Message Boards

Topic : 05/22 Cults?

Number of Replies: 108
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:24:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Imagine living in an extreme religious group where your every move is controlled. Dr. Phil recently examined the aftermath of the raid on the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and now he shines a spotlight on one woman who says she left a religious sect and struggles with life in the outside world. Anna says she was trying to get herself “right with God” when she joined Tony Alamo ministries in 1989. In 2000, she escaped what she calls a cult with her seven children. But her troubles didn’t end there. Her ex-husband visited the family several years ago in December, and Anna let him take four of their kids Christmas shopping. She hasn’t seen them since. Dr. Phil put private investigator Harold Copus on the case. You won’t believe what his search yields. Then, Dr. Phil asks Anna if she uses corporal punishment on the children currently living with her. Anna denies abusing her kids, but what do  Dr. Phil cameras placed in her home show? Why did Child Protective Services remove her kids from the home? Nearly two months have passed since Anna spoke with Dr. Phil, and she still doesn’t have her children back. What does the future hold for this anguished mom, and will her family finally be reunited? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 22, 2008, 5:38 pm CDT

I agree 100%

Quote From: nasale

But I don't think she was acting 'selfish' per se, she was reacting badly to an out- of- control situation. I think her emotions are really messed up. That may be why she cries like that. It would be very hard, to be fair, to sit in front of someone who is as intimidating as Dr. Phil and NOT cry when he's asking the tough questions. That poor woman is one big mess and I'm sure she will get the help she needs now.  With all the stressors she has, she needs all the kind words, compassion and friends she can get. She's not 'evil,' she's just lost. There but for the grace of God.....
You hit it right on the head, girlfriend!!  I did not believe those tears were real for one skinny minute.  I have another post expressing pretty much what you said as well.  I, too, am shocked that Dr. Phil didn't take note of that - let me rephase that...........he probably did take note of it, and just to be fair is going to give this woman an opportunity to at least ask for help.  Personally, I don't think she wants the help.  This was all for show - the fake tears, the fake expressions, did you see how her eyes darted all over the place? Even her hands and legs and their movements showed her lying.   And for her to have more children is pitiful.  All I can say is SHAME ON HER!  You are not a mother - never were, and never will be.  SHAME ON YOU for thinking you are even close to being a good mother.  You should be locked up!

May 22, 2008, 5:55 pm CDT

If I may say so factually

Quote From: truth_hurts

having spent many years as a *christian*...believing it, learning it, teaching it, living it...coming to the true knowledge of understanding in *what* and *who* 'god'  is has set me free from the grasps of an idealistic and systematically 'taught' belief.....*christianity* is just as much a *cult* as those that are labeled as such!
 There is  some  more  facts  if  I  may  add  to  what  you  have  said ,  however  there  is  for  some  a  big  difference  in  having  a  religion  and  exsperiencing  just  religion  and  having  a  personal deep  rooted  belief  in Jesus .  I  wont  make  this  personal  I  will  just  state  what  I believe facts  reveal It   may  help  some  grasp  what defines a  cult  as  yes  there  is  great  actual  factual  truth to  what  you  have  stated  yes  even  "christianity"   I   learned  that  for  myself  as  a  beginner  in  faith .

The  greatest  threat  to  the  future  of  the  world  has  been  said  to  be "religion" .
Nuclear  weapons ,  terrorism, SARS,  shifting  Governments ,  military  coups ,and  Aids  are  simply  tools  used  by  "religion"  More  wars  have  been  fought  in  the  name  of  religion  than  any  other  influence .Millions  have  died over  the  past  2,000  years  under  the  destructive  hand  of  religious  zeal.  Misplaced  and  misguided  religious  passion  has produced  such  historical  scars  as the  CRUSADES ,  the  INQUISITION,  ETHNIC  CLEANSING, and  the  horrors of  the  HOLOCAUST  .

why ?  is  religion  so  powerful and  controlling ?  why ?  is  it  more  powerful  than  polotics? 
military  arms  and  scientific advancements ? 

