Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 15, 2008, 8:42 am CDT

love this show

HELLO

Im SO GLAD YOU DID THIS SHOW. I just love it . Thank you for having James on you show.This is a good thing .GREAT JOB  Dr.Phil

May 15, 2008, 8:46 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: janneff

At the risk of being called ultra conservative or one of those Bible-thumping people, this would be a show I could skip.  Yes, I certainly believe in spirits and souls.  Problem is, there's more than one kind, and we are told in the Bible that Satan can mask as an angel of light.  The Jewish people were strictly told not to seek information from spirits or mediums, because that info did not come from God.  God wants to be our provider and supplier, and asking for this information that does not come from Him can cause serious harm.  God acts and responds out of love to bless us because He wants what's best for us.  Satan is a destroyer and a liar and responds out of hate.  I'll take love over hate any day.  I'll take truth over lies masking as truth any day.  It's when we don't know the difference that we're in trouble.
I don't mind at all being called names for believing the truth.  I agree wholeheartedly with your statements.  I believe what the Bible says about demons and spirits.  God was very clear on how He feels about asking the wrong spirit for advice/wisdom.  James 1:5 says, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."  Spread the Word!  God has all the answers and is the Absolute Truth!  Satan is a liar and a deceiver.  Trust Christ. 

May 15, 2008, 8:47 am CDT

excited

I'm so excited about todays show. I wish I could see ghosts I like James Van Praag I love all his books they really help if your into that sort of stuff.

May 15, 2008, 9:49 am CDT

Awesome!

Quote From: ramair

As a fellow believer, I appreciate your stand for Christ.

I think, sometimes, God gives us "impressions". I once had an impression that I should ask a woman if she could read. A friend and I would go "soul winning" for our church. And, when sharing gospel verses, we'd ask the person to read them aloud. But, once, almost as if from God, I got the impression that, were I to ask the woman we were visiting than night, to read, it would embarrass her. And, that I should ask her if she could read. So, I did. She couldn't. So, I read the verses to her. She made a profession of faith. And, we got her into a literacy program.

That's called discernment! Awesome!

May 15, 2008, 10:01 am CDT

Prophet's

Quote From: bluebirds

CENTURIES AGO,THERE WERE PREDICTIONS, THEY DID NOT USE THE

WORD PSYCHIC     THEY WERE CALLED PROPHITS     MANY THINGS CAME

TO PASS/       MANY PSYCHICS OF THIS DAY AND AGE ARE  NOT TO BELIEVED

THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE AMAZING,  HONEST AND IF YOU GO TO CHURCH

YOU OR YOUR PASTER MIGHT HAVE HEARD THE WORD OF GOD.   DOES THAT

MAKE THEM WRONG   HOW CAN  YOU BELIEVE THEM     JESUS ONLY KNEW LOVE

AND FORGIVNESS   HE TOO KNEW WHAT WAS COMMING.   

Yes, I agree. God/Christ were with men who were called prophets. They were filled with the Holy Ghost. And gave all credit to Christ. And many things have come to pass that were predicted. I am not sure what you are saying. But, I can agree that magicians are amazing, as some "psychic's" use parlor tricks to entertain. Did you know there are classes you can take to learn how to read people which is the guide to "correctly predicting" if your line of guessing is on the right path? We see some of these people at carnivals and fair's, they guess your age etc.

There are two kinds of psychic's, one is a well trained entertainer, and the other uses forces apart from God/Jesus.

Again, this is my opinion and I do not intend on offending anyone.

Suzan

May 15, 2008, 10:15 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: zondervanus

Think about it for a moment...
Why would someone receive a gift  such as this  to be used for monetary gain instead of  getting in the word  and carry the message that God  would have for  the people.

If one were to be a bona fide Christian, and abuse their gifts, the gifts would simply cease to exist. God is a loving God, and one would simply have to ask forgiveness and turn from sin.

There are many individuals who profit from giving God/Christ's word, and greed and pride get in the way. God corrects them.

(Jim Baker and Tammy Faye come to mind.)

May 15, 2008, 10:23 am CDT

I believe...No, I know

After the death of my son nearly 12 years ago I was desperate for answers to the life death thing. I could not begin to grieve until I found something to believe that was acceptable to me. I asked my dead son for help...I basically hounded him for a year. I asked him to go to someone, anyone, and tell them to 'Call your mom!!' I gave him names of friends and then of John Edward who was just beginning to share his gift. I had met John via email and he had my phone number ...longer story than we have time for here. BUT,. one summer day, my son showed up in John's head/heart and told him: 'Call my MOM!!' and then gave him tons of validating information. Jason and I now communicate directly (you don't need a medium) and I KNOW that death is only an end to a body. Our spirit or soul lives on eternally. Love Never Dies.
===
Sandy Goodman

May 15, 2008, 11:29 am CDT

Explain further please....

Quote From: sandy1027

After the death of my son nearly 12 years ago I was desperate for answers to the life death thing. I could not begin to grieve until I found something to believe that was acceptable to me. I asked my dead son for help...I basically hounded him for a year. I asked him to go to someone, anyone, and tell them to 'Call your mom!!' I gave him names of friends and then of John Edward who was just beginning to share his gift. I had met John via email and he had my phone number ...longer story than we have time for here. BUT,. one summer day, my son showed up in John's head/heart and told him: 'Call my MOM!!' and then gave him tons of validating information. Jason and I now communicate directly (you don't need a medium) and I KNOW that death is only an end to a body. Our spirit or soul lives on eternally. Love Never Dies.
===
Sandy Goodman

Would you mind explaining further, how you "directly" communicate with your son.

Thanks, Suzan

May 15, 2008, 11:32 am CDT

If you believe......

Quote From: enrice

When I heard the name of the psychic on Dr. Phil today, I heard them say "James 1:5", misunderstanding the pronunciation of this man's name.  I thought it was strange that I heard that, so I looked it up in the Bible, just to see what it said.  Here is James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."  Coincidence?  I think not.  I am not only a skeptic of psychics, I am a staunch unbeliever.  I do believe psychic's can hear and feel superhuman things... I believe very strongly in demon deception.  Satan is very good at making things appear as truth, but is very much false.  I beg of you... do not believe what you hear from any psychic to be true!  God is the only One with true wisdom... if you need wisdom, please do what the Bible says... ask of God.  Then you know for sure you're getting the right information.  Why trust what a human has to say when you have all the answers in God's Holy Word?  Trust Christ.  He is the only Way!

If you are a true believer, then you have to acknowledge that God speaks through US!! Some of us hear better than others.

May 15, 2008, 11:38 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: zondervanus

Think about it for a moment...
Why would someone receive a gift  such as this  to be used for monetary gain instead of  getting in the word  and carry the message that God  would have for  the people.

Some people have this gift and they ARE carrying the message that God would have for the people....the fact that they are paid for this is no different than anyone else being paid for doing a job....they have to live and survive, too.

I'm not talking about the many charlatans who prey on the vulnerable, such as this woman who was on the show today and spent $4,000 a year on these creeps....THEY are guided by satan, no doubt....but, there are people who do genuinely have this gift and are using it for good.

Buyer beware! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last