Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 19, 2008, 2:10 pm CDT

Interesting...

Quote From: picalina

LOGIC,

Your title says it all!  I agree with you 100%   How can these people believe such a crock, and yet not be able to digest that someone has psychic abilities?  This does not make sense.

People will believe what they are programed to believe, like sheep being led to the slaughter.

Thank you for your logical observation....

Picalina

You mention people such as myself being programmed, and lead to slaughter. That amusing as in the bible that is exactly what happens to those lead astray by lies and deceit.   Watch t.v. to get educated, no wonder people are messed up. You believe what you see on t.v. for real?   You knock me for putting scripture on this board, and then put on your profile that you 'care' about people, what you mean to say is you care about those...that "fit" your way of thinking.   You want to know what care is all about? How about being an investigator, who searches on foot for the missing. Who sits and listens to psychics....to make the family happy, as there are no more clue's to follow, how about wasting days upon days of hot searing heat, bugs and rodents looking in places for a missing person, to find out...it was all a lie. And then 'not' complain, take on the chin... a whole day ...week ...wasted. Only to see the psychic cash in on, being a part of story of a person missing.   That part isn't aired, just the.."I got a vision" part. Go ahead...watch TV, get educated. Where do you live, Florida? Tell you what, there are a few people missing down that way, would you mind following all the psychic leads for me? how about for the family? It's marshy and hot down there...lots a skeeters too.. I will find "all" the psychic visions..for you, and then you can go..be a caring person.   When you get back after your day of searching, you be the one to tell the family...Ok? When they lower there heads and cry in your arms, then you be sure and get on here and tell us all how you care..   Or how about going with a family to be on the V Praag show, to have him tell the family he is dead, how about that, to dash their hopes of him being alive. Fortunately...when they asked me...do you believe him Suzan, I said No... They chose to believe Shawn was very much alive, and because the family believed that, kept his name out there..he was recovered not to long ago.   Trust me, when I first got in this business...I too leaned in to listen, I didn't care if someone said..the "dog'" knows where the missing person was, I would have gotten down on all four and listened to him to find closure for these families. After a time, I realized through pain and tears of families...hurting people on this level...on top of the original tragedy. Was adding insult to injury...very cruel.I would love find these people (see'rs) do good works... but, I have found they do not.   How about this case? We have been searching on foot...for a gal who went missing in KS. Wells...woods, everywhere... still searching in fact. The sister asks me....should I go see Sylvia Brown? I tell her... I don't think God would use someone like that to give you answers, she insists.. I tell her to let me know... Nothing...two weeks go by, she finally contacts me, You were right.. I am out 400.00 and she didn't tell me a thing. Now my client is embarrassed to have been taken..crying...hurt, disappointed. I assure her...it's ok, you can at least share your experience with others to help them not get burned.   This same scenario plays over and over... so, when I see this on a show, if I am able...I write...and write and write.   That's caring.

May 19, 2008, 2:23 pm CDT

psychic dramas Susan

Quote From: suzangm

It is not my path... It is out of the bible. ....and thank you I "will" speak my mind. I will spend however much time I want....lol You nor no one else will dictate to me what to do, or how long to take doing it. Don't read it if you don't want to. You have the choice to skip my post's if you like. It's not a little much, I have read much longer post's than mine, in fact..you have post's longer than mine. Just  because your "above" them, does not mean someone else might like to read them. You go on and on about how you care for people, yet your speaking to me in a very unkind manner... I posted scripture..so what??? You were concerned the bible was misquoted, I apologized...even though Enoch was not sited, it was just a question to ask that person did they read it.

I am not posting that a few psychic's have hurt people, I am writing that the cases I know of, where I was directly involved- experienced it up close and there are more than a few. The man who you speak of, I know not. I would have to research him to see if it was "real".

I disagree with you...In every case I have witnessed... it was all lies..hurt, and pain.

I do not exactly know what your problem is with me, perhaps, agreeing to disagree is needed.

You care about people ..you say, then do me a justice and look up "How families are hurt" at the hands of a psychic. It's easy to search.

Sue,

my posts have been short less then a page.  How can you say you have read longer from me.?

Plus you have me mixed up with another poster, I have never challenged you on a bible misquote.

I have no idea about Enoch.  That was another poster that questioned that.

I am not trying to be unkind to you or anyone, I just object to your pages and pages of bible

quotes.

Picalina

May 19, 2008, 2:54 pm CDT

yikes...

Sue,

my posts have been short less then a page.  How can you say you have read longer from me.?

Plus you have me mixed up with another poster, I have never challenged you on a bible misquote.

I have no idea about Enoch.  That was another poster that questioned that.

I am not trying to be unkind to you or anyone, I just object to your pages and pages of bible

quotes.

Picalina

So Sorry.... that reply was to mirage, and the other posters who I have been talking with. The messages have all been integrated within one another...so sorry.  That was a reply to those further down the board.