BECAUSE  ...  RELIGION  ...  IS  NOT ....   just  a  social  ,  cultural ,  political,   or  ideological  factor ;

INSTEAD  ,  it  finds  its power  in  the  personal  chambers of  the  soul  of  the  individual .

within  the  soul  is  where  you  can  discover  the  source  of  the  private  motivation  that forms  perceptions  and  behavior . 

man  is  more  willing  to  die  for  the  sake  of  his  religion  than  for  any  political ,social ,  or  ideological  reason .   Religion  is  as  old  as  mankind
every  culture  no  matter  how  old  or  far  removed  has  developed some  form  of  religion ,and  practice  of  it .   In  attempts  to  satasfy  a  elusive  vacuum  in  the  pit  of  the  human  soul .
crying  out  for  reason  purpose  and  significance  .

what is  it  that  humankind  searches  for  that  we  can't  define ? 
there  is  nothing  more  powerful  actually  than a  ideal ,  if  you  think  deeply about  it ,and  its  grand connection  to  religions  and  mans  long  search  for  that  something  we  can  not  define .
when  a  ideal  is  conceived  it  is  called  a  thought ,  when  a  thought  is  concieved  it  is  called  a  concept .  Concepts  are  the  material  that  dreams  are  made  of , and  they  serve  for  the  substance  for  liveing  and  interpreting  life .

Everything  have  made  or  invented  was  first  preceded  by  a  ideal . Inventions  are  often  called  ones  "  brain  child"     King  solomon  wrote  3,000 years  ago  the  profound  words  "as  a  man  thinks  so  is  he "     YOU  ARE   and  BECOME YOUR  CONCEPTS  ....  CHOOSE  WISELY  ...

who  you  are  is  estimated  by  the  NATURE  of  YOUR  SELF  CONCEPTS ...  thats  reality 
however  God  does  not  operate  by  concepts  he  operates  by  "  precepts"  a  precept  is  a  original  ideal . 

and  in  religions  Error  is  a  product and a result  of  what  is  called  MIS CONCEPTIONS  so  in  reality  the   the  reciever  MIS  UNDERSTOOD  the CONCEPT  OF  THE  SENDER

thats  why  ?  God  sent  his  only  begotton  son
and  he  had  direct  opposition  to  the  days  religious  rule  of  order
they  screamed  " crucify  Him"   yet  he  did  not  go  there  so  man  could  follow  religion , or  make  new  ones  to  control  the  people .  His  purpose  was  "original"  as  MIS  UNDERSTOOD AS  HE  WAS ,  the  concepts  were  conveyed . 

