Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 14, 2008, 6:15 pm CDT

THEY DID NOT USE THE NAME PSYCHIC IN THE BIBLE

Quote From: suzangm

I looked no further than her title, she uses the name psychic, medium.  I do not know her personally, but on a looking at tv level, I can share as I did in my last post, If they do not give credit to Christ, then they are either tapping into a different source of power, or using guesses. Personally, I would not want to be led around to parts unknown when an alternate entity other than God/Jesus were instructing/leading me. After all... our souls and their destiny are up for grabs. One cannot have light and dark in the same place, as the bible instructs, just getting you to believe "in the other side" takes you away from God. That is not a place I would want to be. If this woman is gaining fame or fortune, for her services that's a clue. God is free. The gifts given are free, for you...me, for us all.  I can tell you, if she does not profess her gifts are from Christ, then I would have to say...see ya.

And yes, Shawn being found! He represents the small faces that go missing all to often. Never give up hope, pray...believe, keep searching. Over 100,000 children go missing "a year" that is pretty amazing.

Here is a side note" If you believe in God. And if you believe the bible. And you have read and believed that God/Jesus has done " miracles". If he "were to use a person" would he not say "directly where they were"?

One does not have to guess that he would 'not' give silly clue's.. and most that are wrong. And some that are so hurtful...to even imagine. Think about the God you know, would your God use a psychic to tell you something? or would he use a Christian who would bless him by giving him credit? It would also make God/Jesus a liar to use one, as he expressly forbids the use of them in all forms. He can't change the rules that would make him a liar.

Respectfully, Suzan

CENTURIES AGO,THERE WERE PREDICTIONS, THEY DID NOT USE THE

WORD PSYCHIC     THEY WERE CALLED PROPHITS     MANY THINGS CAME

TO PASS/       MANY PSYCHICS OF THIS DAY AND AGE ARE  NOT TO BELIEVED

THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE AMAZING,  HONEST AND IF YOU GO TO CHURCH

YOU OR YOUR PASTER MIGHT HAVE HEARD THE WORD OF GOD.   DOES THAT

MAKE THEM WRONG   HOW CAN  YOU BELIEVE THEM     JESUS ONLY KNEW LOVE

AND FORGIVNESS   HE TOO KNEW WHAT WAS COMMING.   

May 14, 2008, 8:19 pm CDT

Glad to see it!

Glad to see people with open minds finally posting! What I am glad about with Dr. Phil doing this topic is the fact he will give it the dignity it deserves! James is a very kind and caring man. Like I've mentioned before I've met him and spent a little bit of time chatting with him. His work helped me to understand so much and help my family in Ireland deal with the crossing of my Uncle there back in 1995ish.

Having a 17 yo son recently on the Other Side and being able to communicate with him on a daily basis is such a blessing! Not only did my son meet Jesus, and we didn't raise him  a Christian, but he knew who he was, he met Arch Angel Michael and Buddha! Jesus, he said was beautiful, so loving, hmmm, and not judgemental, go figure!  AA Michael has stunning blue eyes and was amazing and Buddha is very interesting. The informaton we are getting from our son goes way beyond the basics that will be discussed on this show! Thanks for paving the way Dr. Phil  for the info we have to share down the road! :-)

Ghost Whisperer is in deed loosly based on one of James VP friends, MaryAnne I believe. She deals with Earth bound Spirts and helps them corss. Some stay Earth bound because they are afraid to go into the Light thinking they are not worthy. Sometimes it's due to religious dogma they feel this way. That's what some Spirits have told us anyway.

What a week! Pastlife Regression on Oprah and now this!! FINALLY! Let's get some minds opened to the endless possibilities of this INFINITE Universe!! Wooo Hooooo

If you think this meat suit is all there is....well, you will have one heck of a surprise when you cross! We are SPIRITS having a human experience NOT the other way around! We are all energy and energy doesn't disappear, it just changes form! ;-)

Abundant Blessings Everyone!

May 15, 2008, 12:10 am CDT

I have seen him live many times...

