Message Boards

Topic : 07/08 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 64
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:00:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil opens up his mailbag to answer your burning questions! Amanda has been wanting plastic surgery since she was 16, and now that she's an adult, she's asked her sister, Angel, for birthday money so she can get liposuction and breast implants. She’s even considering dropping out of college so she can save money for the many procedures she wants. Angel worries her little sister could become addicted to cosmetic surgery. Next, will Michael’s plastic surgery nightmare change Amanda’s mind? Unsatisfied with the results of his first rhinoplasty, Michael found a world-renowned plastic surgeon to perform his second. When he got home, he documented the horrific result -- the tip of his nose turning black and falling off. See why he’s had three surgeries so far and plans on more. Then, Amber recently learned that her husband, Ron, had an affair. She says can't stop thinking about the other woman and doubts she'll ever get over it. Why does Ron think the affair had a positive effect on their marriage? Plus, meet a wife and mother torn between her career and her family, and don't miss a ravishing audience room makeover by Robin!  Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 11, 2008, 1:15 pm CDT

07/08 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: ramair

So many people, we women especially it seems, expect marriage to be an extension of the dating life. And, some men expect marriage after children to be an extension of marriage before children. Before your three children, Ron had no one else to share you with. Now, he's got to share you with three people he helped to create. Deal with it, Ron! Amber didn't get pregnant all by herself!
It is hard to give 4 people - Ron and the kids all the attention they need. Ron didn't think I was giving him enough attention (not sex), just affection such as holding hands or hugging and kissing more and he pointed this out to me numerous times, so I would try and give him more attention but after a week or so it was to hard for me to manage. I was working, had the kids and holding down the house. It's a huge responsibility for me and I'm learning now how to balance things out. If only I could squeeze a little more ME time in!!!!!!!!

July 19, 2008, 4:57 pm CDT

Ask Dr. Phil

A lot of these people need Therapy.......

July 21, 2008, 2:45 pm CDT

Disappointment

The "verbs" seem to have fell out of Phil's sentences. I am quite disappointed in the show's focus as of late. It seems to have shifted from a show that I could watch and take something away to better myself, to shock and drama. Focus has shifted to problems that I canot really relate to, and noone I would associate with have these problems...  When the shows have a interesting topic, the bazarro extream guests are chosen. I use to love the show! Now when it captures my attention for the hour, I feel dirty, like I have cheated myself out of an hour, I'll never get back. It is starting to remind me of other shows that don't cater to my demographic. We have replaced the real families with problems I can relate to, with a "moment of reflection." If you have a good show, you don't have to summarize it! I got it the first time!  I'm starting to wonder if there are cute body guards and bonuses for those who put on a better act... Where are the shows for inteligent, educated adults with families that would like to grow as individuals? As I listen to the invitations to be on the show if...It doesn't seem like the future shows will be for me either....

July 8, 2009, 7:12 pm CDT

Maybe Not Dr. Phil

Quote From: PennyLane78

He's still a minor, you should take him to therapy.

No, this is not good for him. People need human contact.

You are the parent, take his computer away from him. As long as he can hide there he will. This kind of thing is not that different from a drug addiction. Would you keep drugs in your home if he was an addict? Would you keep alcohol in your home if he was an alcoholic?

Get rid of the computer. He needs to be in therapy...
I spoke to my son when he was in high school, and the answer we were given for similar actions, was that "I can either hang out with kids doing drugs, I can hang out with drinkers, or I can hang out with kids that believe in some pretty scarey sacraficial kind of behavoir.  This son just went to law school.  He has two bachelor degrees.  He is an awesome kid.  Just try first talking to them to see why they need to just hang in a safe place like home.  Maybe this is the only place to be at this time that makes sense to him.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page