Message Boards

Topic : 07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Number of Replies: 175
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:02:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They’ve been called the modern day Bonnie and Clyde. Twenty-six-year-old Josh Rich and his young bride, Kylee, became wrapped up in a story that read like a Hollywood screenplay. As newlyweds, the pair allegedly committed three armed bank robberies, using the money from one heist to pay for their honeymoon. Dr. Phil tells the tale of these two star-crossed lovers, from their first encounter through their action-filled arrests, and sits face to face with Kylee as she lays out her version of events. Is she a hardened criminal who deserves to be behind bars, or a naïve little girl whose husband greatly took advantage of her? Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Kylee’s parents. How did she go from A student to armed robbery, and what was their role? Plus, Kylee stands face to face with her parents with an emotional plea you won’t want to miss! Next, Josh’s family weighs in. His brothers and sisters describe the Josh they know and how his encounters with the law have affected them. Could Kylee have played a larger role in the robberies than she claims? Facing up to 20 years in prison, Kylee finally faces a judge for sentencing. Will the scales of justice tip in her favor? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2008, 5:17 pm CDT

07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

I am a recent victim of two bank robberies and was held at gun point two times. This girl had many choices. She chose to marry the jack ass. She chose to do drugs. She chose to drive to the bank that day.She also chose to stay with this man. I had no choice those two days that I went to work and had a gun pointed in my face. It is extremely traumatizing and very difficult to go to work everyday. Yes, I could get another job but I love my job and I put 21 years in. I am sure this scum bag and his girl friend has no idea what it is like to be on the other end of the gun. I think she is just as quilty as him She could have done something about it and chose not to. I would love to meet her face to face and give her a piece of my mine.

July 24, 2008, 5:31 pm CDT

Quote From: tkenney77

For everyone out there that thinks it is okay to judge you better stop!  Kylee is my cousin and I think that I know a little more about the situation than you.  My aunt and uncle paid for everything for the wedding and everything else.  I agree that maybe Kylee wasn't in her right mind when she agreed to drive the car on the last robbery (she had no knowledge of the first 2) but when a gun is involved in helping you make that decision what else would you do?  The media either don't get all the facts or the little bit they get are not true or messed up.  She has done her time and will be getting the help that she needs.  She has a job waiting for her and a huge extended family that love and support her.  Everyone makes mistakes, don't judge until you know all the facts!
I sure hope she doesn't get a gun in her face when she goes to work. I don't care what the facts are.I dont believe for one minute she didn't know about the other robberies. As for her being in her "right mind"-she had many choices. She choice to marry the scum bag, she choice to do drugs, she chose to stay with him even though he was abusive, She also chose not to warn the cops or the bank about the robbery. Those people did not choose to get a gun pointed at them. I am a victim of 2 bank robberies and it is extremely traumatizing. It is very hard to go to work everyday.  As far as I am concerned she is just as guilty as him.

August 13, 2008, 12:49 pm CDT

Quote From: nans0428

I sure hope she doesn't get a gun in her face when she goes to work. I don't care what the facts are.I dont believe for one minute she didn't know about the other robberies. As for her being in her "right mind"-she had many choices. She choice to marry the scum bag, she choice to do drugs, she chose to stay with him even though he was abusive, She also chose not to warn the cops or the bank about the robbery. Those people did not choose to get a gun pointed at them. I am a victim of 2 bank robberies and it is extremely traumatizing. It is very hard to go to work everyday.  As far as I am concerned she is just as guilty as him.
I fully agree with you. Kylee chose to do drugs. She chose to become sexually promiscuous. She chose to marry Josh. Her parents chose to pay for their wedding. And, they chose to air their "dirty laundry" on the Dr Phil Show. If they didn't want to be "judged", they had no business going on a show with a message board!

August 13, 2008, 12:58 pm CDT

Quote From: tkenney77

For everyone out there that thinks it is okay to judge you better stop!  Kylee is my cousin and I think that I know a little more about the situation than you.  My aunt and uncle paid for everything for the wedding and everything else.  I agree that maybe Kylee wasn't in her right mind when she agreed to drive the car on the last robbery (she had no knowledge of the first 2) but when a gun is involved in helping you make that decision what else would you do?  The media either don't get all the facts or the little bit they get are not true or messed up.  She has done her time and will be getting the help that she needs.  She has a job waiting for her and a huge extended family that love and support her.  Everyone makes mistakes, don't judge until you know all the facts!

It isn't your place to tell us we "better stop" posting our opinions. It isn't your message boardIt's Dr Phil's. And, he's invited us to post our opinions. The best way people can avoid being "talked about" on Dr Phil's boards is to stay off his shows.

October 1, 2008, 4:23 am CDT

Blind Justice

While I really sympathize with this young girl, and understand that stupid choices can be made, I really feel that the sentencing was very light. I cannot help but believe that If it was some poor kid without the resources and input from Dr Phil they would almost certainly have been sent up the river for a long time. Justice all over the world is the same - one for the well- off and another for the poor. I think the judge has sent the wrong message.

First | Prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | Next Page | Last Page