Message Boards

Topic : 05/20 The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp

Number of Replies: 464
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:20:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you got a whiny, crying, tantrum-throwing, feet-stomping, door-slamming, spoiled or entitled child? When you ask your child to clean up his or her room does World War III break out? Have you ever thought, Who is running this house, me or my 9-year-old? Four families who say their kids are out of control move out of their madhouse and into The Dr. Phil House. This is no summer camp … it’s Brat Camp! Skylin and Robert are newlyweds with a blended family of five kids. Robert’s two boys, Andrew, 12, and Micah, 8, constantly torment their new sister, Kaitlyn, 8, which causes yelling, crying, screaming and chaos. Helen and Tony recently divorced, but one thing they agree on is that their 9-year-old son, Ethan, lies, steals, cheats and bullies other kids. Lisa says her teen daughter, Haley, is spoiled and unappreciative. Wendy is a single mom who lost her daughter two years ago to brain cancer, and now her 10-year-old son, Noah’s, behavior has spiraled out of control. Are you in a constant battle with your child? It’s time to step up, take back control and create a happy, healthy and peaceful family. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Discuss your views on discipline here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 22, 2008, 4:33 pm CDT

Quote From: yoshiyoshi

Well when he tried to talk to Dr. Phil, and was immediately shut down. He was taught that talking doesn't work.
     I think Dr. Phil did not really shut him down as much as Dr. Phil got the message across to him that he could not control the situation. He seems to do that well with his mom. He wasn't going to get away with that with the Doc...................

August 12, 2008, 10:21 pm CDT

brat camp

watching Brat Camp,within seconds i could see the child that slaped his mother, has aspergers syndrome,which is very high functioning autisim,he speaks the exact same way as my son, you need a expert peiditrition,just changing the words you use will make a huge diference,your angry beacause of the way he doesn't morne his sister ,he doesn't morne her because he can',t that part of his brain is missing,hitting him will not help it just makes it worse, he need military type structure,when you are so mad at him that you just want to kill him,try hugging him instead,it is REALLY hard. but you can make it through,i am hoping that in america there is more help for aspergers than in australia because here there is virtually none.your son if he is diagnosed with aspergers CAN NOT tell a social lie,his school life is probably hell because he can only have one friend at a time and he is bored to tears in the classroom,get him higher learning math,chemestry,science,puzzles.i was horrified that Dr Phill didnt pick it up straight away, its so obvious. As for the little girl with the temper tantrums if she runs to her room and slams the door leave her there! she will come out when she is hungry.the most important thing for parents is to show a united front ,you always back your partner up even if you dont agree with what there doing, talk about it after the children are asleep,have a code word that you can say when you think the other parent is going to far.above all,rember that we all need a rest and a break at some time, dont be afraid to ask for help,if your not coping children will pick up on that and take on the responsibility themselves,the last thing you need is a child that thinks the only way out is to kill him/herself.AND who cares if there room is a mess its the only place they have any control over! eventually they will start to be less messy in there room ,so long as they dont leave a mess over the rest of the house!,parenthood is challenging,it always has been it will never change,i wish you all well in you quest for happness in your home ......my son says huggs make everything better..he is 11.

August 13, 2008, 9:38 pm CDT

05/20 The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp

Quote From: lizzie68

Please tell me that you made a mistake when you wrote this:

KIds on the spectrum behave as if they are entitled to everything and are very difficult to be around.

That is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen written about a child with ASD. I suggest that you do some research and make some adjustments to yourself - your ignorance is showing.

unless you have lived with a child who is on the spectrum you have no idea what it is like

i was  told that my son was blind whe he was born,turns out it was aspergers and the Dr's missed it ,.

by the time he was 10month old he could see he is not spoit ,he is really hard work, if  i explaine why i need him to do a chore he is quite happy to do them,but if you order him,all hellbreaks loose. its really not hard to draw out a daily scedule and explaine why its there,

taking everythng away from  child works, but  it doesnt work with aspergers children. and thescary fact is your children with high functioning autisum are way more intelegent than you.give them some seniormath show them how to work it out and they will get a better result than you every time.

rember when you want to thottle them .....huggs make everything better...

February 6, 2009, 1:10 pm CST

Brat Camp

Has anyone stopped to ask where in the hell are these kids fathers?

First | Prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | Next Page | Last Page