However  the  question  confronts  mankind it  does ,
this  internal  soul  searching  irratation .
there  must  be  a  reason
reality  obviously  implies  that  something  is  LOST .
It  is  impossable  to  search  for  nothing
something  we  previously  posessed  is  missing
so  is  the  search  for  a  choice  or  a  nesessity ? 
I  am  certian  many  millions   not  to  mention  solomon  spent  their  lives  on  the  great  search 
I  believe  if  you  identify  the  need  it  would  come  down  to  "domination"  humans  are  that  way  by  natural  desighn  obviously .
It  is  extroidinarily  intriuguing that creation  initiated  the  concept  of  ruler  or  rulership and  God  called  the  created  realm  domain  heaven ,  humans  by  divine  desighn  were  created  for  dominion  over God  made  it  that  way .   And religion  can  only  point  the  way  TO
It  can  not  do  what  his  word  mysteriously  does , yes  I  agree words are  powerful
and  Dr. Phil  pointed  out  to  this  woman  that  actual  physical  beatings  do  less  damage  than  actual  WORDS  ,  is  it  any  wonder  people  are  so  messed  up  when  in  fact  it  is  written  in  the  beginning  was  the  word  and  the  word  was God  Gods  love  letter  to  mankind  is not  some  ritual  he  wants  or  exspects  people  to  go  perform  for  him on  sunday  morning  If  you  believe  that  you  have  missed  the  boat  bigtime
It  is  obvious  that  what  is  said  about  the  beginning and  the  WORD  is  extremely  vital  to  the  soul  of  man .  If  I  mis  use  my  words  I  can  destroy  everyone  and  everything around  me eventually ,  yet  if  I  USE  HIS WORD  properly  as  desighned I  can  accomplish  GREAT  THINGS  UNTOLD THINGS , and INCREDIBLE  THINGS .  Yes  words   have  power . we act  as  if  words  are  VISABLE and  scream  where  are  you  GOD !!  when  factually  GODS  WORD as  invisable  to  most  as  words  are  has  been  ALL ALONG ,  the  chooseing  wisely  for  me  has  been  in  the  lifelong  great  search  and  I  have  found  that  when  it  comes  to  self , God  takes no  captives  , no  one  is  hostage , he  can  not  abide  in  a  captive  self ,  only  a  surrendered  one ,  so  I  surrender  my  own  ways  and  words  and  take  up  his ,  thats  not  what  religion  taught  me ,  that  come  naturally  by  reading  WORDS  you  know  those  powerful  invisable  things  we  use  to  comminicate  and  to  convey  our  thoughts  hopes  desires  and  intentions .  Good  intentions  count  for  little  words  count  for  a  lot  and  people  can  use  there words  to  help  or  to  hurt  to  bring  life  or  death  its  all  in  the  power  of  a  least  but  might  member  called  the  tongue ,  learn  to  bridle  and  tame  that  you  can  master  anything!!!!    I  think  for  many  when  we  use  our  own  words  we  fall  on  our  own  swords .  I  will  take  Gods  word  for  that ,  I  am  not  some  captive  hostage  , yet  I  surely  in  no  other  WORD OR  WORDS OTHER  THAN  GODS   found  that  something  undefinable  , by  which  life  flows  like  a  eternal  river  through  me  in  me  and  it  washes  my  selfish  stinking  thinking down  the  drain , I  dont  remember  exact  how  I  stoped  acting  behaveing  and  being  a  total   eeeeew  not  good  person  at  all .  I  just  know  it  begin  with  words ,  not  mine  or  what  others  had  said  to  me ,  somehow  it  did  the  most  phenomenal  thing !!!  wow  I  guess  words  does  matter .    And  so  for  me  facts  are  that  in  addition  to  Gods  purpose his  word  is  intended  to  produce  a  commonwealth  of  likeminded  citizens   .....  NOT  MEMBERS  OF  A  RELIGION .

all  those  following  some  man  and  what  he  alludes  to  has  missed  the  boat  and  is  infected  by  idolatry   

not  God  or  his  WORD  . His  word  produces  eternal  life ,  not  internal  turmoil
so  in  the  beginning  could  redefine  every search  
never  misunderstand  that  words  dont  have  power 
even DR  Phil  knows  that

we  all  dont  have  to  wrestle with  a  sense  of  dignified  slavery to  the  institutions of  our  societies
some  words  simply  do  phenomenal  things
and  others  words  fall  to  the  floor , and  bring  a  sense  of  cheapened  lip  service
I  dont  follow  man  religion  or  words  that  only  produce  a  loud  clinging  cymbal .
religion  will  never  satisfy   that  something undefinable