When my late GodMother Lelia was alive, she enjoyed visiting with psychics.
She had Known Edger Cayce and had two readings with him back in the day...
Once, she asked me to take her to see James Van Prague. And I did.
While there, I was astonished by the story of an Orange Pick up truck. There were two women, with orange hair, the Mother and sister of the deceased. The young man had left his orange-haired sister his orange pick up truck. He wanted her to keep the truck nice and clean... no more fast food wrappers on the floor, please.
About a year later I dragged a friend to his next big event. I had asked my then skeptical boyfriend, my now, skeptical husband to attend... but he would have none of it.
The evening was exciting, and quite interesting.
And so, when a year or so later, when I got another notice in the mail that he was doing a large reading... this time my friend and I CONVINCED Mr, Skeptical to attend.
At about 45 minutes into the reading, in a lecture hall with three times as many folks as the first one I had attended three years prior, Mr Prague said
"I am seeing an orange pick-up truck.... whereupon two orange hair women leapt to their feet and oohed and awed. There was talk of fast food wrappers, and my husband poked me in the ribs, indicating that it was time to go. This was many years ago, way before the book and the fame... My husband has never let me live it down.
I still want to believe.
But my husband... Forget it.

May 15, 2008, 5:46 am CDT

upsetting

FIrst of all, I respect everyone's right to their beliefs. That said, I know Dr. Phil is a believer in God, which means a Christian. It upsets me that this type of show talking to the "dead" would even be done. If you are a Christian, even if you're not, read the Bible. Lev. 19:31 says, "Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God." Here it says we are not to familiarize ourselves with spirits who are wicked angels pretending they are dead loved ones. Neither are we to seek after spirit mediums for this is of the devil. A study Many people believe that a soul is something that God put into man. Or that a soul can live apart from the body. Lots of us have been brought up to believe that when God made man He put a living soul into us, but that is a paganistic idea and not biblical. To better understand what a soul is and how man was made and what he is, study the creation of the first man and note carefully what God did. Genesis 2:7. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man BECAME a living soul." Notice carefully that God did not put a soul into man. Rather, man became a living soul when the body and breath were put together. What the Bible says about death is very interesting, also. I don't mean to preach or disrepect anyone. Again, I respect that everyone has their right to their beliefs, it's just upsetting to me to see someone who is a Christian not understand where spiritualism comes from and what the Bible has to say about it.

May 15, 2008, 7:06 am CDT

At the risk...

Quote From: suzangm

I share your same opinion. Psychic's do damage to those that use them. Causing families of Missing Persons to waste precious time chasing there "visions". I am a p.i. and have watched up close what a psychic does to families that are grief stricken, only to get hurt on even a deeper spiritual level than before. It's horrible what they do, and not from God. Look at my profile and follow the link to my blog where you can read the thoughts and experiences of those who have turned to psychics. I would like to see a show on these families that have been harmed, so others will not be hurt be traumatized, nor waste their precious resources. I appeared on the Van Praugh show some years ago as the families lead investigator, with the Shawn Hornbeck family only to hear the most ridiculous claims, of which "NONE" were true.  Shawn Hornbeck? Van Praugh claimed that he was being held in a train (on the show), pointing to me on a map. The family searched nearby area's after the show that matched his "vision" Wasting precious time, where other places needed to be searched. He claimed at a later date to have "been contacted by Shawn's spirit on the other side" when in fact, Shawn was very much alive, and has since been recovered. Fortunately after the taping, Shawn's parents and I went behind the studio... they asked me, do you believe his claims? I said...No. God would not use a person such as this to speak through. How about a show on the damage psychics do...so we can prevent people from being further traumatized?

Respectfully, Suzan

At the risk of being called ultra conservative or one of those Bible-thumping people, this would be a show I could skip.  Yes, I certainly believe in spirits and souls.  Problem is, there's more than one kind, and we are told in the Bible that Satan can mask as an angel of light.  The Jewish people were strictly told not to seek information from spirits or mediums, because that info did not come from God.  God wants to be our provider and supplier, and asking for this information that does not come from Him can cause serious harm.  God acts and responds out of love to bless us because He wants what's best for us.  Satan is a destroyer and a liar and responds out of hate.  I'll take love over hate any day.  I'll take truth over lies masking as truth any day.  It's when we don't know the difference that we're in trouble.

May 15, 2008, 7:16 am CDT

True, but...

Quote From: bluebirds

CENTURIES AGO,THERE WERE PREDICTIONS, THEY DID NOT USE THE

WORD PSYCHIC     THEY WERE CALLED PROPHITS     MANY THINGS CAME

TO PASS/       MANY PSYCHICS OF THIS DAY AND AGE ARE  NOT TO BELIEVED

THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE AMAZING,  HONEST AND IF YOU GO TO CHURCH

YOU OR YOUR PASTER MIGHT HAVE HEARD THE WORD OF GOD.   DOES THAT

MAKE THEM WRONG   HOW CAN  YOU BELIEVE THEM     JESUS ONLY KNEW LOVE

AND FORGIVNESS   HE TOO KNEW WHAT WAS COMMING.   

