Message Boards

Topic : 08/06 Nuptial Nightmares

Number of Replies: 224
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:19:56 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/19/08) Many little girls dream of the perfect wedding day with a fairytale gown, beautiful flowers and their handsome groom, but Dr. Phil's guests say their wedding bells hit a sour note. Amy says the day she and Steve tied the knot turned into a disaster. The sun scorched the guests, then there was a downpour, the wedding arch fell and hit the pastor, and the cake crumbled as they were cutting it. She says it was a huge dream shattered, and she can't move past it. Steve says he had a blast, and Amy needs to lighten up. What does Dr. Phil think? Then, shortly after Mandy and her husband, Kris, said "I do," a three-story deck collapsed, and they and 30 of their family and friends were seriously injured.  Mandy says she left her wedding strapped to a stretcher, and she and Kris spent their wedding night in the emergency room. Although this took place over two years ago, the couple thinks about it every day. How can they overcome their guilt? And, Kurt and Brandi recently renewed their vows because they say they wanted a fresh start to their seven-year marriage. Just months after their ceremony, Kurt filed for divorce when he found out a secret Brandi had been keeping. Will the results of polygraph tests inspire this couple to make their marriage work or end it for good? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 19, 2008, 12:43 pm CDT

Are You Kidding

I cant believe she goes on the show to complain about her wedding- She at least had a place and everything that went along with it- My wedding took place in a hotel that was falling apart and 2 of my friends because I couldnt have any more- I had a boom box for music and my husband didnt have his green card so his brother and his family was the only one there- On top of it my mother picked out the cake and it was  a total mess- My father passed away so my brother in law walked me from one room to the other- Their was no photographers so the pictures were not too good- I didnt get to wear a beautiful dress like I wanted because I had 3 weeks to do this and my mother didnt allow us to do anything- To make mattters worse we ate at this place where all familys were- No honeymoon- So she should stop whinning and get on with it- I could be upset but the main thing was I married the love of my life and I am really happy- To go on Tv so hopefully someone will feel sorry and maybe get a trip out of it is a waste of everyones time-

May 19, 2008, 12:43 pm CDT

Accept it and move on...

To the bride who can't look at any of her wedding video or photos...accept it, be thankful for what you have and move on.  I married the love of my life in New York in October of 1996.  The day started out quite cold and then it started to rain and it became so windy the rain was coming sideways.  We had arranged for a horse-drawn carriage to take us from the church to the reception, which was only 1/2 mile away.  The carriage had two large windows on each side, but no glass in the windows or any way to close them; it was drawn by two Clydesdale horses and it was the longest ride of our lives.  The rain was coming in the windows and we were absolutely soaked by the time we got to the reception.  My ivory shoes were nothing but mud and the bottom hem of my gown was filthy also.  But the entire time we just made the best of it; I was marrying the love of my life and we were just happy.  We went to Canada for our honeymoon and as a result of the weather on our wedding day, and the continuing rain for the rest of the week, I ended up having a sinus infection for our entire honeymoon but again, we just made the best of things.  We were only married for two and a half short years; my husband was killed in the line of duty in a motor vehicle accident and my life was forever changed.  I'm not bitter, I am grateful for the few short years God gave me with my beloved husband.  Nine years after my husband's death, God has brought someone into my life who respects me and also honors my husband's memory. 

May 19, 2008, 12:44 pm CDT

decks, etc.

Anybody who willingly allows eighty people on a wooden deck is out of their minds. There has been an extensive history of all kinds (concrete, wooden, etc.) decks collapsing from being overloaded. If I had been there believe me I would have screaming from the rooftop.

I just returned from a beach house with a deck, and I would not allow all six guests to decend the wooden deck staircase at the same time.

Somebody screwed up bigtime at that wedding and it wasn't the property owner.

(No, I don't own a beach house and have never been involved in a deck collapse)

May 19, 2008, 12:55 pm CDT

comparison

I find it difficult to feel sorry for people who obsess about their wedding day for more than one day. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, look around and realize how lucky you really are. This past week I was blocked from returning to my wheelchair ramp car three times by cars parked illeagally  on the lines next to the handicapped spaces. The last time it was pouring rain, it took an hour for the police to come and move my car, and I had a huge cart full of groceries. By the time I got home and put the groceries away I had begun to realize how lucky I was to be able to have a full cart of groceries and a nice warm mortgage free home with my service dog to welcome me. emilyportia

May 19, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

mandy and kris

You are going to have a blast at the couples resort the one shown on tv was the one in ocho rios we went there 17 years ago on our honeymoon amazing views, super romantic, different restarants, with amazing food, tons of planed  things to do  and by the way the little Island off of the resort is a clothing optional wear lots of sunscreen:)  have a great time you both really deserve it and remember things happen your story was heartbreaking but you are not to blame life happens and sometimes it sucks.

May 19, 2008, 1:13 pm CDT

can you say brat?

you know...this girl really needs  to get over herself! and be lucky she even  had a wedding!!! some of us arent that fortunate to be able to even have one....makes me sick!! get over yourself and be happy you even got a special day!

May 19, 2008, 1:20 pm CDT

nightmare wedding

The first bride needs to get over it, she is just dramic.  I have no bad "drama" of my wedding, I caught on FIRE from the unity candle, the photographer didn't show up on time and didn't have more then 30 pictures, my video shows nothing more then my bridesmaids back, the list goes on and on.  Yet I don't care, I care that my husband and I have a great marriage and that our children are seeing a great marriage. 

May 19, 2008, 1:21 pm CDT

This is not a curse...

Amy needs to realize that her situation was only a matter of several mishaps, not a curse. At my wedding, they delivered the wrong cake, the DJ was late, the photographer was a family member and I hate to say, did a poor job. After everything was over my husband called an abulance becasue I passed out from deadly food poisoning. I was hospitalized for five days and near death, and the family wondered if I woudl pull through.

It ruined our honeymoon to say, but today we look back and thank God for the blessing that the main part happened. I am his Mrs and he is MY man and I am SO blessed... and we laugh now at all the other stuff.

So, get on with life and cherish the things worth holding onto and learn to laugh at yourself. You'll live longer and not be so pessimistic.

May 19, 2008, 1:34 pm CDT

nuptials

I cannot help but think people are forgetting what a wedding is about. Nothing went right about our original plans. It poured rain for three days before the wedding collapsed the tent we were suppose to be getting married in ,was freezing cold-pictures were scheduled for outside,and mud every where.We went to plan a  B ,used the hall we had booked for our reception for everything-ceremony,pictures etc. Guest kept asking me if I was disappointed things went wrong. I said are you having a good time? When they answered yes I'd say then its all good. And it was- I married the person I love more than anything in the world, I had my friends and family there to help me celebrate,it wasn't what we had planned but it was still a perfect day. Just a different perfect than we invisioned.It's not about the accessories it's about the love and being united in that love that is the important thing!!!

May 19, 2008, 1:36 pm CDT

05/19 Nuptial Nightmares

Watching the poor couple who had the deck collapse broke my heart! That TRULY is an awful memory to have. I was going to write about how everyone has a bad wedding story if you dig deep enough, and I too, am sick of these perfect little brides complaining about their million dollar weddings that weren't "perfect." PLEASE! Right before we got married, my father-in-law to be told me every wedding has something you didn't plan on and can't control, and every wedding has something you didn't expect that you will always remember. He was right! We flew our family to Vegas for a wedding that was AMAZING! One of our groomsmen told us, "We might attend 50 weddings in our lifetime, but YOURS is the one we will never forget!" That will ALWAYS be true!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last