but  Gods  word  has  at  least  for  me  it  has .  when  I  look  back  at  my  life and  self when  I  used  my  words  I  think   eeeeew EEEEW!!   life  begats  life  words  can  matter  more  than  most  ever  know  . nothing  happens  without  words ,  I  see  the  woman  as  her  own  enemy  , her  words  have  created  a  self  fullfilling legacy  and  hopefully  she  can  get  past  being  her  own  worst  enemy  now  that  she  has  found  the  words  to  say   I  want  help  , I  need  help ,  thats  a  beginning and  I  remember  reading  somewhere  in  the  beginning  there  was  the  word .   WOW  ok  Ive  rambled  a  long  thought  and  birthed  a  brain  child  LOL  AAAHAAHAH  ,  least  I  can laugh  about  Im  not  there  yet  myself  but  I  am  not  where  I  use  to  be !  I  use  to  be  my  own  worst  enemy , my  words  got  me  in  big  fantastic  trouble  then  I  read  Gods  it  changed  me  from  the  inside  out  its  a  heart  matter  not  a  head  matter , my  heart  is  ok  now  that   I  am  very  joyful  about . Im  glad  DR  Phil  said  what  he  did  about  words  .  I  will  choose  mine  wisely  .  my  parents  never  went  to church  with  me  ever  yet  strangly  they  both  believed  profoundly  in  God  , my  father  once  told  me I could  talk  to  God  about  anything ,anywhere off  to  myself  and  then  he  just  left  a  huge picture  Bible  laying  on  the  table , being  we  never  had  any  other  books  other  than  what  the  school provided  math  science  algebraaa uck , I  read  the  words and  I  loved  it , not  because   I  was  made  to  or  even  encouraged  to  just  because  my  father  was  wise  enough  to  know  he  could  not  Believe  for  me   I  had  to  do  that  for  myself  FOR  MY  SELF  its  the  greatest  thing  I  ever  did
I  find  it  so  ironical  that  even  when  the  doctors  said  he  was  dead  and  told  us  he  was 
he  wasn't  he  is  still  liveing  today   when  we  ask  them  why ?  they  told  us  what  they  did    the  doctor  just  replied  with  total  bewilderment  "some  words  have  more  authority  than  mine apparently"   and  he  recanted his  own declaration  LOL  Im  a  believer and  Ive  witnessed  some  incredible  things  about  words .  It  should  not  be  a  mystery  to  people  that  words  can  do  incredible  good  or  incredible  bad  ...  so  choose  words  wisely  and  most  of  us  are  not  wise  and  these  days  there  is  a  world  full  of  dominating self  proclaimed gurus and  as  a  result  we  have  cults .  It  sure  is  no  mystery  why ? even  Jesus  rebuked  the  religious ,and  resisted  them ,all  the  way  to  calvary .  At  least  the  woman  was  able  to  escape  the  worser  of  fates , now  if  she  can  learn  how  to  use  her  words  right  instead  of  wrong  just maybe  she  will  be  one  who  overcomes . I  surely  hope  so ,

May 22, 2008, 6:34 pm CDT

Absolutely Spot On!

Quote From: urrutiap

There's nothing wrong with joining a cult.  People who dont know anything about cults are ignorant.

Such as people who are shocked at the discovery of the polygamist camp they're just jealous they're not a member.

I am so glad you defined the emotion I was feeling.... jealousy! I was so concerned but now I feel much better- thank you-thank you-thank you

NOT!!!!

May 22, 2008, 6:52 pm CDT

I agree

Quote From: nasale

But I don't think she was acting 'selfish' per se, she was reacting badly to an out- of- control situation. I think her emotions are really messed up. That may be why she cries like that. It would be very hard, to be fair, to sit in front of someone who is as intimidating as Dr. Phil and NOT cry when he's asking the tough questions. That poor woman is one big mess and I'm sure she will get the help she needs now.  With all the stressors she has, she needs all the kind words, compassion and friends she can get. She's not 'evil,' she's just lost. There but for the grace of God.....
 you  hit  the  nail  on  the  head  I  agree wholeheartedly  she  is  a  mess  emotionally  that  does not  make  her  evil !!  why  is  it  so  hard  for  others  to  grasp  that  the  abused  become  abusers ,  the  persecuted  persecute  , learned  behavior  is  a  real  thing !!  I  know  how  real  it  is .  I was  exsposed  to  people  who  had  serious  behavior  problems  not  because  they  were  evil  because  they  suffered  a  illness . A  real  serious  illness , I  always  understood  it  to  be  a  illness ,

would  you  bash  a  sick  person  if  they  had  a  broke leg ?  of  course  not !!
 so  why  is  it  that  when  people  suffer from  ilness  that  has  no  outward signs  of  something  being  broken  people  give  themself  permission to  bash  them ?
 makes  no  sense  to  me  why ?

