Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 20, 2008, 7:37 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: suzangm

Let me tell you a story.. that happened to my daughter...

about 10 years ago, she and her husband rented a house. At odd times the door bell would ring, they thought it was a prank.

So one night, my son in law decided to sit and wait within the house..to catch the kid that was doing it. And finally, it rang..he looked out, and there was no one there... and it did it again "while" he was watching.. they fled the house, and came to mine. I went over, and walked up to the door...it was drizzling out, and as I stood there... a drop of water...trickled down, and went inside the cracked button, creating a bridge with one water droplet..letting current flow...and the bell rang.

They were relieved..but for awhile, the house was haunted, wasn't it?  

Interesting story...I agree with the general sentiment. What we don't understand we assign to the supernatural.

May 20, 2008, 9:13 pm CDT

Yes I agree

Quote From: PennyLane78

Interesting story...I agree with the general sentiment. What we don't understand we assign to the supernatural.

I think television and all the scary movies, has programmed a lot of knee jerk reactions.

btw... Neat icon.. I did watch it..lol

May 21, 2008, 7:56 am CDT

Psychic Dramas

2 yrs ago my family started planning a family reunion for 2007.One thing we planned was a visit to the origional "Gow" Homestead. We contacted the current owners for permission to visit the far\m. When we talked to the owners they asked --if a small boy(about 4 yrs old) had ever died in the house. To our knowledge--we said NO.
I proceeded to do research of our ancestors in preparation for the reunion. I was in total shock when I discovered  the death of a boy of 5 yrs. of age was recorded in the old church records--no parents listed and no other details. I have searched to try to piece this puzzle together--who does he belong to?
The owners of the property say he kept appearing at the foot of their bed and in the hall.
Later they rented the property and again he appeared to the tenants and a couple of visitors to the home.
I had grown up in that house as did my father and grandfather. The property had been in the family name for over 100 years.  and to my knowledge no "Gow" had ever seen this ghost.  This child died in 1854.
I continue to try to find who this child belonged to . Was he born here or did he come as a baby from Scotland when  my great great Grandfather  and his family came?

May 21, 2008, 8:03 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: picalina

Boy are you programed!   Talk about a gulliable mind...such dogma from the pulpet.

Your are in for a big surprise when you cross over, remember these words, when all that you expected is not as it should be.  Your soul will be in shock.

picalina

No, I am not programmed, I am forgiven. you are not evil, what you believe is.  Jesus is the answer, if you would try Him you would undestand, but you are blinded and cannot see the truth.  It isn't dogma, it's the Love of God.  Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and you will understand.  I do not live in fear, but great peace and joy.  I have great freedom, I am not brainwashed, nor am I controlled or controlling.  I am full of the Love of God through Jesus, and I speak boldly to you in Love.  It is you who is in for a big surprise, because one day, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I have a loving wife, wonderful kids, great friends and worship in a powerfully prophetic church.  Iisee miraculous healings everyday,and I myself have been healed. I am not religious, I simply follow Christ.

If only you could understand....His Love is Amazing.

May 22, 2008, 1:43 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: lrome50

No, I am not programmed, I am forgiven. you are not evil, what you believe is.  Jesus is the answer, if you would try Him you would undestand, but you are blinded and cannot see the truth.  It isn't dogma, it's the Love of God.  Accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and you will understand.  I do not live in fear, but great peace and joy.  I have great freedom, I am not brainwashed, nor am I controlled or controlling.  I am full of the Love of God through Jesus, and I speak boldly to you in Love.  It is you who is in for a big surprise, because one day, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I have a loving wife, wonderful kids, great friends and worship in a powerfully prophetic church.  Iisee miraculous healings everyday,and I myself have been healed. I am not religious, I simply follow Christ.

If only you could understand....His Love is Amazing.

"Amen"

May 22, 2008, 3:53 pm CDT

My expierence

I never grew up with religion nor believing in ghosts. We always said our prayers and were taught there was a god. I can see myself when I was young and saying at some point and time that "if god would come down and shake my hand I would truly believe". I always wanted to believe in psychics and even god , but I needed some solid proof. This is my story.

In 1985 I was on my way to work one morning on my motorcycle. I woke up 4 weeks later in the ICU all bandaged up. The majority of damage was head trama and the doctors were amazed that I not only lived, but was still able to function. I think I spent about 8 months in the hospital and I never once felt any pain or confussion. The only thing I truly remember was being in complete darkness, and to my right there was an enoumous bright white light. I remember thinking to myself, "wow, is that light ever bright, I wonder if you can look into it". When I looked into the light I thought "wow, you can look straight at it", and when I looked into the light I had such a tremendous feeling of love and peace I could never give justice to with a simple explaination.

