Message Boards

Topic : 05/27 The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp, Part 3

Number of Replies: 273
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, May 23, 2008, 07:38:19 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s the last day in The Dr. Phil House for four families struggling to tone down the chaos, fighting and unhappiness. Have you ever wanted to be a fly on the wall and listen to what your kids say about you? Well, the moms get that chance. They watch and listen behind a two-way mirror as their kids have a conversation with one of their peers. Don’t miss Wendy’s reaction when her son, Noah, opens up about his sister’s death. When Dr. Phil puts the kids to the task of cleaning up a filthy room, will the challenge be too much for them … or their parents? Next, Dr. Phil sits down with the mothers and the fathers separately for some no-nonsense parenting advice. If you’re a parent, you won’t want to miss this valuable lesson in parenting! Then, Dr. Phil helps the parents make the first step in creating a phenomenal family. Plus, how are these families doing now? Don’t miss the surprising update! And, are you looking for something fun for your kids this summer? Deborah Gibson has gone from teen pop sensation to an inspiring musical mentor. See how she makes deserving children’s dreams come true at her Camp Electric Youth! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

Discuss your views on discipline here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 30, 2008, 11:45 am CDT

05/27 The Dr. Phil House: Brat Camp, Part 3

Quote From: tkdmom17

I just read what I wrote and though it may seem odd to reply to my own post I just want to say I know it sounded hardhearted and I did not mean it to - well mostly.  Noah is a very smart young man but he has serious problems and his mom is not the cause of all these problems.  He is young and not beyound help so I hope he gets it.  I hope mom does too.  The pain of child loss never goes away you just find ways to breath and exist but mom has to do more becasue she has to be there and she has to love Noah.  As parents we all make mistakes but mistakes can be corrected so I really do pray they get the help they deserve.  Children need to be loved and cherished but so do moms and this mom is being used and abused.

I really do want to know where dad is.  Did I miss something?

Gotta go run and hug my daughter.  A double lung transplant from a sweet angel gave her back to me.

The mom is being used and abused? What, she decided to have, Noah unless there's something I'm missing here. It's called, taking responsibility for your decisions.

May 30, 2008, 11:47 am CDT

Noah is a brat.  I could see all the other children breaking through but this one needs some serious counseling.  He needs it now or he will get it in prison one day.  I know the agony of being told your child is going to die.  No one should have to go through that pain.  Noah enjoys his victum status.  Everyone seems so quick to blame mom but he has assulted other children in school and one the show.  He has assulted his school principal.  His "crying" about his sister dying was not very real.  Did anyone notice how he tried to "work" the other people in the house and the blatant lies he told.  He would have  serious problems even if his sister did not die.  Mom is not the sole owner of this boys problems and it bothers me how quickly everyone is to jump on her.  I do believe he has pain but give me a break.  Sociopaths cry all the time when they need to.  He needs serious intervention and I hope the show was able to give this family help. 

By the way ---  Where is dad?

I'd agree with you, IF his mom didn't look at him like she's a monster, IF Noah didn't display caring when caring was shown to him by another mother in the group. His mom isn't little miss poor innocent angel, where do you think children learn to behave? From their parents! But you go ahead, keep calling him a sociopath, and act as if his mom is a poor victim. I hope it makes you feel better.

May 30, 2008, 2:47 pm CDT

AWWWWWW!

Quote From: tyler1

Hahahahaha, awwww I love that!  Popcicle kisses!
"Popcicle Kisses" that exactly what they are.  Kinda reminds me of that song "Butterfly Kisses".   I will think of that every time I see him with a popcicle now! ;)  Too cute!

May 30, 2008, 3:11 pm CDT

I just read what I wrote and though it may seem odd to reply to my own post I just want to say I know it sounded hardhearted and I did not mean it to - well mostly.  Noah is a very smart young man but he has serious problems and his mom is not the cause of all these problems.  He is young and not beyound help so I hope he gets it.  I hope mom does too.  The pain of child loss never goes away you just find ways to breath and exist but mom has to do more becasue she has to be there and she has to love Noah.  As parents we all make mistakes but mistakes can be corrected so I really do pray they get the help they deserve.  Children need to be loved and cherished but so do moms and this mom is being used and abused.

I really do want to know where dad is.  Did I miss something?

Gotta go run and hug my daughter.  A double lung transplant from a sweet angel gave her back to me.

Dad is very involved with Noah, according to a poster on the first "Brat Camp" who says she is a family friend. I agree, no child is a 'lost cause' and I think if the Mom wasn't looking to improve herself as a parent she wouldn't have been on the show. I wish the best to all of them.

Btw... congratulations on your daughter's transplant and prayers for the people who lost their precious one.

May 30, 2008, 3:39 pm CDT

please read what i wrote

Quote From: yoshiyoshi

The mom is being used and abused? What, she decided to have, Noah unless there's something I'm missing here. It's called, taking responsibility for your decisions.

Boy someone is angry.  You really didn't read all I wrote.  Both of these people need a lot of help - much more then a show could offer.  Mom is nowhere near blameless but neither is Noah.  Noah did respond to the other mother when she reacted to his story.  He again is getting what he wanted.  He needs someone he can vent his anger to.  He has to be hurting over his sister's death and I know I remember correctly that it was said he turned off and hasn't even cried.  Golly maybe he in some ways felt as though he was placed in  the position of the man of the house.   If he is not given proper help outside of mom he will have serious lifelong problems and you can't argue with that.