I'm  glad  I  was  taught  how  to  deal  with  people  who  suffer  from  a  illness  as  a  young  child .
 The  most  ill  I  have  ever  had  to  deal  with  I  was  about  6  or  7  years  old  and  witnessed  a  perfectly normal persons  cheese  slide  of  their  cracker  literally!
one  minute they  were humming  while  mixing bisquit dough the  next  minute  they  were  washing  their  hair  in  it !!!
  and  when  I  said  what  in  the  sam  hell  are  you  doing !!  in  total  bewilderment  they  lunged  for  a  kitchen  knife , I  dove  under  the  eating  table and  the  only  thing  that  saved  me  was  the  fact  I  had  put  on  a  button  down  shirt  that  morning !!!   , I  remember  all  the  buttons  on  my  shirt hitting  the  wall and  the  floor  ,  my  shirt  literally  was  ripped  straight  off  my  back ,  and  they  got  my  shirt  with  no  buttons  LOL
  but  not  me
 I  ran  like  my  hair  was  on  fire  !!!
 no  shirt  on  and  got  help .
  Anyway  the  ill  person  was  taken  straight  to  the  doctors  who  treat  specific  illness  ,and  I  know  that  it  was  not  my  fault  or  anybody  fault  that  they  got  sick  with  the  illness  it  was  caused  from  exsposure  to  chemicals  used  they  were  around  and  all  sorts  of  imbalances in the   brain  can  happen  from  what  people  dont  know . when  medication  dont  work  then  they have  to  be  hospitilized  until  stable ,
 for  the  most  part I  know  ill  people  can  be  extroidinarily dangerous  people ,

I learned  how  to  spot  it  a  hundred  miles  away  , I  could  almost  say  what  this  woman  suffers by  her  emotional  instability  but  that  would  not  be  my  job .

And  I  am  still  appalled  that  the  world is  so  ignorant  that  they bash  people  who  suffer  from  illness !!!

even  as  uneducated  as  we  were  back in  the  day  of  having  no  technology  in  medical breakthroughs   we  knew  better  than  that!! 

I  think  when  people  know  better  they  do  better  and  it  would  be  fantastic  if  the  world  could  learn  bashing  ill  people  in  no  way  helps  solve  problems  it  just  contributes  to  the  problem

I  certifiably  do  not  Believe  in  bashing  people  who  suffer  from  ilness  , and  no  one  who  suffers  from  a  illness  they  can  help  or   be  responsable  for  should  ever  be  degraded  demeaned  or  mistreated  because  of  their  illness 

Its simply  appalling  to  me !!!  I  guess  I  can  be  grateful  I  am  educated  about  how  to  treat  people  who  suffer from  devestateing  illness .

It  gives  new  dimensions  to the  old  saying ...... "  break  a  leg"   I  hope  if  anyone  ever  does  it  literally  they  dont  get  bashed  for  it .  Just  my  sentiments  on  people  who  need  professional  doctors  to  help  them , not  mean  spirited  people  who  only  want  to  hurt  them  , because  they  dont  behave   how  you  think  they  should because  OBVIOUSLY !!  somethings  WRONG .  Thank  God  for  educated  professionals  .  stress  related  illness  can  break  every  nerve  a nervous  system  has ,and  bashing  wont  cure  their  illness  either !!!  how  sick  does  that  make  people  who  do  it ?

sicker  than  the  sick  person  , in  my  humble  opinion . 

May 22, 2008, 7:06 pm CDT

personaly...as i know anna she was a good mom

although she is abusive and needs help

but her kids love her and i dont think its right that they are taking her kids away...

they do need to let her see them some times

May 22, 2008, 7:28 pm CDT

KEEP THE FAITH ANNA!!

Anna I commend you for your courage and willingness to face the tough questions that were asked of you. You have been through alot and I just can't imagined the pain you must be feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope and pray your children are ok and that they will get away from that monster Tony Alamo. God will help you through this and Tony Alamo will be stopped and put away.

Keep the faith!!! Our prayers are with you.

And Dr. Phil thank you so much for this show maybe now Tony Alamo will be stopped and we can save the children from the abuse and crimes he commits against them and the families who are looking for them.

May 22, 2008, 7:43 pm CDT

05/22 Cults?

Quote From: fireman453

The first thing Anna needs to do is get rid of that thing she calls a fiance. Where the heck is he at why is he not helping instead of making her pregnant. She is not in her right mind to decide to get married. It seems this guy wants nothing to do wiot the kids . He should have already started being a father and helping anna with the discipline. then she needs to get help and then find someine that is going to love her and stand by her and help and not worry about having anymore kids. That fiance is useless. I hope she gets strong and helps herself so that her kids have at least one parent to guide them and make the right choices in life

I'm not sure we were told who fathered all these kids.....

As for Anna's fiance "making her pregnant"....BOTH of them need to figure out what causes that, and use some damn birth control!!

She's about a half a bubble off center, and he can't be a whole lot better, from what I understand.

