Message Boards

Topic : 07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Number of Replies: 175
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:02:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They’ve been called the modern day Bonnie and Clyde. Twenty-six-year-old Josh Rich and his young bride, Kylee, became wrapped up in a story that read like a Hollywood screenplay. As newlyweds, the pair allegedly committed three armed bank robberies, using the money from one heist to pay for their honeymoon. Dr. Phil tells the tale of these two star-crossed lovers, from their first encounter through their action-filled arrests, and sits face to face with Kylee as she lays out her version of events. Is she a hardened criminal who deserves to be behind bars, or a naïve little girl whose husband greatly took advantage of her? Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Kylee’s parents. How did she go from A student to armed robbery, and what was their role? Plus, Kylee stands face to face with her parents with an emotional plea you won’t want to miss! Next, Josh’s family weighs in. His brothers and sisters describe the Josh they know and how his encounters with the law have affected them. Could Kylee have played a larger role in the robberies than she claims? Facing up to 20 years in prison, Kylee finally faces a judge for sentencing. Will the scales of justice tip in her favor? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 9, 2008, 6:31 am CDT

What About the Drugs?

This young woman started drinking, being promiscuous, and using drugs in high school. She can blame the drugs now, but she made the decision to use them. You don't get a free pass for being drugged out or drunk.

July 9, 2008, 7:05 am CDT

Newlywed Bank Robbers

Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil.  Tell me you did not buy that innocent act.  Tell me, how will you feel when she does something like this again?  And give her a chance to get back with that loser husband of hers and she will do it!!  Thanks to you, she's getting less time than some people do for traffic violations.  Shame on you!!  So she was diagnosed only as having no self esteem and some depression.  GIVE ME A BREAK.  She needed a J O B.  

Dr. Phil....why do you continue to help people who act stupid?????  Help someone who is hard working and doing all the right things but still struggle.  Oh...that wouldn't make for good ratings would it??????

July 9, 2008, 8:05 am CDT

Josh 57 years -- Kylee 15 months

How sickening.

In some states all accessories to a crime are judged equally, with "drivers" being executed for murder because they were in the get-away car, while the inside man shot someone. Of course those drivers were usually 18 year-old African American boys, not young women with blond hair.

What happened to the principles of feminism? We have 20 year-old women serving our country in Iraq. We have young women earning equal pay for equal work in management positions.

Then we have these situations where we seem to have regressed to the Victorian age where women are seen as helpless little flowers who aren't responsible for their own actions. Poor little Kylee was sitting in the driver's seat of the get-away car because she was "terrified." Not terrified enough to get out of the car and run away, I noticed.

I agree with Josh's sister. Kylee loved the bad boys, complete with their drugs, tattoos and easy money. I'm sure Josh could tell a sob story about how he was ready to go straight, but he was wrapped around the finger of a greedy girl who wanted heroin and fancy vacations and he was "terrified" of letting her down.

Yes, Josh's sentence should have been longer because of his previous offences, but Kylee should have done, at least, five years. The disparity is ridiculous and it sends a message that women aren't responsible for their actions.

July 9, 2008, 8:28 am CDT

THEY ARE BOTH CRAZY!!!

I THINK THAT IT IS JUST A HORRIBLE THING TO DO AND WHAT WOULD EVER MAKE SOMEONE DO SUCH A LOW DOWN DIRTY THING LIKE THAT??? I HAVE TO WORK EVERYDAY FOR THE THINGS I WANT AND NEED AND I FEEL LIKE I NEED A VACATION BUT I WILL NOT GO ROB A BANK IN ORDER TO GET TO GO SOMEWHERE HONEYMOON OR NOT THAT IS UNBELIEVEABLE AND I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR WHAT THEY DID AND IF THEY DON'T IT WILL SEND A STRONG MESSAGE TO CHILDREN OR ADULTS FOR THAT MATTER THAT IT IS OK BECAUSE THEY MAY NOT GET CAUGHT AND OR PUNISHED FOR THINGS THAT PEOPLE DO THAT IS WRONG!!! I LOVE YOUR SHOW DR. PHIL AND I WATCH IT EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO AND THE PEOPLE THAT YOU HELP OR TRY TO HELP!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

YOURS TRULY,

CHRISTENE--ATLANTA,Ga

July 9, 2008, 8:57 am CDT

Well then

Quote From: singingal8

You guys are extremely judgmental.  If you knew more about the situation then you wouldn't be saying any of this crap so please try not to bag on people you know nothing about.

