Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2008, 1:55 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: suzangm

I agree. Well put!
It doesn't matter if you believe in ghosts or not.  Van Praagh is FISHING: He makes guesses...when they are wrong he makes it look like the person just couldn't find the connection.  When he finds a hit he plays it up.  Watch for it and you will see it.

May 15, 2008, 1:56 pm CDT

psychic dramasand dr phil

Quote From: memphismaggie

I am an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show. One of the main reasons is that Dr. Phil is so "normal", down-to-earth, and sensible. Common sense rules on the show and he never lets anything get out of hand. Unlike some other talk shows that have become like three-ring circuses of dysfunctional people going out of control for entertainment value, I've always looked on this show as one that addresses everyday, real problems that people can relate to and learn from.  Resorting to the paranormal and psychics seems rather like sensationalism and I feel disappointed with Dr. Phil. I just hpe this isn't a sign of things to come. Just had to state my opinion.      Respectfully, D.

this a very real, very "normal" concern of many people. as you can see from this message board, a lot of people believe in spirits and communincating with the dead, etc. some people are very controlled by their faith in psychics,like the woman on the show who son't apply for a job if a psychic says to wait "till february," etc. clearly, this is a topic drphil was wise to cover.

May 15, 2008, 1:58 pm CDT

I Believe

I actually had a ghost in my home.  The man who had owned my home prior to me had committed suicide and we had all kinds of strange occurances.  My doorbell would ring by itself in the middle of the night, my childrens noisemaking toys would sound in the middle of the night, such as bubble blowers and toy fire engines, talking teddy bears.  We also had flies on our windows just like in the Amityville horror.  My friend took a picture of herself and me to a seer from Ireland to have a reading done on herself, and he told her that I had issues with my house and if I didn't take care of it soon, it would only get worse.  He came to my home, free of charge, and did whatever he did, and we never had another incident.  He also told me to burn sage throughout my house and around the perimeter of my house to cleanse the atmosphere.  Unless you've experienced something like I did, it is easy to be skepitical, but I will never be a skeptic again.

May 15, 2008, 1:58 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: toniecw

Dear Buyer Beware:

Yes, I have found those individuals that are not evolved psychics and do pretend to be such...so I agree, Buyer beware...

As for the part about charging for the services...I have given my messages free to all my family and friends for years...(I am now 56 years old)

What I have learned from doing this...is that the believable status of a gift given freely is that my family and friends, find the information given them by psychics that they pay money too, more believable than what I have given them, even if it is the same messages as the psychics...there is something about this cost thing that makes it more real to them...I can't explain it...I have just had to deal with it...

"Friends and Family Members are the hardest eggs you will ever have to crack open."

I also agree that lots of psychics have to make a living as well...

Enough for now...I will be back later.

Be Blessed

Love, Light and Peace

Tonie

Tonie, it's great that you have this gift!

I am a "sensitive", but not to the point where I can "see" anyone who's crossed.

By the way....can you get impressions like John Edward does even when you are not with the person you are reading? I would love to hear from my brother.......anything?

May 15, 2008, 2:00 pm CDT

What does the Bible say?

I do not want  to be  insensitive to this subject,  but  I've seen  on this show before that Dr. Phil  reads the Bible. I'm not exactly sure if he believes it or not...but these ghosts are just diguises that satan uses to confuse, scare, and redirect us from God. The bible says that Satan can come in the form of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14) If you are having problems with weird things or ghosts...Jesus Christ is the answer! Once Christ dwells inside you, He has given you power over satan and his armies! (Colossians 2:10 "you have been given fullness in Christ who is the head over every power and authority.")

May 15, 2008, 2:02 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: macgyverfan

It is written:  The dead know not anything...

Evil spirits, however, remember everything. They don't like the name of Jesus ; it really bugs them!

Highest level spiritualists are quite frank about their powers. They worship Satan, and understand his regimentation. There are 3 groups of fallen angels:

1) "friendly spirits are of great intellect who have the ability to impersonate  the dead. One of their greatest delights is in appearing as the supposed spirits of departed loved ones. They perpetuate the old errors that have worked for Satan for so long.  Today's show goes here.......

2)The warriers concentrate on sowing discord in families and create misunderstandings between friends, relatives and neighbors. They love to create friction, and the best ones are assigned to cause outright war. among nations.

3)The oppressors are a unique group  in that their only  delight is to cause misery and destruction among the human race.  Hating the Creator bitterly, the way they get even is to wreck the lives of those created in His image.

Jesus already kicked Satan's ass to the curb.  Once you know this, so can you!

Satan's deceptions are astoundingly and astonishingly.....BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!

Well this I just fine plain funny!  You had me ROFLMAO!

