends were there to support that which was happening.\

You are getting to be a bore with your constant arguments to what i know was the FACTUAL TRUTH,

and I am not here to prove to you anything.

So go crazy make someone else.

this is the end of my addressing you.

May 19, 2008, 11:20 pm CDT

If I may....

Let me tell you a story.. that happened to my daughter...

about 10 years ago, she and her husband rented a house. At odd times the door bell would ring, they thought it was a prank.

So one night, my son in law decided to sit and wait within the house..to catch the kid that was doing it. And finally, it rang..he looked out, and there was no one there... and it did it again "while" he was watching.. they fled the house, and came to mine. I went over, and walked up to the door...it was drizzling out, and as I stood there... a drop of water...trickled down, and went inside the cracked button, creating a bridge with one water droplet..letting current flow...and the bell rang.

They were relieved..but for awhile, the house was haunted, wasn't it?  

May 19, 2008, 11:24 pm CDT

psychic dramas Susan

I never said any of those things... I said to get a camera!

You came asking what to do... my opinion that is what you should do..

If you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's an entity, then why ask what to do???

I never said in any post...that I don't believe in entities...as a matter of fact I do!

I believe their are higher powers...I also believe in the after life, but..unlike most on "this" board, I believe that if their are spirits here, they are not "lost loved ones" but rather... bad things taking on resemblances of those that have passed. I personally do not believe in human spirits roaming the earth, why? The bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

The last person who talked to you..does not believe in any entities at all! and she made that clear. I at least believe! I just don't believe we should be messing with them...as the bible instructs.

In your case however, I would get a camera.

I am not saying that I would even know how an evil entity would act, but lets go with that for a second.

If per say... something was evil..and had all that free time to cause havoc, I don't think it would waste it's time on tree's, or wine glasses... I think it would influence people to be immoral, to break God's rules, or it would lead people astray... I believe evil is cunning...and silent. It uses trickery...deceit. 

... trying to reason with you..

In my faith.. the answer you want may be in the bible. Outside of my faith...get a camera.

Sorry Susan, if you will notice the post is headed to LOGIC, I mistakenly posted it to you.

I don't remember ever saying that I needed help. This happened back in 1973  .

Speaking of the bible perhaps you may be interested in checking this site out it is from a man that used to be a minister.  it is  Beyond Religion.com

Very interesting site.

I did take pictures by the way.

First | Prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last