I guess you don't think people should be judgmental about Charlie Manson and his gang of followers either, eh?    Several of Manson's followeres were reportedly from a good homes, too.  But when someone allows themselves to use heroin, cocaine and meth; when they can't censor themselves and their actions to conform within the law, society IMO has a right and a moral obligation to judge that person's behavior.  The day people become unwilling to judge another's behavior to determine "Is this accepable in society or not?" is the day they become as risk of going down the wrong path. 

Personally, I thought she looked like she was high during her interviews. 

If your family can't take the scrutiny, they shouldn't air their story on Dr. Phil.   

July 9, 2008, 9:12 am CDT

Your cousin is a drug addict & bank robber

Quote From: tkenney77

For everyone out there that thinks it is okay to judge you better stop!  Kylee is my cousin and I think that I know a little more about the situation than you.  My aunt and uncle paid for everything for the wedding and everything else.  I agree that maybe Kylee wasn't in her right mind when she agreed to drive the car on the last robbery (she had no knowledge of the first 2) but when a gun is involved in helping you make that decision what else would you do?  The media either don't get all the facts or the little bit they get are not true or messed up.  She has done her time and will be getting the help that she needs.  She has a job waiting for her and a huge extended family that love and support her.  Everyone makes mistakes, don't judge until you know all the facts!

If your family can't take being judged, going on Dr. Phil is an indication that your cousin Kylee isn't the only member of your family that shows poor judgment!   Heaven forbid anyone would think maybe your aunt and uncle didn't pay the tab for their daughter's quickie wedding!  

I hate to break it to ya, but most of the crack and heroin addicts I've dealt with have ended up with a gun pointed at them at some point.   It kinda goes with the territory.   Too bad someone in your huge, extended family didn't intervene to get her help when she started dabbling in drugs and hanging with "bad boys"  back in high school!  

Not everyone makes mistakes like becoming a drug addict, marrying someone you hardly know and robbing a bank!  If that passes as "normal" in your family you'd better ALL seek some help ASAP!

July 9, 2008, 9:19 am CDT

07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Quote From: plp1963

Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil, Dr. Phil.  Tell me you did not buy that innocent act.  Tell me, how will you feel when she does something like this again?  And give her a chance to get back with that loser husband of hers and she will do it!!  Thanks to you, she's getting less time than some people do for traffic violations.  Shame on you!!  So she was diagnosed only as having no self esteem and some depression.  GIVE ME A BREAK.  She needed a J O B.  

Dr. Phil....why do you continue to help people who act stupid?????  Help someone who is hard working and doing all the right things but still struggle.  Oh...that wouldn't make for good ratings would it??????

Maybe Kylee can hook up with Brandi Drumheller, the ex-Cheerleader who accidently ran down her former boyfriend and killed him when Brandi gets out of the slammer in Missouri!   Dr. Phil presented a pretty one-sided show which made Brandi look like some poor former A student whose life was ruined by choices she made after becoming involved with a "bad boy".   Their stories have a lot of similarities, except Dr. Phil made sure the point was made that Kylee wasn't as goody/goody as Brandi was made out on the Cheerleader show to be. 

July 9, 2008, 9:22 am CDT

I just wonder what would happen if this girl was black? Would she be on Dr. Phil? Would she be getting her brain mapped to determine if she has issues? um...

July 9, 2008, 9:26 am CDT

wow.. how can EVERYONE on here be so narrow minded?  people make mistakes..thats life.  there's not a single one of ya'll that can seriously say that you haven't done something regrettable..how would ya'll like to have your life thrown away over that mistake?  its kinda pathetic how this girl is obviously sorry and regretting what she did..and ya'll still want to tear her down..and want her life  to be thrown away out of pure ignorance to what really happened..its kinda dissapointing how judgemental this country has become..

July 9, 2008, 9:40 am CDT

You really can't blame the girl....i can bet that not many of you have been physically abused or threatened for it to happen....its terrifying, so who are you all to judge her...and everyone makes mistakes

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last