Message Boards

Topic : 05/20 The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp

Number of Replies: 464
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:20:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Have you got a whiny, crying, tantrum-throwing, feet-stomping, door-slamming, spoiled or entitled child? When you ask your child to clean up his or her room does World War III break out? Have you ever thought, Who is running this house, me or my 9-year-old? Four families who say their kids are out of control move out of their madhouse and into The Dr. Phil House. This is no summer camp … it’s Brat Camp! Skylin and Robert are newlyweds with a blended family of five kids. Robert’s two boys, Andrew, 12, and Micah, 8, constantly torment their new sister, Kaitlyn, 8, which causes yelling, crying, screaming and chaos. Helen and Tony recently divorced, but one thing they agree on is that their 9-year-old son, Ethan, lies, steals, cheats and bullies other kids. Lisa says her teen daughter, Haley, is spoiled and unappreciative. Wendy is a single mom who lost her daughter two years ago to brain cancer, and now her 10-year-old son, Noah’s, behavior has spiraled out of control. Are you in a constant battle with your child? It’s time to step up, take back control and create a happy, healthy and peaceful family. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Discuss your views on discipline here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2008, 10:21 am CDT

BRATTY KIDS

NO ,  I  do not  or  never had  uncontroling kids , BUT I  do have a  grandson that  is .   This  child  makes excellent  grades in school  and   loves  sports .  BUT  his temper  flares up and ITS  aLL    OVER  BUT THE CRYING .  

May 17, 2008, 10:38 am CDT

Doctor House Phil Show.

Brat Camp Doctor House One Part Phil. What is a Brat Camp anyway? I never heard of it before. And prob-

ley I never will. See you on Tuesday May 20th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------

May 17, 2008, 11:26 am CDT

need spankings back

Since control of children have been taken from the parents, what do we expect? If they don't like how they are treated, they call children's services and get removed from the parents home.

I don't mean beating a child which is abuse, I mean putting a paddling on the rearend that God put padding on to cushion the blows. Get these kids attention, don't just take away their perks, i.e.cell phone, computer, games, etc.  That does nt work because they have something else to do till you get the idea they are the boss, not you.

I paddled my kids and they are not drug addicts, they are not in prison, nor are they deformed from the spankings.  They are members of society that pay taxes and act like they are suppose to.

In the Bible it says "spare NOT the rod to spoil the child", not to spare the rod and spoil the child. It means that the parent is suppose to discipline the child to make them know the right way.

May 17, 2008, 12:43 pm CDT

Spank Them

I was brought up with the old addage spare the rod spoil the child and I am a happy healthy adult.  These spoiled rotten useless brats today think that they rule the world and if they get disiplined they can have their parents thrown in jail, well thats just plain wrong,  I say bring back corpral punishment and let mom and dad spank their little butts,  I hate going out anymore to shop because of the attitudes these uncontrolled brats cause, I truely wish that stores were divided with child friendly zones and children not allowed as well as resturants hotels/motels and apartments aswell as neighborhoods.  If the parents cant cvontrol their brats dont let them out except to go to school!

May 17, 2008, 1:06 pm CDT

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

I  know how you are feeling moms and dads.     I am raising my grandson that is 7 yrs old , had him since birth. He throws fit after fit with me . I cant wait to see how Dr Phil handles those children. By the way Dr Phil  gIve us older folks that are now raising our grandchildren and there are many of us out there some hints on raising them too. Love the show Dr. Phil !!!!!!!

May 17, 2008, 1:21 pm CDT

Compassion

I see the time growing nearer for the prophet Elijah to return... For he is to set the hearts and minds of the children towards the parents.  The kingdom of God is at hand.  These children today are the choice spirits that Heavenly Father has preserved to send forth now in this the last dispensation, the fullness of times, the Meridian even.

I wan to see the brat camp episode.  I'm sure insights will be abound.

God bless

May 17, 2008, 3:17 pm CDT

It Starts From Day One

Kids don't wake up one day bad, they are only responding to the way they've been allowed to act their entire lives.  Discipline and respect begins on Day One!  These parents overindulge all their children's lives and then wonder why they have problems later.  DUH!  Remember who is the parent and who is the child!

May 17, 2008, 5:08 pm CDT

05/20 The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp

This could be interesting I remember the preview the kid slapping his mother "Be quiet, I am speaking ", my first thought and I'm not kidding, " They wouldn't find the body ", then after the knee jerk, I thought, hmm how did the kid get this way in the first place. Now I'm sure we'll hear ADHD be brought up (raised two boys with this disorder, and nope, ADHD is NOT synomous with this type of behavior ).
Is Mom parenting out of guilt ? Or has the boy never LEARNED no hitting, or that kind of backtalk ? How have the adults in his life modeled appropriate behavior, are they the parents who go into a store or retaurant bully the staff, yell at service personel for no other reason than they KNOW that service provider has no recourse or they lose their job ?  Are these the parents that SCREAM at a teacher because the teacher had the NERVE to fail their precious child ?
More seriously, has he learned from the male role models in his life, that this is the way we treat women, or anyone who has the NERVE to not "Toe the Line ", so to speak, and is Mom too tired or too much of a wimp to be the parent he NEEDS, if he needs counselling, then you take him.
How much good are these camps really, if there is nothing in place to change the home environment for these kids to come home to.
I am also tired of these parents that allow their kids to run wild then scream foul when their kids become unruly teens, then instead of being parents, we just send them away and let someone else fix them.

May 17, 2008, 6:33 pm CDT

OMG

when i saw the preview of the brat boy hitting his mom and telling her he's talking burnt me up. If it had been my son he'd gotten the spanking and grounding of a lifetime. if that don't work then i'd send him to juvy for a while.

May 17, 2008, 6:39 pm CDT

Great Job Dr. Phil Team!

This is going to be a great show!  Now we can finally see some of those Family First techniques everyone has been raving about.  Thank you Dr. Phil team!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last