May 22, 2008, 7:48 pm CDT

05/22 Cults?

Quote From: cndrlla

I believe that it's a red flag when you see a church that carries someone's name....it pretty much tells you that the founder of the church sees himself as being above God.

This is sad because these people in cults do so much harm. There are so many people who are on the fence about religion anyway, and seeing and hearing about these fanatics turns them totally away from believing in the REAL God and what He's really all about. 

Common sense should rule.......any "religion" that does anything to the extreme in the name of the Bible and God; things that cause pain and fear; any so-called "church" that has to operate in secrecy and an atmosphere of imprisonment with fences all around it, and any "church" that has one person at the head of it calling the shots should be viewed with caution and suspicion.  

Someday these cult leaders will have to face the real God.

May 22, 2008, 7:49 pm CDT

Compassion for the 10 Children?

Quote From: 1000wings

you  hit  the  nail  on  the  head  I  agree wholeheartedly  she  is  a  mess  emotionally  that  does not  make  her  evil !!  why  is  it  so  hard  for  others  to  grasp  that  the  abused  become  abusers ,  the  persecuted  persecute  , learned  behavior  is  a  real  thing !!  I  know  how  real  it  is .  I was  exsposed  to  people  who  had  serious  behavior  problems  not  because  they  were  evil  because  they  suffered  a  illness . A  real  serious  illness , I  always  understood  it  to  be  a  illness ,

would  you  bash  a  sick  person  if  they  had  a  broke leg ?  of  course  not !!
 so  why  is  it  that  when  people  suffer from  ilness  that  has  no  outward signs  of  something  being  broken  people  give  themself  permission to  bash  them ?
 makes  no  sense  to  me  why ?

I'm  glad  I  was  taught  how  to  deal  with  people  who  suffer  from  a  illness  as  a  young  child .
 The  most  ill  I  have  ever  had  to  deal  with  I  was  about  6  or  7  years  old  and  witnessed  a  perfectly normal persons  cheese  slide  of  their  cracker  literally!
one  minute they  were humming  while  mixing bisquit dough the  next  minute  they  were  washing  their  hair  in  it !!!
  and  when  I  said  what  in  the  sam  hell  are  you  doing !!  in  total  bewilderment  they  lunged  for  a  kitchen  knife , I  dove  under  the  eating  table and  the  only  thing  that  saved  me  was  the  fact  I  had  put  on  a  button  down  shirt  that  morning !!!   , I  remember  all  the  buttons  on  my  shirt hitting  the  wall and  the  floor  ,  my  shirt  literally  was  ripped  straight  off  my  back ,  and  they  got  my  shirt  with  no  buttons  LOL
  but  not  me
 I  ran  like  my  hair  was  on  fire  !!!
 no  shirt  on  and  got  help .
  Anyway  the  ill  person  was  taken  straight  to  the  doctors  who  treat  specific  illness  ,and  I  know  that  it  was  not  my  fault  or  anybody  fault  that  they  got  sick  with  the  illness  it  was  caused  from  exsposure  to  chemicals  used  they  were  around  and  all  sorts  of  imbalances in the   brain  can  happen  from  what  people  dont  know . when  medication  dont  work  then  they have  to  be  hospitilized  until  stable ,
 for  the  most  part I  know  ill  people  can  be  extroidinarily dangerous  people ,

I learned  how  to  spot  it  a  hundred  miles  away  , I  could  almost  say  what  this  woman  suffers by  her  emotional  instability  but  that  would  not  be  my  job .

And  I  am  still  appalled  that  the  world is  so  ignorant  that  they bash  people  who  suffer  from  illness !!!

even  as  uneducated  as  we  were  back in  the  day  of  having  no  technology  in  medical breakthroughs   we  knew  better  than  that!! 

I  think  when  people  know  better  they  do  better  and  it  would  be  fantastic  if  the  world  could  learn  bashing  ill  people  in  no  way  helps  solve  problems  it  just  contributes  to  the  problem

I  certifiably  do  not  Believe  in  bashing  people  who  suffer  from  ilness  , and  no  one  who  suffers  from  a  illness  they  can  help  or   be  responsable  for  should  ever  be  degraded  demeaned  or  mistreated  because  of  their  illness 

Its simply  appalling  to  me !!!  I  guess  I  can  be  grateful  I  am  educated  about  how  to  treat  people  who  suffer from  devestateing  illness .

