Message Boards

Topic : 05/15 Psychic Dramas

Number of Replies: 284
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 09, 2008, 03:58:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Some people get spooked by horror films and others by Ouija boards, but are there really ghosts among us? James Van Praagh, a world-renowned medium and co-executive producer of the CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, believes the spirit world is closer than we think. James goes ghost-busting on the Paramount Studios lot with The Insider correspondent, Victoria Recaño. Their discoveries might surprise you. Then, Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress and star of Ghost Whisperer, discusses the unexplained occurrences she encountered on the set. Jennifer plays a medium on the show, but is she a believer in real life? Plus, Diane claims to be haunted by the spirit of a 10-year-old boy. She calls the presence “Jerry” and says he even zaps her hands, arms and legs when he’s angry! Dr. Phil arranges a meeting between James and Diane to see if the medium can communicate with the wayward wraith. You won't believe what James uncovers! Then, Mercedes says she's been addicted to psychics for 12 years and has spent nearly $4,000 a year seeking their advice. She even consulted with six soothsayers to see if she should appear on the Dr. Phil show! Mercedes’ son, Glenn, says he doesn’t need a crystal ball to see that the psychics are taking his mother straight to the cleaners. What does the future hold for Mercedes if she continues down this path? And, James performs readings for a few audience members. Don't miss his startling revelations that bring several people to tears.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 25, 2008, 12:12 pm CDT

skeptics

Reading a large number of Van Praagh skeptics,  have any one of them had a personal encounter with this medium before they blatantly condemn him?  After the brutal murder of my daughter,  James voluntarily came to my other daughter and me for one hour in a foreign country.  In his identification of her, he brought forth minute details of her life and murder as it pertained only to us. These many happenings were obscure and known to no one else in the world.  These instances were totally real.  In addition, he related accurate facts as the spirits of other family members came forward. Both of us are highly trained professionals in the medical field and critical of any questionable or paranormal claims.  We no longer doubt Van Praagh.  It pays to have real knowledge before "blasting" another person.

May 25, 2008, 2:34 pm CDT

taking our energy

I wondered if anyone heard the comment from james about the deceased taking our energy & even giving us illness, like a bad stomach ache.  Does anyone remember why he said the spirits do this?

May 27, 2008, 10:07 am CDT

Van Praagh (A last a sensable mind)

Quote From: brucehlloyd

Reading a large number of Van Praagh skeptics,  have any one of them had a personal encounter with this medium before they blatantly condemn him?  After the brutal murder of my daughter,  James voluntarily came to my other daughter and me for one hour in a foreign country.  In his identification of her, he brought forth minute details of her life and murder as it pertained only to us. These many happenings were obscure and known to no one else in the world.  These instances were totally real.  In addition, he related accurate facts as the spirits of other family members came forward. Both of us are highly trained professionals in the medical field and critical of any questionable or paranormal claims.  We no longer doubt Van Praagh.  It pays to have real knowledge before "blasting" another person.

Bruce I am so delighted that you have posted this experience.  There are a lot of closed minds and you have noticed on this board.

If you read my postings I have been totally frustrated in trying to share my experiences.

I finally gave up.  Have not posted anything here a a long while.  Came over to see if the same bible thumpers were still running the board, and it was so refreshing to read your post.

Such a shame that they are cheating themselves out of many experiences with the higher self.

Glad to hear that you got some resolution about your daughter, and so sorry to hear that you lost your loved one.

God Bless,  Picalina

May 28, 2008, 4:08 pm CDT

SHAME ON YOU...

This is really to express my surprise at Dr. Phil for even having this guest on his show and addressing this topic!!!  I thought he was Christian and my thoughts were confirmed today when I saw Robin clearly wearing a huge cross and they were both giving accolades to some Lutheran foundation.  Come on, Dr. Phil- you know better- this stuff reeks of anti-Christian principles.  You should know that no one can talk to dead people!  This is referred to in the Bible.  Satan is quite deceptive in his ways and he uses many people and means to communicate to us that everyone gets to heaven and everyone that's dead is ok- and that's not always true.  The purpose of this is to let all of us here on earth that are still living know that it's ok to sin and live an un-Godly life because we're still going to all end up in the same, safe place.  That's simply not true and Satan is deceiving us.  People who think they are psychic think they have a gift!  They are being utilized by someone else to commit sins against each other.  I am sorry to say... as much as some of you who are hurting and want to hear from your loved ones who have passed...it's just simply not possible for dead people to "cross over" and speak to us. 

May 28, 2008, 6:45 pm CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: picalina

Bruce I am so delighted that you have posted this experience.  There are a lot of closed minds and you have noticed on this board.