Christians spend waaay too much time not only talking about satan but giving this deity a whole lot of un-necessary attetnion. It's almost as if you guys actually worship him since you talk about him so much!

May 15, 2008, 2:07 pm CDT

mercedes

i'm surprised that there isnt moreconcern for mercedes shown on these boards though i admit i havent read every post. she is clearly avictim of unscupulous quacks! but also, i think, ofherown anxieties. she lives in fear of making a move unless she knows -- or thinks she knows -- exactly what will happen beforehand. she won't take a chance on anything without a psychic's seal of approval. she doesnt need apsychic -- she needs a therapist.

May 15, 2008, 2:12 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: suzangm

That's called discernment! Awesome!
I think God uses dreams, too. I once dreampt I was driving three Black children to the AWANA club. You've probably heard of it. A lot of churches of all demoninations use this children's mininistry. And, my friend, mentioned in my last post, wondered if my dream meant that we should "recruit" Black children. But, I never felt led to do that. God had other plans. "Aurelia" was one of her husband's dental patients. He invited her. But, when I went to pick her up, she couldn't go. Some confusion about the date. But, I noticed two eight-year-old girls, one Black, the other White, playing. They noticed my AWANA uniform. Asked my about it. And, wanted to come. So, I got their parent's permission. And, took them to the AWANA club. Eventually, I ended up with ten Black kids in my 1980 Toyota Corolla. Two in the front passenger seat. Four in the back. And, four more in the open hatch-back. A friend, whose husband drove the church bus, was appalled. "If you get rear-ended, all those kids will get killed!" "Is there room in the bus?" I asked. "There is," she said. "There's room in my car, too," my friend said. So, I was down to three passengers. Just like in my dream!

May 15, 2008, 2:12 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: abbymorf

If you believe in the Bible, it is clear in Acts 16:16-34. Paul and Silas were put in prison because they cast the Demon out of a slave girl who was a psychic, and her masters could no longer make money off of her. Angels and Demons are real--which takes less of an open mind to believe than to believe in a psychic. I believe that these people are being used by demonic forces to draw people away from God. Now hear me, I am NOT saying that these people are evil or demonic, but I feel they are being told their "powers" by demonic spirits, and I also believe that the "psychic" people are completely unaware of the spirits. Think of it, why would they want the person to know? Who in their right mind would want to listen to a demonic spirit? They disguise it as something wonderful for this person to possess. In a way, the psychic is a victim. They are pulled away and used to pull others away from God.
 I totally agree. Satan comes in the form of light. It is sad to see how many people are messed up into thinking all this stuff. The bible is the Rock of answers. Jesus Christ has power over all authority and Powers! (Colossians 2:10)

May 15, 2008, 2:15 pm CDT

What the Bible Says

Quote From: marynellr

FIrst of all, I respect everyone's right to their beliefs. That said, I know Dr. Phil is a believer in God, which means a Christian. It upsets me that this type of show talking to the "dead" would even be done. If you are a Christian, even if you're not, read the Bible. Lev. 19:31 says, "Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God." Here it says we are not to familiarize ourselves with spirits who are wicked angels pretending they are dead loved ones. Neither are we to seek after spirit mediums for this is of the devil. A study Many people believe that a soul is something that God put into man. Or that a soul can live apart from the body. Lots of us have been brought up to believe that when God made man He put a living soul into us, but that is a paganistic idea and not biblical. To better understand what a soul is and how man was made and what he is, study the creation of the first man and note carefully what God did. Genesis 2:7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man BECAME a living soul." Notice carefully that God did not put a soul into man. Rather, man became a living soul when the body and breath were put together. What the Bible says about death is very interesting, also. I don't mean to preach or disrepect anyone. Again, I respect that everyone has their right to their beliefs, it's just upsetting to me to see someone who is a Christian not understand where spiritualism comes from and what the Bible has to say about it.

Thanks so much for posting this information!

I, too, was surprised about Dr. Phil's coverage about this topic.  But what surprised me was that he didn't provide the Biblical/Christian point of view at all!

The Bible has a lot to say about psychics/mediums, what happens after death, ghosts, hauntings, etc.

For example, we are NOT IMMORTAL (until Jesus' second coming, when He will change the saved people from being mortal to immortal), we do NOT have an IMMORTAL SOUL, we don't go to heaven or hell until Jesus' second coming (all the dead are sleeping with no knowledge of what's happening on Earth or feeling the passing of time), any ghostly phenomena are very real but are Satan's evil spirits portraying the dead to support Satan's lie that we are immortal, etc.

For those interested in what the Bible has to say about this topic, a good place to start is at www.truthaboutdeath.com.  Check it out! 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last