It  gives  new  dimensions  to the  old  saying ...... "  break  a  leg"   I  hope  if  anyone  ever  does  it  literally  they  dont  get  bashed  for  it .  Just  my  sentiments  on  people  who  need  professional  doctors  to  help  them , not  mean  spirited  people  who  only  want  to  hurt  them  , because  they  dont  behave   how  you  think  they  should because  OBVIOUSLY !!  somethings  WRONG .  Thank  God  for  educated  professionals  .  stress  related  illness  can  break  every  nerve  a nervous  system  has ,and  bashing  wont  cure  their  illness  either !!!  how  sick  does  that  make  people  who  do  it ?

sicker  than  the  sick  person  , in  my  humble  opinion . 

What about taking ownership.  Being held accountable for ones actions.  If everyone was simply "sick" or "ill" in this world then every crime would be justified.  There goes the justice system!  Why persecute when people are simply following some sick cycle they learned.  Ow no, that rapist didn't mean to hurt all those poor women and children, he was abused as a child.  Forgive him judge and/or jury she didn't mean to rob and beat those elderly men and women, she was simply following a learned cycle.  It doesn't make sense. 

I realize there is a lot in this world we don't have control over.  But, speaking as a woman, the one thing I know I have complete control over is reproduction.  Seriously, 10 children!  And, wanting another child in all this mess.  Lord give me strength.   

Thank the Lord you have compasion.  Hopefully, her Children Services worker is just as compassionate.  Because crocodile tears aren't going to get those kids back.  She needs to get honest with herself and start doing a lot of hard work.  Believe it or not, I don't want this mother to fail.  Dr. Phil doesn't want this mother to fail. I know she loves ALL of her children. I want her to get her act together, but I'm certainly NOT going to justify her actions and give her more excuses for past behavior. 

Did you listen when Dr. Phil read off all the Children Services charges.  How about compassion for those children.   

May 22, 2008, 7:56 pm CDT

05/22 Cults?

My name is Lynne Lane, my husband Anthony Lane and I are trying to find his three children. My husband’s ex wife was talked into joining the Tony Alamo Cult in Arkansas and my husband was against it because he didn’t agree with their teachings. He even went into the cult to try and get his two daughters, his wife who was pregnant with his son out of there but he was not welcomed there he was forced to work long hours and belittled and was told that his wife was not his wife anymore and that he has to leave because he did not believe in the teaching of Tony Alamo. He was kicked out, thrown out on the street with nothing and has not seen or been in touch with his ex wife or his children for almost ten years. He has tried over the years to find them but has had nothing but interference from the cult and from authorities.. We know they are with their mother who lives within the Tony Alamo Ministry Cult. He has several compounds across the nation, we think the children are somewhere in Arkansas or Oklahoma but we are not sure. Tony Alamo moves them around so it is very difficult to know exactly where they are. The children are 13, 11, and 9, two girls and a boy. The girls are in danger of being married off to much older men within the cult or even Tony Alamo himself who is in his seventies. The children in the cult have been reported to being

sexually, physically and emotionally abused, he is a polygamist and committing crimes against the children in the cult and the families who are looking for them.

We are very concerned. We have tried contacting local and national authorities in this matter but there is no cooperation. We need national exposure to stop this evil, horrible man from abusing anymore children.

The top story about the compound in Eldorado, TX is very similar to what is going on within the Tony Alamo Cult. This man needs to be stopped. We need to save the children before it is to late. Please we need help exposing this terrible man and getting those women and children out of there. You can find everything you need to know about the Tony Alamo cult at Tonyalamonews.com. My husband Anthony gave an interview done on KARK out of Little Rock AR on Tony Alamo. The news cast can be viewed on Arkansasmatters.com in the show archives from April 23, 2008. We are also trying to find legal representation but it has been very difficult. We would appreciate any help we can get. This is our mission to stop this abuse. Nobody seems to want to get involved and it is very frustrating that nobody seems to care about these children. That is our main focus trying to save our children before it is to late.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last