If you read my postings I have been totally frustrated in trying to share my experiences.

I finally gave up.  Have not posted anything here a a long while.  Came over to see if the same bible thumpers were still running the board, and it was so refreshing to read your post.

Such a shame that they are cheating themselves out of many experiences with the higher self.

Glad to hear that you got some resolution about your daughter, and so sorry to hear that you lost your loved one.

God Bless,  Picalina

I am a skeptic concerning these things, but not because I'm a bible thumper. It's probably mainly because I've never had a phychic experience. Or let's say I don't look at things as being phychic. For example, recently I have been thinking about my mother a lot. She died 2 years ago and what with her birthday being in March, then her death anniversary being in April and then Mother's Day, she was on my mind much more than usual. One day I was lying on the couch thinking about her and missing her and out of the blue, I heard her voice say my name. It startled me, didn't scare me. Now the way I see it, I had thought about her so very much that I conjured the whole thing up in my brain. That's my way of thinking.

Years and years ago, 1979, I worked with a young man who was suddenly and tragically killed in an accident. A couple of years later, after I had my first child, I had a dream about this guy. In the dream, my husband and I were driving down the road in our truck and I saw the young man in a phone booth, all dressed in white and a white mustang was parked outside the phone booth. I said to my husband, "Oh, he's never seen the baby, let's turn around and go back and show him" Now to me that wasn't a phychic thing, it's just that I had thought about the guy and how he died and how shocking and tragic it was till my brain conjured up this dream.

I grew up around people who were always having dreams and seeing signs and stuff like that, and for some reason I always rejected the notion of that type of reasoning. I figure life is complicated enough as it is.

Although I do have to say that "hearing" my mother's voice was comforting. And having the dream about the guy who had died did somehow give me some peace of mind. 

May 28, 2008, 10:42 pm CDT

psychic dramas

Quote From: housewife52

I am a skeptic concerning these things, but not because I'm a bible thumper. It's probably mainly because I've never had a phychic experience. Or let's say I don't look at things as being phychic. For example, recently I have been thinking about my mother a lot. She died 2 years ago and what with her birthday being in March, then her death anniversary being in April and then Mother's Day, she was on my mind much more than usual. One day I was lying on the couch thinking about her and missing her and out of the blue, I heard her voice say my name. It startled me, didn't scare me. Now the way I see it, I had thought about her so very much that I conjured the whole thing up in my brain. That's my way of thinking.

Years and years ago, 1979, I worked with a young man who was suddenly and tragically killed in an accident. A couple of years later, after I had my first child, I had a dream about this guy. In the dream, my husband and I were driving down the road in our truck and I saw the young man in a phone booth, all dressed in white and a white mustang was parked outside the phone booth. I said to my husband, "Oh, he's never seen the baby, let's turn around and go back and show him" Now to me that wasn't a phychic thing, it's just that I had thought about the guy and how he died and how shocking and tragic it was till my brain conjured up this dream.

I grew up around people who were always having dreams and seeing signs and stuff like that, and for some reason I always rejected the notion of that type of reasoning. I figure life is complicated enough as it is.

Although I do have to say that "hearing" my mother's voice was comforting. And having the dream about the guy who had died did somehow give me some peace of mind. 

Housewife52,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  Let me first ask you a question, when this voice from your Mother occurred, did you by chance get chills up and down your arms?

The reason I ask this question is because your guides always let you know that what you have heard felt, seen or thought is the truth!  The chills are a way of validating the information as fact on a spiritual level.

Often times in the dream state we are given information, or have visitation from those that have passed on.  I truly believe that the guy that died was letting you know that he was alright.

Even if you have not believed in life after death, or communication from beyond, do stay open minded that you may be coming into a realization for you to consider, and that these are the beginning of the awaking towards the higher self.

Pay attention to the chills.

May 29, 2008, 6:10 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: picalina

Housewife52,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  Let me first ask you a question, when this voice from your Mother occurred, did you by chance get chills up and down your arms?

The reason I ask this question is because your guides always let you know that what you have heard felt, seen or thought is the truth!  The chills are a way of validating the information as fact on a spiritual level.

Often times in the dream state we are given information, or have visitation from those that have passed on.  I truly believe that the guy that died was letting you know that he was alright.

Even if you have not believed in life after death, or communication from beyond, do stay open minded that you may be coming into a realization for you to consider, and that these are the beginning of the awaking towards the higher self.

Pay attention to the chills.