May 19, 2008, 3:41 pm CDT

psychic dramas LOGIC

Quote From: suzangm

You mention people such as myself being programmed, and lead to slaughter. That amusing as in the bible that is exactly what happens to those lead astray by lies and deceit.   Watch t.v. to get educated, no wonder people are messed up. You believe what you see on t.v. for real?   You knock me for putting scripture on this board, and then put on your profile that you 'care' about people, what you mean to say is you care about those...that "fit" your way of thinking.   You want to know what care is all about? How about being an investigator, who searches on foot for the missing. Who sits and listens to psychics....to make the family happy, as there are no more clue's to follow, how about wasting days upon days of hot searing heat, bugs and rodents looking in places for a missing person, to find out...it was all a lie. And then 'not' complain, take on the chin... a whole day ...week ...wasted. Only to see the psychic cash in on, being a part of story of a person missing.   That part isn't aired, just the.."I got a vision" part. Go ahead...watch TV, get educated. Where do you live, Florida? Tell you what, there are a few people missing down that way, would you mind following all the psychic leads for me? how about for the family? It's marshy and hot down there...lots a skeeters too.. I will find "all" the psychic visions..for you, and then you can go..be a caring person.   When you get back after your day of searching, you be the one to tell the family...Ok? When they lower there heads and cry in your arms, then you be sure and get on here and tell us all how you care..   Or how about going with a family to be on the V Praag show, to have him tell the family he is dead, how about that, to dash their hopes of him being alive. Fortunately...when they asked me...do you believe him Suzan, I said No... They chose to believe Shawn was very much alive, and because the family believed that, kept his name out there..he was recovered not to long ago.   Trust me, when I first got in this business...I too leaned in to listen, I didn't care if someone said..the "dog'" knows where the missing person was, I would have gotten down on all four and listened to him to find closure for these families. After a time, I realized through pain and tears of families...hurting people on this level...on top of the original tragedy. Was adding insult to injury...very cruel.I would love find these people (see'rs) do good works... but, I have found they do not.   How about this case? We have been searching on foot...for a gal who went missing in KS. Wells...woods, everywhere... still searching in fact. The sister asks me....should I go see Sylvia Brown? I tell her... I don't think God would use someone like that to give you answers, she insists.. I tell her to let me know... Nothing...two weeks go by, she finally contacts me, You were right.. I am out 400.00 and she didn't tell me a thing. Now my client is embarrassed to have been taken..crying...hurt, disappointed. I assure her...it's ok, you can at least share your experience with others to help them not get burned.   This same scenario plays over and over... so, when I see this on a show, if I am able...I write...and write and write.   That's caring.

Susan,

Thank you for sharing, I admire you for a hard job, that certainly must be very emotional.

The psychic's I am speaking of on TV do not charge for their services.  They help out of a need to use their gifts to help others.

I wish I could remember what program they are on, I believe it is one of the COLD CASES, or one of the detective shows. The police are skeptics and do voice their opinions on the subject.  Until the psychic helps them find the killer, or the missing person. They then admit that they would not have been able to solve the crime without their help. 

I do not feel James Van Prag. (sp)  was a good example of the Psychic world, in fact he has slipped a lot from when he first came to attention.

I do not care for Sylvia Brown either, she is only in it for the money.

The most altruistic one is John Edward, he is kind, loving and very good at his gift.

If you ever get a chance to see him, do watch.

May 19, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

psychic dramas

Quote From: logicandreason

Picalina,

Thanks for reading my post. 

Allow me to make it clear that I also do not belive in psychics, the supernatural, gods, spirits, angels, and the like. 

May I inquire what you do believe in?

Picalina

May 19, 2008, 3:52 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

May I inquire what you do believe in?

Picalina

Nothing supernatural.  I believe in those things which use logic, reason, and science to discern their validity. 

May 19, 2008, 3:57 pm CDT

ghosts

I have a question and I hope someone can answer it .   I have been around ghosts before and I think I might have one where im living right now. The question is do people get light headed when a ghost is around because I never get that way and it comes and goes so fast ?

May 19, 2008, 4:05 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: niteowl1454

I have a question and I hope someone can answer it .   I have been around ghosts before and I think I might have one where im living right now. The question is do people get light headed when a ghost is around because I never get that way and it comes and goes so fast ?
Have you thought of consulting a medical professional  about your dizziness instead of entertaining the idea that it might be attributed to something that does not exist?

May 19, 2008, 4:30 pm CDT

psychic dramas

Quote From: logicandreason

Nothing supernatural.  I believe in those things which use logic, reason, and science to discern their validity. 

So logic, what logic would you attribute when your eyes and ears are aware that something has happened that cannot be explained away?  What would your response be if you actually saw a spiritual entity?

Picalina

May 19, 2008, 4:52 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

So logic, what logic would you attribute when your eyes and ears are aware that something has happened that cannot be explained away?  What would your response be if you actually saw a spiritual entity?

Picalina

If I saw something for which there was not a current scientific or medical explanation for, then I would have confidence in 2 things:

1) that there probably is an explanation, I just may not be aware of it. Then I would do the appropriate research to find said explanation.

2) If there were no current explanation I would still have confidence that it could be explained through science, however, the proper research may not have yet been done to explain it.

Eyes and ears are tricky things, in that the brain is a tricky thing.  There are many conditions that can cause one to think that they have seen or experienced the 'unexplainable' or the 'supernatural' and the root of these experiences is in the brain and the imagination, in wishful thinking, in neurological misfiring of the brain, and simple explainable, perfectly natural phenomena they one may not understand.

As to your question of what I would do if I actually saw a spiritual entity, I direct you to what I outlined above in 1 & 2.  I would understand, with complete confidence, that I needed to get myself to a medical professional because I was having either a hallucination and may need care, or perhaps I could be having a reaction to a medication or I might have an as of yet undiagnosed infection (which can cause hallucinations). 

First | Prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next | Last