Do you remember the true test for a prophet????They could NEVER be wrong.  If they were, that showed their message was not from God.  Minor little result - they could be killed for their lies.  Old Testament law supported that.  So hummmmmm, I wonder how many of our modern-day psychics would like to undergo that test!  Any takers?

Jan

May 15, 2008, 7:42 am CDT

amazing show

when I read the negative stuff on the message board , I thought do these people realy feel this way ? I to am a christian however I guess its how you interprate this to ones own needs. Personaly I have experianced some of the things Mr. Praug spoke of.  and have decided that if I want a good nights sleep from now on  I can be found in the local cemetary. This is in the same catagory as aliens, how is it that we can be so obtuse as to believe were alone in the universe,so why cant I stay on earth to be around my family or friends if I choose after I pass on?dose that make me unchristian or mabey..human

May 15, 2008, 8:15 am CDT

Not just a skeptic

When I heard the name of the psychic on Dr. Phil today, I heard them say "James 1:5", misunderstanding the pronunciation of this man's name.  I thought it was strange that I heard that, so I looked it up in the Bible, just to see what it said.  Here is James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."  Coincidence?  I think not.  I am not only a skeptic of psychics, I am a staunch unbeliever.  I do believe psychic's can hear and feel superhuman things... I believe very strongly in demon deception.  Satan is very good at making things appear as truth, but is very much false.  I beg of you... do not believe what you hear from any psychic to be true!  God is the only One with true wisdom... if you need wisdom, please do what the Bible says... ask of God.  Then you know for sure you're getting the right information.  Why trust what a human has to say when you have all the answers in God's Holy Word?  Trust Christ.  He is the only Way!

May 15, 2008, 8:31 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: groeneveld

when I read the negative stuff on the message board , I thought do these people realy feel this way ? I to am a christian however I guess its how you interprate this to ones own needs. Personaly I have experianced some of the things Mr. Praug spoke of.  and have decided that if I want a good nights sleep from now on  I can be found in the local cemetary. This is in the same catagory as aliens, how is it that we can be so obtuse as to believe were alone in the universe,so why cant I stay on earth to be around my family or friends if I choose after I pass on?dose that make me unchristian or mabey..human
I'm sorry to hear that you feel you need to be in a cemetary to cure your insomnia.  If you are a Christian as you claim, then I can only assume that you believe in the Bible.  If you do, then you will believe what it says in Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me (Jesus), all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  I am not questioning your Christianity.  However, I would lovingly question your understanding of true peace.  John 14:26-27 says, "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  I hope that this has been an encouragement to you and a help.  I will pray that your heart will be open to the Word of Truth.  Please be in prayer about what you believe, that God would make His plan clear for you.  I will pray for you!

May 15, 2008, 8:33 am CDT

This particular show

This is probably more geared towards the creator of "Ghost Whisperer" to answer some questions while Jennifer Love Hewitt answers inevitable questions that the show creates by many viewers.

As to the Bible, I'm given to understand that I am Egnostic. As in I believe in God, but I don't believe in everything in the Bible. Ironically, the bible is full of contradictions. Such as, the appasal was not supposed to talk about revolutions because it dealt with the future. Apparently, he told someone or made a record of it; otherwise, it wouldn't be in the Bible. So, much for following God's word. Secondly, isn't God considered a supreme spirit, and another poster posted a phrase not to commune with spirits yet we systematically pray to God and so on. I find that very ironic. Additionally, the Bible talks about the destruction of the new Galmora. Since I find natural disasters fascinating, I'd say Galmora fits perfectly with the United States. The U.S has the Cascadian and New Madrid Fault Lines, and the theory is both are about due and both save energy for 8.+ earthquakes. The recent central US earthquake is the fault line north of New Madrid, and if the Earthquake storm theory holds any facts. I think that the Mississppi will run backwards once again within 3 years. Then, between both Fault Lines lays North America's largest and most active Volcano beneath Yellowstone. As though that wasn't enough the Coma Dihey Ha Volcano in the Canary Island's is capable of producing a landslide triggered Tsunami taller than the Empire State Building. If that's still not enough, there's a chance in 2039 of a Meteorid Impact into the Atlantic Ocean. So, if the dream of Galmora is a true prophecy, I definitely think; the US is this Galmora.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last