No, I didn't feel any chills, I was just startled. And I waited a minute or two to see if I would hear her voice again. I had the urge to get up and go around to the next room to see if she was there. Because it sounded exactly like her voice saying my name. When I dreamed about the guy that was killed I did have a sense of peace about things and stopped thinking about it so much. I wasn't wondering so much if he was alright, I just kept thinking about the accident. It was a one vehicle accident and the guy was thrown a great distance, it was near a car lot and his head hit one of the cars. I just kept thinking about seeing him in his casket and his head was swollen. It was just a strange thing to come to terms with, because we all left work on a Friday and we all came back to work on the following Monday except him.

I need to tell you, I DO believe in life after death. I am a Christian and my relationship with God is between me and God. I do not believe in pushing my beliefs on anyone else. Being a skeptic has nothing to do with my religious belief.  I was raised around a lot of people who looked for signs and had dreams and like I said, I rejected those things. For example, my grandmother had a saying "Look upon the face of death, never feel your baby's breath." I was very close to my granny and loved her dearly, but I just couldn't buy into that. When I was pregnant with my first child, 2 relatives died during that time and I went to the wakes and funerals. My mother was a little worried about it, and I assured her that it would be o.k., that it didn't make any sense to be afraid of something like that, that it would cripple me emotionally to be THAT afraid.  Anyway it worked out fine. And also, both of my late in-laws believed in "marking" unborn babies. I don't know if you've ever heard of that. That's the belief that if something happens to a pregnant woman, I don't know, uh, say a snake startles her, then somehow the baby will be affected and have a birthmark or something like that.

I just heard so much about signs and dreams and stuff like that, that I slowly rejected the whole notion.

May 31, 2008, 5:07 am CDT

SHAME ON YOU ms.shame on you

Quote From: panda813

This is really to express my surprise at Dr. Phil for even having this guest on his show and addressing this topic!!!  I thought he was Christian and my thoughts were confirmed today when I saw Robin clearly wearing a huge cross and they were both giving accolades to some Lutheran foundation.  Come on, Dr. Phil- you know better- this stuff reeks of anti-Christian principles.  You should know that no one can talk to dead people!  This is referred to in the Bible.  Satan is quite deceptive in his ways and he uses many people and means to communicate to us that everyone gets to heaven and everyone that's dead is ok- and that's not always true.  The purpose of this is to let all of us here on earth that are still living know that it's ok to sin and live an un-Godly life because we're still going to all end up in the same, safe place.  That's simply not true and Satan is deceiving us.  People who think they are psychic think they have a gift!  They are being utilized by someone else to commit sins against each other.  I am sorry to say... as much as some of you who are hurting and want to hear from your loved ones who have passed...it's just simply not possible for dead people to "cross over" and speak to us. 

This backwards thinking has to stop. This is exactly why I stay away from christions. They are not very loving people. they are the chrition telebon that judge everyone aqnd misunderstand the message of the bible.

Yes it is possible to spek with those that have crissed. Otherwise you would not speak to Jesus.

Saten is not real. It is not that things are anti-christion but that christions are anti-many things. Everyone that dies is OK even if they judge others.

I had to leave the church because ther4e were too many things that had happened that the church misunderstands.

Kathryn

May 31, 2008, 5:13 am CDT

05/15 Psychic Dramas

Quote From: jrphilly

What these psycchics see, are no other than demons that steal and copy situation of extreme fear or anger when people confront each other.

We can read in the old testament that this practice was forbidden to the people of Israel and there most be a reason why, the first king of Israel lost his kingdom practicing this kind of things;  this demons confuse  people and make them emotionally weak.

If we are spiritually mature enough we can not believe that there are  human spirits that stay on earth, I think we have to avoid this kind of situations and concentrate in our spiritual connection with God. 

SORRY  you are wrong. Come on Dr. Phil. This kind of thinking is still in the old testament. Jesus came to change that. There are no demons. If we are spritually mature, you do start to experience the gifts of spirit. If you have not yet eperienced this then I sugext that you seek more. All religions have a mystic root that is spirit.

Kathryn

May 31, 2008, 5:19 am CDT

you do not yet understand

Quote From: agape2113

I'm a skeptic also of psychic matters.  When this woman described electrical shocks, as well as the hissing?  (The SSSSSt)?  It reminded me of when I was switched from my anti-depressant Effexor to a generic brand.  I experienced the same shocks and hissing.... Thank God I was able to get back on the 'real' stuff.  I wonder if this ex RN is on anti-depression medication.  That could explain her symptoms.

As for this so called psychic on the show?  Well?  The devil isn't wrong all the time... and thus he preys on the vulnerable.  This woman needs to rebuke evil spirits in the name of Jesus Christ!

there is no devil. it is spoken of to fool the vulnerable. You tell children stories of devils so you can scae them into behving. When people grow up they understand to act respectfully because it is the right thing to do. The devil is like santa. It is a concept story.

Kathryn

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next | Last