I am still wondering where his father is?  Did I miss that segment?

So dear if it makes you feel better to lash out at me as you did in this post and the next its ok but do you handle all discussion this way when someone disagress with you?

May 30, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

I'm glad you agree, maybe now feisty d understands what I was saying.

Nope.I understand what she said, your original post still doesn't make sense to me... sorry.

I say cheers to the parents who realize they are not suited to be parents, before they have a child and ruin that child's life.

May 30, 2008, 3:59 pm CDT

Finally dad

Quote From: feistyd

Dad is very involved with Noah, according to a poster on the first "Brat Camp" who says she is a family friend. I agree, no child is a 'lost cause' and I think if the Mom wasn't looking to improve herself as a parent she wouldn't have been on the show. I wish the best to all of them.

Btw... congratulations on your daughter's transplant and prayers for the people who lost their precious one.

Thank you.

Dad question answered!!  I hope Noah's dad will be an active parent in this.  He is way to smart to be wasted!!  To be honest I was alittle scared because I have seen so many father's walk away when a child became ill.  My husband just confessed he had thought about it.  Shocked me!

I am not going to spend any more time on this discussion.  Noah and mom to you both I have to say my prayers are with you.  Noah you are a smart, handsome young man.  Take all the tools you are given and live a full productive life.  Mom set your pain aside and live for Noah.  If all goes well someday you will have beautiful grandchildren. 

May 30, 2008, 4:01 pm CDT

Boy someone is angry.  You really didn't read all I wrote.  Both of these people need a lot of help - much more then a show could offer.  Mom is nowhere near blameless but neither is Noah.  Noah did respond to the other mother when she reacted to his story.  He again is getting what he wanted.  He needs someone he can vent his anger to.  He has to be hurting over his sister's death and I know I remember correctly that it was said he turned off and hasn't even cried.  Golly maybe he in some ways felt as though he was placed in  the position of the man of the house.   If he is not given proper help outside of mom he will have serious lifelong problems and you can't argue with that.

I am still wondering where his father is?  Did I miss that segment?

So dear if it makes you feel better to lash out at me as you did in this post and the next its ok but do you handle all discussion this way when someone disagress with you?

If you go to the message board for 'Brat Camp, part 1' there is a post called 'WOW' by poster keepitreal623.... it has a lot of info that you might find interesting concerning Noah and Mom.

Btw, I have had the same issue with regard to Yoshi... I have tried to reach out and let her know that we have more in common that what she thinks,.. she says she has become very defensive due to other posters 'ganging up' on her (I can understand her becoming defensive). I just wish she would recognize not all of us are out to get her.

Unfortunately, I find many of her posts/responses degrading, angry and condenscending... which may be why many posters attack back.

May 30, 2008, 5:27 pm CDT

You are 100% right!

Quote From: anxman

Dr. Phil,

This is the first time I've contributed to your chat boards, but after watching the first two episodes of BRAT CAMP I have to voice my opinion.

I am NOT advocating physical abuse but whatever happened to slapping / spanking??  My God when I saw that child (Noah?) slap his mother's face and she just looked at him I about jumped through the TV to slap that child from here to Christmas!!  That is not even a little bit okay.  That mother (Wendy?) should have slapped him and demanded he never lay a hand on her ever again or he wouldn't live to see the age of 11!   When i was a child my mother slapped me once in the face for sticking my tongue out at her and gave me the belt once for stealing.  I assure you I never did them again.  It was not abuse, it was DISCIPLINE which is what the children of the last generation or two have missed.  Parents are afraid of disciplining their children.  They're too busy trying to be their friend. 

Secondly, when my mother told me to do something, I did it!  I did not have to be BRIBED!  Are you kidding me?  Bribing the child to get out of bed??  I don't think so.  "I am the parent and when I say get up, you get your a** up!  No argument."  If he fails to do it, then a privilege is taken away for a specific period of time.  In my case it was television.  When I misbehaved or disobeyed television was restricted and that was torture for a 10, 12 year old boy back in the 70's.

Grant it Noah and Wendy may have other issues to deal with concerning the death of sister / daughter Olivia.  But that does NOT give Noah carte blanche to treat his mother like dirt.  He is the child, she is the parent.  If he refuses to follow her orders, then he should move to his father's.  I'm sure a week with the father he'd be screaming to come back to mom not realizing how good he had it.

Just my opinion!

I agree with everything you said, Thank God there are parents like you that still believe in being the parent and not the friend! yoshiyoshi is so way off base with the things she/he writes.

May 30, 2008, 5:38 pm CDT

boy yoshiyoshi, did you watch the same show?

I'd agree with you, IF his mom didn't look at him like she's a monster, IF Noah didn't display caring when caring was shown to him by another mother in the group. His mom isn't little miss poor innocent angel, where do you think children learn to behave? From their parents! But you go ahead, keep calling him a sociopath, and act as if his mom is a poor victim. I hope it makes you feel better.
You sure don't sound like you did! You must be very naive not to see what a manipulative brat Noah is, even when talking to the other mom on the show he was putting on a big act! How can you not see that? He will end up in prison someday if he doesn't get help and learn to respect people in general starting at home. The other kids told their parents what they planned to do once they got home to help build better relationships while that brat Noah "warned" his mother that she better mean it. He's not the only child to ever lose a sibling and he acts like he should be made king of the household now since he is the remaining child. I didn't like him or Ethan, they were similar in personalities but Noah was the worst.

First | Prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next | Last