This did not have a major effect on me for 12 years. For no other reason than to find something, 6 years after the accident I moved across country. In 97 I met a lady and we started dating. Shortly after this, she was diagnosed with cancer that spred rapidly and took her quickly. I was crushed and my own brush

with death came flooding back. I realized how precious life can be, and I made a promiss to live life to it upmost. I packed up 25 years in the manufacturing industry to find life.

Two weeks after the funeral service I returned home from a trip. I joined a 10-pin bowling league two weeks late and there was only one team that needed one bowler. I can still see the first second I laid eyes on her. In 2000 we were married.

In 2001 we rented a limo to celibrate both my birthday, and I had received a US Patent on my vehicle anti-theft system www.theimmobilizer.ca , on the way home the driver fell asleep and crashed into a concretee light pole sending 8 people to the emergency. Once again I suffered head damage to the same spot as 16 years earlier.

In 2003 I started to have seizures and this is when everything changed again. I started to feel like there was a low voltage of energy running through my body and I also felt so incredibly aware of everything. My dreams were very clear and a couple came true, and there are always people in them that I have never met before. I used to think that I must have saw them in passing and my mind remembers them. I still have a hard time beleiving any of this but when there are to many coincedences to ignore, what do you do.

When I was trying to market my invention and was getting depressed I came across a horoscope that seemed to be talking to me. It commented once about a car alaram, once it said, "you helped a friend pass through life, and for that you shall be rewarded. One said, "get off the couch and do this, if you do not do this you will miss the biggest opportunity of your life", another said, "put your product on the market and it will grow". So now I an freeking out, I don't trust buying off the internet, but I found a psychic who offered a free reading, I was stunned at the resluts. I than paid for the full report and was impressed beyond belief.

I can't fully explain any of this, but my views have changed and I am a believer. I guess all you need to do is live through something to understand. I have a picture of my house just before closing in October, and something strange appeared on it, if I can figure out how to post it I will. There is what I can only explain as a cloud form of a persons head.

May 22, 2008, 4:43 pm CDT

I've always wanted info.

I just watched this show & wished I was there. I've lost many people in my family with no answers. I lost my brother 5 yrs. ago & never got a chance to say good-bye. I had a dream shortly after about him. I felt like he was telling me he was close by, although he did not speak. My family has always wanted answers to what had happened. All we know is that he o.d.ed on a few dif. kinds of pills. When my sister was driving him to the hospital, he told her that he knew he went to far & didn't mean for this to happen. He had had his stomache pumped before, but this time it was too late. I want to know if he is still around us & why did he do that? I truely believe in the spiritual world & wonder if my other loved ones have stuck around as well!!

May 22, 2008, 5:02 pm CDT

To the first woman guest on the show

I'm a skeptic also of psychic matters.  When this woman described electrical shocks, as well as the hissing?  (The SSSSSt)?  It reminded me of when I was switched from my anti-depressant Effexor to a generic brand.  I experienced the same shocks and hissing.... Thank God I was able to get back on the 'real' stuff.  I wonder if this ex RN is on anti-depression medication.  That could explain her symptoms.

As for this so called psychic on the show?  Well?  The devil isn't wrong all the time... and thus he preys on the vulnerable.  This woman needs to rebuke evil spirits in the name of Jesus Christ!

May 23, 2008, 3:26 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

What these psycchics see, are no other than demons that steal and copy situation of extreme fear or anger when people confront each other.

We can read in the old testament that this practice was forbidden to the people of Israel and there most be a reason why, the first king of Israel lost his kingdom practicing this kind of things;  this demons confuse  people and make them emotionally weak.

If we are spiritually mature enough we can not believe that there are  human spirits that stay on earth, I think we have to avoid this kind of situations and concentrate in our spiritual connection with God. 

May 24, 2008, 7:56 am CDT

My son is around me

After watching this show, I finally realized that what I have been feeling is my son's presents.  He was killed in 2003 at work.  Life has not been the same since.  My son was 22 at the time of his death.  I have seen and felt some odd things going on in my home and have come to realize that it might be his way of telling me he is near and watching over me.  I never did get to say good-bye or anything to him.  He lived in San Diego and I live in Sacramento.  I came home from work the day he was killed to be told by his best friends parents that my son had been killed that day.  What a horrible day for me and my family. 
I would love to know how he was killed, only he knows for sure.  That would ease a lot of my grief.  

First | Prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last