Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 10, 2008, 6:28 am CDT

Keeping an Open-Mind

Many people are skeptical about psychic people/powers...personally, I believe that there are those ~~ some, if not all ~~ who possess these abilities; call them perception, intuition. premonitions or just that plain-old "gut-feeling" one gets at times.  I'm extremely intrigued  by this topic and can't wait to watch this show! :)

OXO
Lucy

May 10, 2008, 10:45 am CDT

Wow, a topic right up my alley!

I DVR "Ghost Whisperer", "Supernatural" and of course "Dr. Phil". How nice to get a combo as the topic. I can't wait to see this show, Dr. Phil!

I finished out 8th grade living in a haunted house with two ghosts, one male and one femle. I've been ghost hunting officially since 1993 and founded the NJ Ghost Hunters Society in 1998. I used to have a new age bookstore called Celestial Books & Gifts and would give presentations at various groups about "the New Age Rage" and I would cover a portion on "Finding a Psychic before a Charlatan Finds You". The number one warning: the minute a psychic asks you for money to remove a curse from you, RUN, don't walk. It's a scam. I had people come up to me after my lectures with their horror stories about how psychics asked them for $500 and more and one woman didn't have the cash so the psychic made her get gift cards at Sears so the psychic could buy a new refrigerator!

I feel that James VanPraagh and John Edwards are the real deal for psychics. I've met others who are legit as well. As for paranormal investigating, the NJGHS does not include psychics as part of our investigative protocols. I realize everyone has a "6th sense" to some degree, but more often than not, psychics give me a romantic tale of what the ghost went through at the time of death, and that's not helping me quantify and explain the activity the family is experiencing. If a psychic can give names, dates, something verifiable, then I feel they are useful as "ghost hunting gear".

My job as a paranormal investigator is to amass tangible proof of the paranormal activity. EVP's, photos, video and historical background information all contribute to this end.

Happy Haunting everyone!

L'Aura Hladik

www.njghs.net

May 10, 2008, 11:37 am CDT

Thank you for bringing the show to TV

When I get the opportunity to watch Ghost Whisperer, I learn something new. I believe that we have a connection with spirits that have not crossed into the light.

I have only had one such experience when I was living in Japan. I was working at a lovely little hotel in the country side. It was owned by a widow and her family. The restaurant of the hotel opened at 7:00am.  While we set up the restaurant, the lights were off (the natural light from outside was enough to see what we were doing.The front of the restaurant was all windows).

One morning, I saw a gentleman in the corner sitting down and I spoke with him (he did not respond) The conversation from my end was about the day and if he was having a good one and the special we were having for breakfast. (This conversation was in Japanese) I had probably been speaking for two minutes or even less, when my staff entered and turned on the light. There was no one there. But, I could have sworn there had been. I am no longer there and I will never know if the silent gentleman has gone to a happier plane of exitence. I have not had any repeat experiences but I do believe to this date that I was speaking with someone and hope he had a great day. The experience did not scare me or un nerve me it made me say huh, I am either very tired and am seeing things or I really had a one sided conversation with someone deep in thought. I will never know for sure, but thanks again for having the show on tv. I still watch when I can.

Lots of energy to you

May 10, 2008, 11:45 am CDT

I Can't Wait For This One!

I can't wait to see this show! I have had a number of paranormal experiences myself and have also written a couple of books on the subject. I've seen James Van Praagh before and have a movie about his life. I believe he is very honest about his abilities.

Thanks Dr. Phil!

Take care,
Martha Jette

May 10, 2008, 11:45 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Dramas Phil Psychic. I think it was a nightmare to me at night. I hope that you donot have night-------

mare your self. See you on Thursday May 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------

May 10, 2008, 11:48 am CDT

James Van Praagh

I am thrilled to hear that James Van Praagh is going to be on the show.  I am very impressed with his work, he is a great psychic along with also John Edward, that is also someone you should have on the show. He is a great Psychic medium.

