Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Beach Body Bootcamp

Number of Replies: 116
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 16, 2008, 02:26:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 05/23/08) It can make your heart race, cause major stress and make you scream in horror … Ladies, you know all about the pain of bathing suit season! Well, summer is almost here – why not solve the two-piece trauma once and for all? With the help of The Ultimate Weight Solution, Margie, Kay and Wendi lost a combined total of 353 pounds and 32 sizes! Don’t miss their amazing results! Then, Robin recruits five women for a beach body makeover, and you won’t believe their results -- in just four weeks! Plus, don't miss a special product from Janet Harris, Robin's go-to gal for radiant skin. Next, Cindy is a mother of two who says her “stomach pudge” keeps her from going to the beach. She bravely models what some are calling the “miracle suit” that takes off inches the minute you put it on. And, Lin says her daughter-in-law, Rebecca, needs to back off when it comes to making comments about her weight. Rebecca says if she doesn’t stir things up, Lin will be overweight forever, but could her comments about her mother-in-law have an affect on her daughter? Plus, Jill despises her body so much, she hasn’t undressed in front of her husband, Don, in 15 years. Don’t miss the surprise Dr. Phil has in store for Jill! Plus,  all the beach-goers at homehave a chance to win an all-inclusive vacation in the Riviera Maya! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Trying to lose weight? Find advice and support here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 23, 2008, 3:08 pm CDT

Congrats to those who lost weight.

I just want to congratulate those women who lost all that weight. I've struggled with obesity all my life. I'm not able to excercise myself do to having so much pain.

May 23, 2008, 3:11 pm CDT

Ditto

Quote From: photoflirt

I watched with great interest on today show, and wrote a letter to Dr. Phil.  Both my husband I were extremely active until at 50 our health started to decline, and with tall slim builds we are constantly fighting the belly bulge, we are both about 30-40 overweight, we might not make for stunning television, but I'm sure we represent a great cross section of the population.

Oh to be picked to be one of the make-over couples...............................but everyone that is writing on these

message boards probably feels exactly the same way!

May 23, 2008, 3:15 pm CDT

Men

I don't watch every day, but my first reaction is, why just woman?  Did I miss something?  What is doctor Phil's and his wife's accomplishments in this area?  How do both of them look in swimming suits?  What does it take? What  does it cost to maintain weight and procedures, etc?  What is every What is the bottom line  per month ? 

Thanks,

May 23, 2008, 3:24 pm CDT

05/23 Dr. Phil's Beach Body Bootcamp

Quote From: mstaken123

since i was a little girl ive had a terrible body image.my dad says that no one has seen me without my clothes since i was 3 years old,and i will tell you,i was not fat then.my dad is correct though.for most of my life ive been about 20lbs overweight.i have NEVER EVER worn a bathing suit,and i live in naples,florida.i have NEVER EVER been naked in front of anyone else,my 9 yr relationship has been in the dark,and he couldnt care less if my body is imperfect,he tells me his is imperfect,too and he would love me no matter what i weighed.though i feel blessed to have this man and his attitude,i still cant let go.i take showers in the dark because even i am disguisted by my body.i have always been this way,i remember wearing my dads clothes to school to obscure my body.what happened that makes me more self concious than anyone i have ever met?is there any hope without plastic surgery?or is it something much deeper?
  Sounds like your body's just fine, it's your mind that's been playing tricks on you.   Skip surgery, go to the gym or buy some cheap weights and lift at home if you're not satisfied.  This can change your attitude just by releasing indorfins into your brain, therefore giving you a boost of happiness along with energy.  Walk around the block nightly with your man.    You may need a professional to help you get past your self image, I don't know.  Your man sounds awesome, believe him when he tells you he loves you the way you are.  Find some activities you like.  I like gardening.  It's much harder work than most people know, plus it's incredibly rewarding because it gives you so much back.   Have a few drinks to loosen up before sex, then just go for it.  With the lights on!  Once you get over the hurdle, it will be easier next time.  Oh and don't shower in the dark, one day you might hurt yourself.   Maybe if you took a long hard look at your body in the mirror you could find something you like about it.   Are you curvy, do you have great shoulders?  Every woman has celulite, some more than others.   Learn to except it, your man has (he sounds like a keeper).  Focus on your good girly bits and play those up.  Get some new outfits to enhance and flatter them. 

May 23, 2008, 3:25 pm CDT

Beach Body Show

All this show did was make me a bit sad. There is the handful that gets this kind of help to loose weight and go to the gym and get the makeovers. The everyday person does not have that help or the money it takes to get the help. Who can afford to have a trainer, have a person who can do your facials, give treatments that gets rid of fat as they showed on the show.

