Message Boards

Topic : 05/21 Grandpa Returns: The Aftermath

Number of Replies: 488
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:23:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
In a dramatic two-day series, Dr. Phil investigated allegations of child sexual abuse with a grandfather, his daughter and his grandson. Now, the family is back. Sherie-Lynn faces her father, Al, for the first time since his polygraph test indicated deception. She says she feels a weight has been lifted since the show, but she still wants him to admit that he molested her son. And, Sherie-Lynn’s mom, Elaine, says she believes her daughter and the polygraph, so why does she continue to live with Al? Plus, the horror and heartbreak within this family has taken its toll on Sherie-Lynn and Todd’s marriage. Are they headed for divorce court? Can this family in turmoil ever find peace and closure? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

Are you or someone you love a victim of childhood sexual abuse? Find support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 16, 2008, 2:31 pm CDT

I can't wait to see this one!

I hope that the grandpa will just admit to sexually abusing Parker this time. We all know he was lying and it's time to tell the truth!! He makes me sick and one thing I don't understand is WHY IS HE NOT IN JAIL???????????? Apparently he isn't considering he is back on the show. That's sickening.

May 16, 2008, 3:15 pm CDT

DISBELIEF

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THESE PEOPLE HAVE NOT HAD CHARGES PRESSED AGAINST THEM FOR WHAT THEY DID TO THEIR DAUGHTER. I REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE DAUGHTER COULD ALLOW HER SON TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM WITH THIS MAN KNOWING WHAT HE DID TO HER. SHE LET HIM STAY THE NIGHT AT HIS HOUSE. PERSONALLY I THINK THEY ARE ALL GUILTY OF THIS CRIME. NOT JUST THE GRANDFATHER BUT ALSO THE GRANDMOTHER AND THE DAUGHTER FOR SUPPLYING HIM WITH HIS VICTIM!

May 16, 2008, 4:22 pm CDT

he cant believe in god

i cant believe this guy has the nerve to show his face in public after admitting to the abuse of his daughter and there is no doubt in my mind he did the same thing to his grand son Dr Phil people like him make me sick cause i have had someone in my family abused by a relative and to this day he says he didnt do it but pleaded guilty to rape and you know the sad thing is if i cant believe you would plead guilty to something like that if you didnt do it just like grandpa there he to thinks that believeing in god makes everything alright but i would like to tell grandpa it takes honesty to get forgivness from god cause he already knows what you did to those innocent people you make me sick i could not even stand to be in the same room with you let alone in the same state

May 17, 2008, 1:09 am CDT

Time to tell the truth

Like Dr Phil says you can't fix what you don't acknowledge.  Until this monster admits to what he has done it will be next to impossible for healing in this family.  I think it would be best for the daughter to cut this man totally out of her life.  He is smug and arrogant and sees nothing wrong with what he has done.  The only good thing I have seen come out of this show is the world knows who he is and parents can avoid him and keep their children safe in the future.  What disgusts me most is how he said on the last show that he wants to work at a church camp with children.  I hope the leaders in whatever church he attends will have the wisdom to keep him away from children.  Also I wonder how many other victims he has that have not come forward.  It is very hard to believe his daughter is the only one.

May 17, 2008, 6:08 am CDT

Grandpa?????

I am astounded that Grandpa is still on the loose!  What happened to Dr. Phil calling in the authorities to 'protect those children'?  Grandma should be brought up on charges also for allowing this to go on ---if she could convince anyone she never knew about this she sure does now.....she is an accomplice==== by sitting there looking stupid she is also guilty --- why isn't she calling the cops? 

MORE IMPORTANT---this woman swears her father has abused her for how many years and yet she allowed her only child to be left in their care?   What is wrong with her?  She should be charged with indangerment of a child also. 

I think the entire senerio smacks of money---it was easier for everyone to allow Grandpa to continue so no one had to get a job that suported themselves or lost their free babysitter while they ran around. 

I only feel sorry for the boy who will have a miserable life because of this family.

May 17, 2008, 9:39 am CDT

05/21 Grandpa Returns: The Aftermath

Wow, another sad show.  I hope the cops get this guy and I hope dr phil can help the family.  I look forward to watching.

May 17, 2008, 10:11 am CDT

Grandpa Returns!

I know the family needed to come back for healing, but I hope after the show Gramdpa goes to jell.

He is never going to tell the truth, to the family or anyone else.

He needs to go to jail, but will that help? It is sad one is going to win here. 

Just a lot of hurt and how is the grandson going to turn out after all this, let alone the daughter.

Sad-- Sad-- Sad

May 17, 2008, 10:38 am CDT

Why is he not in prison?

I agree with all the other posts.  Why is this horrible, sick, lying SOB not in jail?  I cannot believe he has the nerve to show his face in public, least of all on TV?  What he admitted doing to his daughter as a baby is so sick I would have killed him for that!  The wife is just plain dumb to stay with this creep.  There is NO cure for this man because he won't even admit he is guilty.  SHAME on him, SHAME on his wife, SHAME on the daughter for leaving their son alone with Mr. Sicko!  I'm not sure I can stomach watching this show.  They all disgust me.  Why has the molester not been arrested??? 

May 17, 2008, 10:42 am CDT

Hang you head

I physically became ill when I saw this show.  I think I was more upset that he seemed to be enjoying it with all his smiles and laughter.  I would love to hear what happened to him when he got home, how did his church receive him, how did neighbors receive him?

I think that I was so upset at this wife that if I had been there I would have told her she was as much an abuser then her husband was.

My x husband remarried and his wife had a daughter.  He sexually abused her, and she bailed him out of jail and kept him at there home while her daughter had to go and live with a relative.  After he got out of jail she did the same thing.  I do not understand, how can anyone do that.  I would bring him home and when he went to sleep, he would wake up with his manhood gone. 

He has since passed away and I know that he is probably living a wonderful life in HELL.

And I quite sure that when his wife dies she will be joining him.

I had two sons with him and they are grown with children of there own, I know that there fathers behavior

has left the fear of not knowing if they were abused, I think not as he was rarely with them alone, but in the back of there minds it stays with them and also me.

I know that this woman is hurting but I also think she should stop crying and carrying on and turn him into the authorities and make him go to prison for the rest of his horrid life.

May 17, 2008, 10:46 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

After Doctor Grandpa Math Part Phil Return The Three.  I have seen this before last couple weeks back-----

in May of 2008. See you on Wednesday May 21st, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last