Message Boards

Topic : 07/08 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 64
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:00:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil opens up his mailbag to answer your burning questions! Amanda has been wanting plastic surgery since she was 16, and now that she's an adult, she's asked her sister, Angel, for birthday money so she can get liposuction and breast implants. She’s even considering dropping out of college so she can save money for the many procedures she wants. Angel worries her little sister could become addicted to cosmetic surgery. Next, will Michael’s plastic surgery nightmare change Amanda’s mind? Unsatisfied with the results of his first rhinoplasty, Michael found a world-renowned plastic surgeon to perform his second. When he got home, he documented the horrific result -- the tip of his nose turning black and falling off. See why he’s had three surgeries so far and plans on more. Then, Amber recently learned that her husband, Ron, had an affair. She says can't stop thinking about the other woman and doubts she'll ever get over it. Why does Ron think the affair had a positive effect on their marriage? Plus, meet a wife and mother torn between her career and her family, and don't miss a ravishing audience room makeover by Robin!  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 8, 2008, 3:47 pm CDT

07/08 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: benc789

I think that the problem is that marriage vows need to be changed. 

The man should be required to say that he vows never to have sex again (with his wife or any other woman) and, most importanly, never to complain about it.  This would stop a lot of men from complaining later that they didn't realize that they had made a vow of celibacy.

It is amazing how a woman can not have sex with her husband for months and then be so shocked and upset that he is having an affair. 

What is the problem anyways?  If his wife didn't want to have sex with him, then why is she upset that another woman does?  If his wife wants to be celibate, then why does he have to be as well?

What vow of celibacy are you talking about?

You are aware that not all women by a LONG shot lose interest in sex right? Are you further aware that women have this problem with men often? Look at the sex boards on this website...lots of women complaining about lack of sex.

"It is amazing how a woman can not have sex with her husband for months and then be so shocked and upset that he is having an affair."

It's amazing how people expect some honesty in their relationships. /sarcasm

Seriously, if a married person whats sex and their partner refuses then it's time to have a frank discussion, not time to run out and have sex with other people.

July 8, 2008, 3:48 pm CDT

07/08 Ask Dr. Phil

Then how did he have the energy for the other woman? 

Are you serious?

I have to wonder, do you realize that not everyone is exactly like you?  I have the energy to have sex 2-3 times a day.

July 8, 2008, 3:56 pm CDT

QUITE PLAYING THE VICTIM!

Ron you have got to start taking responsibility for your actions. Until you can understand the pain your actions have caused Amber, as Dr Phil said there is no way this marriage can move forward. If things were that bad in your marriage you should have tried to communicate this to your wife instead of using it as an excuse to cheat! I unfortunately speak from experience. Unfortunately it wasn't until about 4 years after we split, that he got it. By then it was to late.

July 8, 2008, 3:58 pm CDT

LOL

Quote From: ramair

And, suppose you become impotent? would that relieve your wife of her vow to be faithful? I always thought marriage was much more than just sex!
Oh lord I could not have put it better.

July 8, 2008, 4:00 pm CDT

She admitted she wasn't his lover.

Quote From: ron_amber

Sorry to burst your bubble but there was no refusal to have sex. We did just fine and probibly better than most. No less than 5 times a week and most days even twice. The lack of having sex was not any sort of factor. Just plain old good stupidity.

This is false.  They weren't having sex.  Amber admitted that she had stopped being a "friend and a lover".

July 8, 2008, 4:38 pm CDT

Michael's Website

Does anyone know the website address that Michael started?  I'd like to look it up.

July 8, 2008, 4:54 pm CDT

Amanda

Amanda suffers from either a low self esteem or is depressed. I had the same problem a bit younger than her, and was also attractive enough. I think Amanda needs to see pictures of the famous people she want s to look like without their make up, or between movies when they aren't working out. She needs to understand that is WHY they are paid so much, it is BECAUSE they are different from the norm. The norm is quite all right. Amanda is a beautiful girl, but she won't believe it without counseling and I pray she stays away from a relationship until she is healed, because the wrong man could damage her. 

July 8, 2008, 4:58 pm CDT

Cheating Husband

When I found out my husband cheated and I filed for divorce, it was awful at the time, but it was the best thing that ever happened to me. There were times I thought I couldn't get through it, but I am so glad another woman came into the picutre! Now she is stuck with that jerk! I have a wonderful husband now!

July 8, 2008, 5:00 pm CDT

Rachel

That could have been me sitting up there. I too had a great career & strong work ethics. I have two fabulous daughters, one is 10 years old & the other is turning one in 2 days!!! I guess I get frustrated thinking that I am "wasting" my life staying home with my girls. I stayed home with my oldest & I know she is who she is because of it & I definately want to give my youngest the same advantage. But, when do I get to prepare for MY future? I mean when the girls are grown & gone then what??

July 8, 2008, 5:00 pm CDT

07/08 Ask Dr. Phil

This is false.  They weren't having sex.  Amber admitted that she had stopped being a "friend and a lover".

This woman was talking about her own life....I think she'd know if she was having sex or not.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last