I have had first had experience with an entity in a home that we rented for nine years.  That is another story.  I myself have a little psychic ability more in line of the energy that I feel off of people.

So looking forward to this show.

Picalia

May 10, 2008, 11:53 am CDT

Can't believe you're resorting to this topic

May 10, 2008, 12:00 pm CDT

I can't believe this is going to be on Dr. Phil!

I am an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show. One of the main reasons is that Dr. Phil is so "normal", down-to-earth, and sensible. Common sense rules on the show and he never lets anything get out of hand. Unlike some other talk shows that have become like three-ring circuses of dysfunctional people going out of control for entertainment value, I've always looked on this show as one that addresses everyday, real problems that people can relate to and learn from.  Resorting to the paranormal and psychics seems rather like sensationalism and I feel disappointed with Dr. Phil. I just hpe this isn't a sign of things to come. Just had to state my opinion.      Respectfully, D.

May 10, 2008, 1:23 pm CDT

Amen!

Quote From: memphismaggie

I am an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show. One of the main reasons is that Dr. Phil is so "normal", down-to-earth, and sensible. Common sense rules on the show and he never lets anything get out of hand. Unlike some other talk shows that have become like three-ring circuses of dysfunctional people going out of control for entertainment value, I've always looked on this show as one that addresses everyday, real problems that people can relate to and learn from.  Resorting to the paranormal and psychics seems rather like sensationalism and I feel disappointed with Dr. Phil. I just hpe this isn't a sign of things to come. Just had to state my opinion.      Respectfully, D.

I share your same opinion. Psychic's do damage to those that use them. Causing families of Missing Persons to waste precious time chasing there "visions". I am a p.i. and have watched up close what a psychic does to families that are grief stricken, only to get hurt on even a deeper spiritual level than before. It's horrible what they do, and not from God. Look at my profile and follow the link to my blog where you can read the thoughts and experiences of those who have turned to psychics. I would like to see a show on these families that have been harmed, so others will not be hurt be traumatized, nor waste their precious resources. I appeared on the Van Praugh show some years ago as the families lead investigator, with the Shawn Hornbeck family only to hear the most ridiculous claims, of which "NONE" were true.  Shawn Hornbeck? Van Praugh claimed that he was being held in a train (on the show), pointing to me on a map. The family searched nearby area's after the show that matched his "vision" Wasting precious time, where other places needed to be searched. He claimed at a later date to have "been contacted by Shawn's spirit on the other side" when in fact, Shawn was very much alive, and has since been recovered. Fortunately after the taping, Shawn's parents and I went behind the studio... they asked me, do you believe his claims? I said...No. God would not use a person such as this to speak through. How about a show on the damage psychics do...so we can prevent people from being further traumatized?

Respectfully, Suzan

May 10, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

RE: Psychic Dramas

I am a total believer of ghosts, spirits, "angels", whatever you want to call 'em. I used to attempt seances when I was a kid with some of my friends but never conjured up anything, really. My then BFF and I did witness a "ball of fire" light at the foot of my bed one night when she was spending the night with me. We both saw it  cuz we looked at each other with our mouths gaping open and pointed to the bottom of the bed! My encounter with a spirit was one Winter in Chicago. I was staying in a downtown hotel during a bitter cold spell. The heat in my room didn't warm me enough so I layered all the clothes I had packed and went to bed. I was feeling really lonely and sorry for myself as I tried to fall asleep. I had just pulled the covers up to my nose when I saw a transparent image approaching me from the area of the room door/bathroom. "She" patted my feet, tucked my covers in, and left as quickly as "she" appeared. When I saw  the face, it was my mother's face. I was relaxed and fell right to sleep. I decided "she" was the spirit of my great-grandmother, who I only knew from old photos. My mom looks just like her so it was my grandma Abigail who tucked me in that night. She is truely my very own guardian angel.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last