Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2008, 2:20 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: justgobarefoot

I do not want  to be  insensitive to this subject,  but  I've seen  on this show before that Dr. Phil  reads the Bible. I'm not exactly sure if he believes it or not...but these ghosts are just diguises that satan uses to confuse, scare, and redirect us from God. The bible says that Satan can come in the form of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14) If you are having problems with weird things or ghosts...Jesus Christ is the answer! Once Christ dwells inside you, He has given you power over satan and his armies! (Colossians 2:10 "you have been given fullness in Christ who is the head over every power and authority.")
I know Dr Phil doesn't agree with everything in the Bible, such as its passages on homosexuality, but he claims to believe it. I believe the Bible. And, because of what it says about spirits, don't mess with the occult. I sometimes dream about my late parents. But, I wouldn't dare try to contact them. Until I'm dead, too! Then, I'll know it's really them!

May 15, 2008, 2:21 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: foxyred

i am filling thing that i do not under stand what is going on with me and the gosts that i am filling here with me. i have beeb filling things like this from the time i was a lillte kid. so what realy can i do?

If you're having problems with this....Jesus Christ is the answer! Once Jesus dwells inside you....you have power over all of Satan's armies and power (all those 'ghosts' and weird stuff are just satan trying to confuse and scare you.) Asking Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior is a step that will change your life. Once you decide to do that...He dwells inside you and you have complete power of that wierd stuff. You can tell them to leave in the name of Christ! Colossians 2:10 says 'and you have been given fullness in Christ who has power over all authority and powers.' What a victory!

May 15, 2008, 2:23 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: macgyverfan

It is written:  The dead know not anything...

Evil spirits, however, remember everything. They don't like the name of Jesus ; it really bugs them!

Highest level spiritualists are quite frank about their powers. They worship Satan, and understand his regimentation. There are 3 groups of fallen angels:

1) "friendly spirits are of great intellect who have the ability to impersonate  the dead. One of their greatest delights is in appearing as the supposed spirits of departed loved ones. They perpetuate the old errors that have worked for Satan for so long.  Today's show goes here.......

2)The warriers concentrate on sowing discord in families and create misunderstandings between friends, relatives and neighbors. They love to create friction, and the best ones are assigned to cause outright war. among nations.

3)The oppressors are a unique group  in that their only  delight is to cause misery and destruction among the human race.  Hating the Creator bitterly, the way they get even is to wreck the lives of those created in His image.

Jesus already kicked Satan's ass to the curb.  Once you know this, so can you!

Satan's deceptions are astoundingly and astonishingly.....BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!

Now, that's a good post.

May 15, 2008, 2:24 pm CDT

Mixed Emotions

I have struggled with this issue for a while.I have grown up in a family that were believers in visitations. My Mother related to me about seeing her Father at the foot of her bed just after he died. I myself ,saw my brothers face surrounded by flames in the middle of the day, wide awake. I called my Mother in another state and asked her about my Brother and she finally confessed that his vehicle caught on fire, while he was under it. Fortunately, he was not injured. I do believe in a spiritual realm, both good and evil, referred to as powers and principalities.I am still a skeptic, even with all this history. I believe this issue should not be taken lightly and I have respect for everyone's opinion.  On a lighter note: Is this why street lights are always going out as I pass by?

May 15, 2008, 2:29 pm CDT

Mercedes Needs Help

Quote From: lynlovel

i'm surprised that there isnt moreconcern for mercedes shown on these boards though i admit i havent read every post. she is clearly avictim of unscupulous quacks! but also, i think, ofherown anxieties. she lives in fear of making a move unless she knows -- or thinks she knows -- exactly what will happen beforehand. she won't take a chance on anything without a psychic's seal of approval. she doesnt need apsychic -- she needs a therapist.

I agree that Mercedes needs help, but not necessarily from a therapist.

I think she needs a relationship with God!

If she she put her trust in God, she wouldn't be so anxious all the time.  I believe we shouldn't put our trust in humans more than we put our trust in God.  God is all-knowing, perfect, and wants the best for us.  Humans are limited, imperfect, and don't always work in our best interest but in theirs.  I highly recommend getting to know God and relying on Him for guidance instead of psychics!

May 15, 2008, 2:32 pm CDT

Believe It Or Not

With the years of experiences I have with ghost.

What James Van Praggh and the studys I have done.

He is right  about everything.

With my experiences I have gone through my life.

I do believe there are ghost out there.

If you want to believe it or not.

May 15, 2008, 2:33 pm CDT

what?

Quote From: merlina777

Well this I just fine plain funny!  You had me ROFLMAO!

Christians spend waaay too much time not only talking about satan but giving this deity a whole lot of un-necessary attetnion. It's almost as if you guys actually worship him since you talk about him so much!
satan isn't a deity. he may be to other religions, but not to christianity. and we talk about him so much because we want to warn others of him. it's really the same concept as having a "personal enemy" at your job or school. you talk about that "enemy" alot to help yourself cope with the the stress they give you and to have others help you deal with that "personal enemy". i may be only 16, but even i can see straight through that theory of yours.

May 15, 2008, 2:34 pm CDT

Bad Boo-Boo

Dr. Phil, I adore you but I think you crossed a line on this one.  Believe me, I'm not throwing stones, but from one born-again Christian to another, I know you know that such a topic opens the door to the spiritual realm.  We know the rest, we know what Scripture says about dying once, and who & what these "ghosts" really are.  We must be so careful in these end times, using more discretion than ever before.  "Be on your guard."  With love in Christ.

May 15, 2008, 2:39 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

I must say, when I saw Dr. Phil was doing this subject I was pissed because I was sure he would have a close mind, but I was shocked to see the show actually take an open-minded approach to it. I think that took real guts, because usually the scientific and psychological communities are against these issues even being considered, which is too bad because there is a ton of evidence to prove these things exist. So I congratulate Dr. Phil and his team on a job open-mindedly done. :)

May 15, 2008, 2:42 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: teeka1234

I can't wait to see this show! I have had a number of paranormal experiences myself and have also written a couple of books on the subject. I've seen James Van Praagh before and have a movie about his life. I believe he is very honest about his abilities.

Thanks Dr. Phil!

Take care,
Martha Jette
The closest I've had to a paranormal experience is smelling cigarette smoke. In places no-one ever smokes. Here in the library where I use their computers. And, at home. My parents both smoked. I don't know if it caused my father's non-Hodgkins lymphoma. But, my mother suspected strongly enough that it caused her heart attack that she asked my brother to go through her purse and throw those damn cigarettes away. The "funny" thing? I've never smelt smoke in the house she lived, and smoked in, for 23 years. As for the power going off, and coming right back on, while I was watching today's show? The VCR came right back on, but the TV didn't. I had to turn it back on. Did someone say something "someone" didn't want me to hear?

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last