Message Boards

Topic : 05/21 Grandpa Returns: The Aftermath

Number of Replies: 488
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:23:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
In a dramatic two-day series, Dr. Phil investigated allegations of child sexual abuse with a grandfather, his daughter and his grandson. Now, the family is back. Sherie-Lynn faces her father, Al, for the first time since his polygraph test indicated deception. She says she feels a weight has been lifted since the show, but she still wants him to admit that he molested her son. And, Sherie-Lynn’s mom, Elaine, says she believes her daughter and the polygraph, so why does she continue to live with Al? Plus, the horror and heartbreak within this family has taken its toll on Sherie-Lynn and Todd’s marriage. Are they headed for divorce court? Can this family in turmoil ever find peace and closure? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

Are you or someone you love a victim of childhood sexual abuse? Find support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 17, 2008, 5:39 pm CDT

05/21 Grandpa Returns: The Aftermath

Quote From: manofgoods

I don't think that Dr. Phil would attack the mother for leaving the child because she was obviously still really messed up from her own abuse she had never dealt with or been treated for. No matter how many years go on by, people like her who have been molested as a child will have these kinds of problems, & it doesn't go away easily, plus of course, people like her make bad mistakes & decisions like that, & she's definitely NOT a drama queen. She's already been through enough problems & she has already made a mistake of leaving her child with her parents because she wants to try to forget all of this & move on from it. So give her a break. Both her & Parker are the victims throughout all of this. I'm anxious to see what happens next.

I like many others have been raped, you are right it doesn't go away easily, but many and I say many, make sure that it doesn't happen to our children.  Has anyone stop to think that the grandfather went through the same when he was a child. Not making an excuse for him. But alot of people are defending sherie lynn, I do feel for her, but she put her son in the same abuse that she went through. As a rape victim no I will not give her a break. She knew better.  I get so tired of people blaming the past on why they are the way they are today.  She is the one who ruined her sons life by letting him around her father. She should go to prison as should her father and mother. Being raped at the age of three and then at five by three older males,  I knew I would never let my children go through what I did.  What do you mean people like her make bad mistakes and decisions? All people make bad mistakes and decisions.  I have made mistakes but not because I was raped but because I am human.

May 17, 2008, 5:42 pm CDT

I believe that "Grandpa" knew excactly what he was doing and that it was wrong.  I think he is in so much denial that he believes his own lies.  Four and half years ago my grandfather was caught masterbating with my then 8 year old daughter on his lap.  I myself called the local police and had him arrested and prosecuted.  I thought that the sun rised and set on this man.  I just hope that this mans daughter has all the courage in the world to have this man prosecuted! I believe strongly in my heart with Dr.Phil's help that she will succeed in doing just that!! I wish her, her son and husband all the best that life has to offer them.

May 17, 2008, 6:48 pm CDT

Grandpa

No - the family will never find peace.  Not while they are all in contact.  Elaine staying with her husband Al knowing what he did - I class as a 'passive abuser'.

The daughter is much the same really - letting her son near her father - knowing what he did to her.

The daughter's husband - well this is all too much - probably best he 'bale out' as this issue won't sort itself out - not while they are all in contact.

Best thing is the daughter 'seperates' physically and emotionally from her parents. And maybe she will have learnt her lesson. 

Protect your children from perverts - especially when you actually know who that person is.

May 17, 2008, 6:53 pm CDT

Please, Please, Please, ask the question people

I just want Grandpa to go back on that lie-detector machine and see if he touched his son's kids as well.  I kept thinking during the last show, why didn't they ask if he was touching his son's children.  They are currently watching those children, right.  ASK!  PLEASE ASK the question so those children can be in a safe place.  I really think Sherie-Lynn's brother is in some deep denial.  Me, if there was any question of dear dad's behavior, those kids would have been permanately pulled out of that house.  Sherie-Lynn's brother seems so defensive of his dad (a.k.a. Grandpa) that I bet his kids are still there being watched by his grandparents. 