I have had 6 back surgeries and am in so much pain I am told there is not a lot I can do as exercise goes. I can not go and pay someone to help me with exercise. The gyms where I am at just want you to come sign up and they do not help you. If you are over 40 and over weight then they act like you do not belong.

We always see this wonderful stores of people getting new looks and getting all this wonderful help.  Where do these people come from? How do they get this opportunity? Not by us writing to ask for help.

I live in the Sunshine state where it is warm all the time. I would love to feel good about going to the beach or the pool. The way I feel now and look that is not the way I feel.

This is just me speaking my mind. I would love to see someone here at the boards really get help.

Go out and get spme real people. The ones who need help and can not go get it on their own

May 23, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

Quote From: techieb1

You can makeover your body on your own.  You don't *need* a show to do it.   My mom is 70 and recently lost 30lbs.  She is now a healthy 130lbs.  Yes she has celulite, all women do, but she feels better and looks great.    She gets her hair done, keeps her nails pretty and still wears makeup.  She also has serious back pain from a slipped disk, but she still managed to put herself first and live a healthier lifestyle.  She even went to the beach this weekend.  And yes she's proud to put on a suit!   None of us are going to have are young bodies back, but we can focus on our good parts. And we all have good parts.   Commit to a different way of life and you will *have* a better life.   It's never to late to get in shape and to just *feel* better and have more energy.  I workout at a rehabilitation center.  Mostly elderly people there  (60-80's) working out on their *own*, without a trainer.  There are trainers there to assist if they need any help though.   Many have different disibilities, but they all have can do attitudes.   They lift weights, use the machines, walk on the indoor track, or treadmills.  They're faithful to their workouts and just keep coming.   If these folks can keep doing it, anyone can.  Also for those that can't afford a gym, buy some cheap weights, get a workout tape or book and get moving.   

May 23, 2008, 3:46 pm CDT

SlimSuits

Where can I find or get a link to get a slimSuit I went online and there are several different kinds. She said on the show she has a patent on her particular design. I would like to get a hold of the one featured on todays show. Can someone help?!?  P.S I hope they are affordable, or maybe a gym membership would be cheaper : )

May 23, 2008, 4:00 pm CDT

Quote From: poorbabi1

All this show did was make me a bit sad. There is the handful that gets this kind of help to loose weight and go to the gym and get the makeovers. The everyday person does not have that help or the money it takes to get the help. Who can afford to have a trainer, have a person who can do your facials, give treatments that gets rid of fat as they showed on the show.

I have had 6 back surgeries and am in so much pain I am told there is not a lot I can do as exercise goes. I can not go and pay someone to help me with exercise. The gyms where I am at just want you to come sign up and they do not help you. If you are over 40 and over weight then they act like you do not belong.

We always see this wonderful stores of people getting new looks and getting all this wonderful help.  Where do these people come from? How do they get this opportunity? Not by us writing to ask for help.

I live in the Sunshine state where it is warm all the time. I would love to feel good about going to the beach or the pool. The way I feel now and look that is not the way I feel.

This is just me speaking my mind. I would love to see someone here at the boards really get help.

Go out and get spme real people. The ones who need help and can not go get it on their own

I noticed your mood says happy, but you seem incredibly depressed to me.  If you think of yourself as *poor me*, then you'll always be a *poor me*.    I'm sorry about all your back surgeries, my mom may have to undergo one soon, she has a slipped disk.   She is 70yrs old and recently lost 30lbs to become a healthy 130lbs.   She couldn't work out during that time (she likes weight lifting) and still can't right now or she could risk making her back worse.   She just at sensibly and counted her daily calories and over time the weight came off.  75% is how much you eat, 25% is working out.  Plenty of Hollywood women do not workout, but are thin because they restrict their caloric intake.  Yes too much I agree.  Weighing 100lbs or less is gross and shocking when seen in real life.  I used to live in Florida too, but now I live in the mountains.  Doesn't matter where you live, if you commit to a healthier way of eating , being and thinking *for the rest of your life*, your life will be different.  You can't just want to be thin, because everyone wants that.  You have to commit.  Three of the people on the show today lost over 100lbs each *on their own*.  There was no help from DrPhil.    You don't need anyone but you to help you reach your goal.   People do it everyday without anyone elses help.  You CAN too.   

May 23, 2008, 4:11 pm CDT

I loved seeing how happy those women were. And how amazing they did look. Its true normal people dont get that kinda of help. I mean i have been over weight since i was born. and to grow up with teo sisters who were skinny. it was hell. I wish i could get that kinda of help. its hrad when everyone around you doesnt understand what your going threw i guess. but im only 20years old.... i can turn it around if i really want.

May 23, 2008, 4:15 pm CDT

help me loose the weight!

i really need help looseing weight,i'm up to 225po. and scared about  my health and tired of not fitting into clothes i want to wear!i would love to know more about this program! thankyou

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last