Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 10, 2008, 6:03 pm CDT

true believer!!!!

I am a true believe in ghosts! I lived with one for over a year. I have true stories that would chill you to the bone. I am really looking forward to this Dr. Phil.

May 10, 2008, 7:10 pm CDT

PSYCHIC DRAMAS

HI DR PHIL

I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE SHOW ON THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I ALSO BELIEVE THAT WE CAN SPEAK TO THE SPIRITS LONG AFTER SOME ONE HAS PASSED ON .

I VERY MUCH ENJOY WATCHING THE SHOW GHOST WHISPERS I HAVE NEVER MISSED AN EPISODE

SEE YOUON THURSDAY AT 4:00PM

H Wilson

May 10, 2008, 8:16 pm CDT

Psychic Dramas

Quote From: memphismaggie

I am an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show. One of the main reasons is that Dr. Phil is so "normal", down-to-earth, and sensible. Common sense rules on the show and he never lets anything get out of hand. Unlike some other talk shows that have become like three-ring circuses of dysfunctional people going out of control for entertainment value, I've always looked on this show as one that addresses everyday, real problems that people can relate to and learn from.  Resorting to the paranormal and psychics seems rather like sensationalism and I feel disappointed with Dr. Phil. I just hpe this isn't a sign of things to come. Just had to state my opinion.      Respectfully, D.

I'm thrilled that Dr Phil is doing a show about Psychic Phenomena! I'm totally open to this subject and have been for a long time.It is definitely a departure from the usual shows about family in crisis, addiction, betrails, etc. I only hope that Dr Phil (a man with a scientic mind) will be able to be open and not be dismissive just because it deals with the unseen.

May 10, 2008, 8:44 pm CDT

Yes finally

I am into ghosts very much! i have always wanted dr. phil to do a show on them and see what his thoughts are on them!!!

May 11, 2008, 2:20 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: memphismaggie

I am an avid fan of the Dr. Phil show. One of the main reasons is that Dr. Phil is so 'normal', down-to-earth, and sensible. Common sense rules on the show and he never lets anything get out of hand. Unlike some other talk shows that have become like three-ring circuses of dysfunctional people going out of control for entertainment value, I've always looked on this show as one that addresses everyday, real problems that people can relate to and learn from. Resorting to the paranormal and psychics seems rather like sensationalism and I feel disappointed with Dr. Phil. I just hpe this isn't a sign of things to come. Just had to state my opinion. Respectfully, D.

I respect your opinion. I wish to offer that everyday people do experience paranormal activity. They do not have a Dr. Phil to turn to for their 'issue'. By the time they contact me, they are at their wits end and feel like they are losing their minds and are still tentative to even voice what they are going through. It is a very real problem for some people. I'm sure there are people who will watch this show and gain insight as to where to turn for help and how to avoid being scammed.

It helps them to know there is someone like me or a member of the NJGHS who will treat them respectfully and investigate scientifically. Not every case turns out to be paranormal. Sometimes the creaky cabinet door really just needs a shot of WD-40, or the demonic odor in the child's bedroom is the rotting bowl of cheerios under the kid's bed...but in any case, we comfort and respect the person and conduct the investigation.

You would be surprised at how much relief a person gets when they see tangible proof that explains what they've been going through. To find out they're not going crazy and here's why...it's a big relief.

I think Dr. Phil's show will help people. Just the warning about the dependency on psychics alone is valuable. I've met many people who are psychic-dependent and spending all their hard earned cash on the fakes so they can decide whether or not to take their next breath. It's so sad.

You know Dr. Phil is all about treating people with 'dignity & respect', I'm sure that will come through even on the paranormal topic - what is considered 'far out' by conservative standards.

Kindly,

L'Aura H.

May 11, 2008, 10:20 am CDT

I so believe

I so believe in being able to get messages from the other side I know that not only my Mom but my Dad and late Husband have dropped by to let me know there still watching over us. My things have been moved and doors left open in the  kitchen when no one has gone in there pictures on the wall are moved or turned up side down I find a peace knowing that they are here I would give anything to able to HEAR  what they are saying  to me. I will be watching this show for sure.

May 11, 2008, 7:03 pm CDT

Psychic Dramas

I will be watching this show.  I love the show Ghost Whisper and I know a lot of people do not believe in psychics.  I will agree with the one message that physics are expensive.  I think there is a afterlife and it will be interested to watch this show.  I strongly believe that we come on this earth for a reason but I do not believe that a psychic will help us not to do what we are supposed to do on this earth.  Dr Phil is down to earth and I believe he does believe that we are all here for a reason.  I will watch the show and post my  more of a message after the show.

May 12, 2008, 1:29 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: suzangm

I share your same opinion. Psychic's do damage to those that use them. Causing families of Missing Persons to waste precious time chasing there "visions". I am a p.i. and have watched up close what a psychic does to families that are grief stricken, only to get hurt on even a deeper spiritual level than before. It's horrible what they do, and not from God. Look at my profile and follow the link to my blog where you can read the thoughts and experiences of those who have turned to psychics. I would like to see a show on these families that have been harmed, so others will not be hurt be traumatized, nor waste their precious resources. I appeared on the Van Praugh show some years ago as the families lead investigator, with the Shawn Hornbeck family only to hear the most ridiculous claims, of which "NONE" were true.  Shawn Hornbeck? Van Praugh claimed that he was being held in a train (on the show), pointing to me on a map. The family searched nearby area's after the show that matched his "vision" Wasting precious time, where other places needed to be searched. He claimed at a later date to have "been contacted by Shawn's spirit on the other side" when in fact, Shawn was very much alive, and has since been recovered. Fortunately after the taping, Shawn's parents and I went behind the studio... they asked me, do you believe his claims? I said...No. God would not use a person such as this to speak through. How about a show on the damage psychics do...so we can prevent people from being further traumatized?

Respectfully, Suzan

I'm so glad, even after all the wasted time, Shawn was found alive. What a tragedy it would've been, had Shawn died while everone was wasting their time following Van Praugh's rabbit trails. You've shared your opinion of Van Praugh. What's your opinion of the real Allisin DuBois?

May 12, 2008, 1:41 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

My opinion of today's subject matter is mixed. I do disagree with the inclusion of "Ghost Whisper" on the show. It's fiction. But, "Medium" is based on the work of a real-life psychic, Allison DuBois, whether we believe in her abilties, or not. So, why not have her on the show?

May 12, 2008, 4:52 pm CDT

psychics

There are psychics I believe. John Edwards and Valerie Morrison are two.  I believe some people are blessed with this gift and I have been interested in this subject for many years. Several months after my dad passed, I prayed that he visit me in a dream. A few nights later, my dad and his brother (who had passed many years prior) came to me in a dream. They were both smiling and waving dressed in their all weather coats I'd seem them wearing many times before. I knew that they both were ok. I've had other dreams throughtout my life that have actually happened. There are a lot of skeptics out there, and that is why I haven't made it public before. I'm almost 60 years old now and just don't  care what people think any more.

I get almost a feeling of dread, and I know something is about to happen (a lot of times I don't know if it will be good or bad).  Other times I'm completely surprised. I've never tried to sharpen these skills, partly because of negative feedback. When I was younger, I thought these feelings were "gut feelings". But, now I can tell the difference.

So, are there genuine psychics out there? Yes, I truly believe there are. I also believe there are a lot more "fakes" than the real deal.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last