Message Boards

Topic : 07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Number of Replies: 175
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:02:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They’ve been called the modern day Bonnie and Clyde. Twenty-six-year-old Josh Rich and his young bride, Kylee, became wrapped up in a story that read like a Hollywood screenplay. As newlyweds, the pair allegedly committed three armed bank robberies, using the money from one heist to pay for their honeymoon. Dr. Phil tells the tale of these two star-crossed lovers, from their first encounter through their action-filled arrests, and sits face to face with Kylee as she lays out her version of events. Is she a hardened criminal who deserves to be behind bars, or a naïve little girl whose husband greatly took advantage of her? Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Kylee’s parents. How did she go from A student to armed robbery, and what was their role? Plus, Kylee stands face to face with her parents with an emotional plea you won’t want to miss! Next, Josh’s family weighs in. His brothers and sisters describe the Josh they know and how his encounters with the law have affected them. Could Kylee have played a larger role in the robberies than she claims? Facing up to 20 years in prison, Kylee finally faces a judge for sentencing. Will the scales of justice tip in her favor? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 8, 2008, 2:44 pm CDT

07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Quote From: umamason

If they are old enough to get married, which mean have kids also. They are old enough to go to jail and do their time. Which is all the better so they don't bring kids into this world and raise them like themselves. They both need to do time and grow up.
And, they should get no conjugal visits. To keep them from reproducing.

July 8, 2008, 2:48 pm CDT

Quote From: manofgoods

I think that one of the reasons they committed this crime (Armed Robbery) is because they can't afford to pay off for the honeymoon on their own & that it was too expensive. I'm sure that there were other (better) options.

You mean one of the excuses! To pay for a damn honeymoon! It wasn't like they were starving to death. Let them have a first honeymoon they can afford, however modest. And, have a second honeymoon later. The old fashioned way. By earning it!

July 8, 2008, 6:48 pm CDT

Quote From: shadycat1

Is anyone else sooooo tired of the Naive Little Girl thing, especially when this girl is pretty ? Sheesh.
She KNEW what she was doing, she AGREED to it.
Yes...SO tired.

All it does is perpetuate the idea that women are mindless children.

July 8, 2008, 7:18 pm CDT

Quote From: ramair

And, they should get no conjugal visits. To keep them from reproducing.
You guys are extremely judgmental.  If you knew more about the situation then you wouldn't be saying any of this crap so please try not to bag on people you know nothing about.

July 8, 2008, 7:21 pm CDT

Quote From: ramair

You mean one of the excuses! To pay for a damn honeymoon! It wasn't like they were starving to death. Let them have a first honeymoon they can afford, however modest. And, have a second honeymoon later. The old fashioned way. By earning it!
They didn't use the money for their honeymoon at all, that was the media spouting false information.

July 8, 2008, 7:36 pm CDT

Quote From: singingal8

You guys are extremely judgmental.  If you knew more about the situation then you wouldn't be saying any of this crap so please try not to bag on people you know nothing about.
 Wait a minute,
She participated WILLINGLY in armed robbery, but I suppose being Blond  All American etc. makes her the innocent victim, he took advantage of her Naivity, oh PUHLEES, NO ONE is that Naive to know that ARMED ROBBERY IS WRONG.
And do NOT pull the Battered Woman's Syndrome on me either, though I belive it DOES exist, I'm Canadian, and I remember well one woman who HELPED RAPE and KILL THREE teens, it was all on tape, but he made her.

July 8, 2008, 8:15 pm CDT

DISGUSTED

Disgusted,

How can everyone on these boards just bash these two? They are human beings too, being jerked around by the media, stories obviously mis-reported, like for the fact that she was only involved in the third attempt, not all three like the news still reports!

Do not judge these two, you have not been in there shoes or know the situation like they do, obviously there has been mistakes made and consequences has been set by a jury and a judge, you have no right to say what should happen or what these people are like without knowing them.

Again, I'm am totally and fully disgusted in what I have read here.

Good Guy in Utah

July 8, 2008, 9:58 pm CDT

Quote From: singingal8

I am dying to know what could POSSIBLY justify robbing a bank....please enlighten me!

July 8, 2008, 9:59 pm CDT

Quote From: goodguyutah

Disgusted,

How can everyone on these boards just bash these two? They are human beings too, being jerked around by the media, stories obviously mis-reported, like for the fact that she was only involved in the third attempt, not all three like the news still reports!

Do not judge these two, you have not been in there shoes or know the situation like they do, obviously there has been mistakes made and consequences has been set by a jury and a judge, you have no right to say what should happen or what these people are like without knowing them.

Good Guy in Utah

Hi good guy in Utah! I'm a mean girl in Utah! LOL jk

But seriously...robbing a bank is just...bad! What could possibly change my mind? I am really curious!

July 9, 2008, 6:01 am CDT

Quote From: goodguyutah

Disgusted,

Good Guy in Utah

I'm not bashing them; I'm just guessing on what happened.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last