And, PLEASE, could someone offer Grandma an alternative place to stay.  It's obvious she's a bit daft, and has NO LIVING SKILLS.  She's still living with her husband, because she can't live on her own.  That's why she married the man...he's controlling...he takes care of everything...even her thoughts.  Give the woman a list of transitional houses to provide practical living skills.  Yeah, Grandma you might have to actually work for a living.  But, think of the alternative.  Grandpa is a child molester.

May 17, 2008, 7:09 pm CDT

Grandpa returns......

Dr Phil .....I am a so called survivor of Child abuse I don't think you ever get over it. It affects all aspects of my life. From relationships with partners to relationships with children I am so aware of how I am treated and how to treat them.

I was so sickened with the whole family situation. The mother should have known to protect her child from the start. The only thing she can do now is seek help for her and her son.....and prosecute her father and mother to the fullest extent of the law.

Now her husband needs to step back and hopefully understand whats going on. It is frustrating because Grandpa is psychotic, thinks he can run to God and be Forgiven for any wrong doing. I find it frustrating I want to smack him and shack him. But hopefully he learns to stand beside her until this is over....which can take years.

Dr. Phil ...Please have the Police standing outside the studio also the DA of this families town. You should tape everything this man says from the moment he walks into the Green Room on the stage and during the commercial breaks....and hand that to them.....

Please do not let them get away with this .....it will haunt them like my abusers got away with it. They haunt me to this day ......

May 17, 2008, 7:12 pm CDT

THIS IS HORRIBLE

Did these people stop and thinks what this poor little boy will have to go through when he get older or even now i am so sad for this little boy and for his parents not to do  anything i wonder if they are just making a big fuss about it on TV and not gonna do anything.. if this would EVER happen to my children i would trow the sorry S.O.B in jail if he would still be alive after my husband got a hold of him this is horrible.And for him to come back to clear his name  for 1 why is this man not in jail and the grandma to  because she new about it but turned the other shoulder and 2nd what could this man have good to say to make him look any better i cant wait to watch this and she the shame and guilt in his eyes ...

May 17, 2008, 9:36 pm CDT

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT

AS A CHILD I WAS ABUSED FROM 2 YEAR'S OLD TIL I LEAVE AT 15 YEAR'S OLD

I KNOW THIS MAN IS LIEING ,MY DAD SAID WORD FOR WORD LIKE HIM

IT WAS LIKE SEEING MY DAD AGAIN!!!!

May 17, 2008, 9:38 pm CDT

Quote From: lucie02

I feel so sad for the child and the mother.If you have never been in a abusive situation you will never understand how the mother must feel.She will never forget no matter how old she is.She will vividly have dreams and nightmares about her father who was supposed to love her  and protect her. I personally know how she feels.The father needs to be in jail but it will be easy for him he leaves his victims behind
their lives destroyed.

HI YOU ARE VERY RIGHT ABOUT THIS

ROSE MARY

May 17, 2008, 9:42 pm CDT

Why isn't this man in jail?

I watched the first 2 programs and it took me days to not want to look this man up myself......Sherie- Lynn has got to start getting herself and her family well.  Pressing charges and having him in jail would be a great start.  I don't even know what to say about Momma....I would have dropped that man like a bowling ball the day my child was 2 weeks old!!!

I did notice that Sherie- Lynn would pull away from her husband when he tried to comfort her, she needs to reach our to him not push him away.  She needs his strength right now because she can't get through this by herself.

Please Sherie- Lynn don't alow your father to screw up the rest of your life.  Put the perv in jail and get help for you, your child, and your husband....become a family, and prove that you can overcome no matter what you have been through.

My prayers are with you and your family.....seek help and don't feel bad for having him locked up because he will hurt another child and you can't live with that.

Let Dr. Phil help you, listen to everything he has to say.  He knows these situations and he knows the help you need to get.

Good Luck and God Bless You

May 17, 2008, 9:45 pm CDT

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

HOW MUCH AIR TIME ARE WE GOING TO GIVE THIS MAN????????  HE IS A FREAK THAT NEEDS TO QUIT CALLING THE LORDS NAME OUT!  IT HAS TO ANGER GOD TO NO END.  WHAT DID THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT THE LITTLE CHILDREN?!

FESS UP GRANPA, AND DO THE TIME!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last