Message Boards

Topic : 07/27 Debate Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 22
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Sunday, July 24, 2005, 03:33:46 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Viewers take on Dr. Phil! One guest says she could just “thump” Dr. Phil over the head. She wants to know, what was he thinking when he advised the wife of the cheating doctor? Another guest is a self-proclaimed stage parent who thinks Dr. Phil painted a terrible picture of showbiz kids. And, a sex therapist who can’t believe what Dr. Phil tells married couples about threesomes, and another woman who accuses him of being too hard on psychics. Who’s right, who’s wrong, and who’s not listening? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

Read previous messages in the archived discussion.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 27, 2005, 2:08 pm CDT

GREAT POINT!

Quote From: kmisses

If they're so happy why are they in therepy? the "doctor" said she has seen MANY HAPPY people (swingers) in therepy. I can't beleive Dr Phil did not catch that. I didn't know happy people needed therepy!
I love your comment about happy people needing therapy!  HANDS DOWN!  That was a great comment.  P.S.  This is just my opinion :)

July 27, 2005, 5:12 pm CDT

struck a nerve

I think Dr. Phil must have struck a nerve with the lady upset over the word "desperate" being used to describe women looking for a man. Otherwisr I don't believe she would have come on the show. Looking for a man?--and 15 minutes of fame.

July 27, 2005, 8:32 pm CDT

I totally agree.

Dr Phil I totally agree with your debate with Robyn that one should not bring into their

sex lives a third party.It is totally unhealthy and only brings marital disaster.This

sex therapist Robyn should watch Jerry Springer more often to see the rage it brings

by being unfaithful.I have been married 17 years today and my sex life is as good

with my mate as it was the first time we made love together.Stand firm Dr Phil because

Robyn the sex therapist is totally wrong and should go into another business.

God bless.

Steven.

July 27, 2005, 9:33 pm CDT

threesome in a marriage

I've been married almost 30 years. Lived trough adultry.  I know that there is room for only 2 in a committed relationship.  When room is made for 1 more, it is Human Nature to be jealous, uncomfortable & insecure.  If the need is for 3 or more,  then be single.  The single lifestyle allows such casual affairs. Close, personal relations do not.  Or, perhaps, one is not  capable of close, personal relationships, thus the need to sleep around.

July 28, 2005, 6:23 am CDT

07/27 Debate Dr. Phil

Quote From: seenitdone

I've been married almost 30 years. Lived trough adultry.  I know that there is room for only 2 in a committed relationship.  When room is made for 1 more, it is Human Nature to be jealous, uncomfortable & insecure.  If the need is for 3 or more,  then be single.  The single lifestyle allows such casual affairs. Close, personal relations do not.  Or, perhaps, one is not  capable of close, personal relationships, thus the need to sleep around.

My husband and are are best friends. We are rarely apart. And when we have sexual encounters with our select friends, we are together, sharing the experience. "Swingers" do not have sex with others because they are having problems -- they expand their sexual horizons together, past jealousy, past insecurity, because their relationship is so strong. That's my marriage is, and that is how all of my swinger friends' marriages are. Actually, my non-swinger or "vanilla" friends are the ones I always here whining and complaining about their problems with their mates -- jealousy, anger, resentment, etc...They go out of their way to spend time apart from their spouse -- b/c the spouse drives them "crazy." Now that, is the craziest thing I've ever heard!

July 28, 2005, 3:30 pm CDT

Good Laughs

I applaud those who  thought that they could go on TV and tell Dr Phil he was full of it!! It was all a good Laugh! They did not like his healthy opinion. They want people to agree with there opinion. I applaud Dr. Phil, "are you all watching the tv with the volume down?" To the swingers and the psycics. #1 Is it selfish and selfcentered, #2Is what I am doing Honest.

July 28, 2005, 3:39 pm CDT

Psycics

Quote From: empress_e

Dr. Phil had a very good point about "psychics" who pray on the suffering and weak.  It is very true that scams abound with people wanting an easy buck, regardless of who their hurt in the process.  I would simply like to emphasize that there ARE true mediums, and there are many.  Many do charge for their services, so you have to be careful that you are not simply projecting your desire for answers onto the person you pay.  True mediums understand that people are skeptical and wary - most will meet and talk with you sans pay until you are comfortable.  Most mediums, however, aren't in the lime light - they lead ordinary lives and often help out the local police stations.  I have a very good family friend who is retired patrol and can attest to the numerous times that his station utilized the skills of psychics. 

My point, mediums are real people with special gifts.  They aren't gypsy witches or any such rubish, but ordinary people leading ordinary lives often just trying to help people out when they can.

But beware of the scammers.
This comment was balanced. Thank You!

July 28, 2005, 3:47 pm CDT

Sex Thearapy/Sex Addiction

Swinging and threesome and non stop sex is nothing but sex addiction!! It does not matter if you are married or single. Anybody who uses sex as a coping skill and goes to a thearapist to get more of it, is not healthy.

July 28, 2005, 8:29 pm CDT

Great Comment

Quote From: sparkydoo

these people are very annoying it is like they only watched the first 2 minutes of the show and then make these opinions and then tell dr phil he is "way off" and his advise is "mumbo jumbo" and then they get on they stage and you cant even tell what their point is! Its like did you even watch the show?  Like the sex therapist tell him his opinion is wrong but hers is right? or the lady sitting at home yelling at the tv telling the wife she should dump her cheating dr husband, oh that is much better than trying to work somthing out, the wife did not go there for advise on breaking up her family she was trying to save her marriage I know things look more black and white when you are sitting at home watching it on tv and opinions are very easy to give when it has nothing to do with your own life but these people should have a concrete helpful opinion on these topics instead of aruging over how dr phill worded statements or advise he gave. I mean if I was going to to debate dr Phill for pete's sake I think I would make sure I had a firm leg to stand on first instead of debating his choice of wording or that he didnt tell someone to dump her husband l  I think dr phil always has completly educated, researched, and good advise, I just think some of the people that debate him sometimes are not paying attention to what is really going on and dont see the whole picture. You go Dr Phil I think you give great advise and help to everyone that is on your show
You are great! The women telling Dr Phil, "You should have told that women to leave her husband". I had to laugh!!! That woman had been doing the leave and go back thing for a while.

July 30, 2005, 11:10 am CDT

Nobody Debated Dr. Phil

I have to say that Dr. Phil won every "debate" because none of the guests really debated him.There was something he kept saying that really got to me and that was he doesn't give his opinion but what he has learned from years of research and experience. Every guest on that show came to him with opinions and no proof or research. That is not a debate that is and argument,and that is why Dr.Phil won. Personally, I think that the woman who confronted him about the cheating Dr. could have easily won that debate. I saw that show and there are so many things that he said that she could have stumped him on. But thats just my opinion. I think all of the guests had good points its just that none of them could counter anything he said because all they had was and opinion and he actually had proof to back up what he saying. If the people on that show would have built on their arguments I think that would have been an hour of good professional type debating.

First | Prev | 2 | Next | Last