Message Boards

Topic : 05/21 Grandpa Returns: The Aftermath

Number of Replies: 488
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:23:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
In a dramatic two-day series, Dr. Phil investigated allegations of child sexual abuse with a grandfather, his daughter and his grandson. Now, the family is back. Sherie-Lynn faces her father, Al, for the first time since his polygraph test indicated deception. She says she feels a weight has been lifted since the show, but she still wants him to admit that he molested her son. And, Sherie-Lynn’s mom, Elaine, says she believes her daughter and the polygraph, so why does she continue to live with Al? Plus, the horror and heartbreak within this family has taken its toll on Sherie-Lynn and Todd’s marriage. Are they headed for divorce court? Can this family in turmoil ever find peace and closure? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

Are you or someone you love a victim of childhood sexual abuse? Find support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2008, 10:48 am CDT

Dear Sheri Lyn

I am sorry to hear this story.  I wish I could have stopped this from happening to you and your son.  I did a talk show with the hopes of letting sexual abuse survivors know that they aren't alone.  I know that there are going to be alot of critical responses to your story and I am sorry.  They just don't understand how truly devastating this abuse really is.  They don't understand how it could make a person check out emotionally.  I don't think  you can understand how it feels unless you have been there.  You feel like an outsider looking in on a television show as the story unfolds and feel powerless to do anything about it.  It isn't until you really come to terms with and have dealt with what has happened that you begin to gain your power one small step at a time.  Don't beat yourself up for where you were.  That was then this is now.  You finally have some power back.  Take it,  It is yours to claim.  You will need it to help you deal with helping your son through his emotional struggles.  He will grow from watching his Mom gain her power back.  This is not easy.  Just get all the support you can.  I found that it helps.  I want you to know that I get you and that you are not alone.  Sending lots of love and support, Phoebe

May 17, 2008, 11:05 am CDT

Outrage!

This was one of the most disturbing show I have ever watched!  I hope the next ones end in Dr. Phil calling the authorities, like he says he will do.  Please, please help this little innocent boy!

May 17, 2008, 11:43 am CDT

Put that man away!

It seems odd to say that I'm glad to see these people back on the show, but considering how appalled I was that no resolution was reached the last time, I think it's a necessity.  It was all I could do to watch the two previous episodes, but I was compelled to do so in hopes that this obscene person would be put away.  As others have said, I'm surprised he's walking around a free man.  I hope to god that this episode leads to him being brought to justice.  I've seen two people in recent memory who look like the devil incarnateGrandpa and George W Bush.  Surely we'll get to see at least one of them get the punishment they deserve.

May 17, 2008, 11:43 am CDT

Grandpa returns

Quote From: hnmsc5kids

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THESE PEOPLE HAVE NOT HAD CHARGES PRESSED AGAINST THEM FOR WHAT THEY DID TO THEIR DAUGHTER. I REALLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW THE DAUGHTER COULD ALLOW HER SON TO BE IN THE SAME ROOM WITH THIS MAN KNOWING WHAT HE DID TO HER. SHE LET HIM STAY THE NIGHT AT HIS HOUSE. PERSONALLY I THINK THEY ARE ALL GUILTY OF THIS CRIME. NOT JUST THE GRANDFATHER BUT ALSO THE GRANDMOTHER AND THE DAUGHTER FOR SUPPLYING HIM WITH HIS VICTIM!
Sherri-Lynn didn't only let Parker spend one night, he stayed there several nights while she was doing who knows what.  That was never discussed.  All of them should be charged with child abuse.  And Sherri-Lynn can quit with the hysterics.  What a drama queen.   I hope Dr. Phil has the guts to have Parker removed from the entire family.

May 17, 2008, 11:56 am CDT

i so feel for the daughter...but why leave her son alone with him?

I lived this life and still am...My father has never been punished or had to pay in any way in fact he just told his new wife that i asked for way to much when i was young(i never asked for anything he gave to 1 keep me quiet and 2 his guilt)...I can not stand to watch that man act so riotous undergod he really makes me sick and i hope that the poor little boy gets help and can lead a better life...also please please try to keep your marraige togther sherri dont let your past destroy your future.

May 17, 2008, 12:07 pm CDT

Work thru it

I understand the stress on the couple during this. My wife and I had to work thru a similar situation from our childhoods. We were both molested as children. We have worked together and talked with each other and pushed thru it. I hope the love they have for each other is stronger than the issue she has as a child and they need to pull together and be there for their son. As far as, Grandpa. well he should be held accountable for what he did. As far as, I'm concerned he doesn't have the right to be a grandpa or a daddy just a sperm donor for a wonderful daughter who has a wonderful son. Her mother needs to wake up and realize she is with a child molester and needs to get as far away from him no matter what.

May 17, 2008, 12:10 pm CDT

I so AGREE with you

Quote From: sahmto2girls

I hope that the grandpa will just admit to sexually abusing Parker this time. We all know he was lying and it's time to tell the truth!! He makes me sick and one thing I don't understand is WHY IS HE NOT IN JAIL???????????? Apparently he isn't considering he is back on the show. That's sickening.

This man is DANGEROUS!!! He should NOT be out walking among us. Are we not putting our

children in harms way, by this pervert not being locked up??? I don't get it!!!! This child did

not get this way on his own!!!! Of course this sicko molested this child. So, he comes on to

admit something that anyone person with an ounce of common sense KNOWS that he is

GUILTY!!!!! Like he's finally admitting it????  So, pray tell me what difference is this going to

make??? He goes to counseling??? All the counseling in the world does NO GOOD, because

these sicko's are this way for life. Show me just ONE, that has changed and I'll show you the

WORLD'S biggest liar. The fact is they don't change and they ALL need to be put away on a

desert island where no child exists. And, for this Mother and grandmother to still continue to

live with this man, is beyond my understanding and anyone out there. Both should be locked

up for she has protected this sicko, so he could continue his sick game. I hold this grandmother

to blame as well. And for the mother to leave her child with someone that had abused her, is

insane!!!!!! The FIRST time this child started this behavior, then HELLO!!!! he  WAS MOLESTED!!!

Like where else would he have gotten it, spending so much time with the past molester???

Where is common horse sense when you need it???? The whole lot of them are to blame for

this poor child, who will have an undoubtably difficult life. I so PRAY for this child and all the

others just like him. SO PLEASE PLEASE LOCK THIS MAN UP ONCE & FOR ALL!!!!! Berdenia

May 17, 2008, 12:56 pm CDT

Grandpa Returns

I cannot wait to watch this!

May 17, 2008, 1:13 pm CDT

He's back ! ???

He's back ?

The scum bum is back!

What's the time lapse on this show from the last?

Where are the criminal charges, are they pending?

And Elaine, Elaine, please tell me you're not still in the house with him.

Elaine?

This show will be a must see.

May 17, 2008, 2:19 pm CDT

05/21 Grandpa Returns: The Aftermath

Quote From: sahmto2girls

I hope that the grandpa will just admit to sexually abusing Parker this time. We all know he was lying and it's time to tell the truth!! He makes me sick and one thing I don't understand is WHY IS HE NOT IN JAIL???????????? Apparently he isn't considering he is back on the show. That's sickening.
I agree.... I also wonder where in the heck the mother's head is..... she's enabling his behavior by staying with him.  He's a liar and a predator..... the mother should leave  him and he should be carted off to jail for the remainder of his miserable lying life. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last