Message Boards

Topic : 07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Number of Replies: 175
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:02:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They’ve been called the modern day Bonnie and Clyde. Twenty-six-year-old Josh Rich and his young bride, Kylee, became wrapped up in a story that read like a Hollywood screenplay. As newlyweds, the pair allegedly committed three armed bank robberies, using the money from one heist to pay for their honeymoon. Dr. Phil tells the tale of these two star-crossed lovers, from their first encounter through their action-filled arrests, and sits face to face with Kylee as she lays out her version of events. Is she a hardened criminal who deserves to be behind bars, or a naïve little girl whose husband greatly took advantage of her? Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Kylee’s parents. How did she go from A student to armed robbery, and what was their role? Plus, Kylee stands face to face with her parents with an emotional plea you won’t want to miss! Next, Josh’s family weighs in. His brothers and sisters describe the Josh they know and how his encounters with the law have affected them. Could Kylee have played a larger role in the robberies than she claims? Facing up to 20 years in prison, Kylee finally faces a judge for sentencing. Will the scales of justice tip in her favor? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 9, 2008, 1:08 pm CDT

07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

I can't believe that people are being called judgemental for wanting justice for a bank robber. I also know someone who's husband was working in a bank when it was robbed at gunpoint. It was a horrible life-altering experience for him that has affected their whole family.

If she was a 20 year old black male, there would be no discussion of her developmental stage, peer pressure, whatever. They'd lock her up and throw away the key!

July 9, 2008, 1:09 pm CDT

Got off

I have never posted to this site before. I am a 46 year old male a victim of a crime. I sustained a T-10 spinal cord injury due to this crime and I am in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I lost my family because of the stress put onto us because of this crime.   I am furious at this system in America where an obvious person involved with a violent crime and due to a TV shows help pretty much gets off.  The person who was involved with my crime was 17 and out of prison by 19. He committed another violent crime soon after he was released.  I am sure this girl will re-offend also.  I seriously wonder if this girl was a young black male not as cute and cuddly without the help of Dr. Phil if she would of received the same sentence.

I find it impossible to believe that this woman didn't know where all the money was coming for vacations, drugs when her husband wasn't working.  The system and TV shows that help these criminals and treats them like victims sickens me.

Where was the help from Dr. Phil for all the people that had a gun shoved in their face 3 TIMES. I know what it's like and I can gaurantee they don't sleep well at night and have many emotional problems.  I guess it doesn't make for a good story that gets ratings as well as a cute, cuddly little white girl that is made to look like the victim. This little cute cuddly girl had all the opportunities this country has to offer and has no excuses.

I'M SICK OF THE CURRENT SYSTEM. WHERE IS MY HELP FROM A FAMOUS TV PERSONALITY. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE VICTIMES.  EVER! 

Now that Dr. Phil helped her get off I am sure a TV movie or talk shows making her tons of cash is in her future.

July 9, 2008, 1:25 pm CDT

WHATEVER

She belongs in jail. I don't feel one bit sorry for her. Shes got no excuse for what she done.

July 9, 2008, 1:45 pm CDT

Sorry I was left alone -- Sorry I was caught

While I appreciate people doing the unthinkable and regretting it, I saw and heard none of that in these criminals.  Frankly, I don't believe anything that comes out of the young woman's mouth.  Working with people, you learn that those who have changed admit error -- making no excuse for the misbehavior.

As for forgiveness, it is not my place to forgive them.  I've not been wronged by the robbery.  I will say that most people have a wrong concept of forgiveness.  Not allowing an offense to eat away at you as a victim is different from advocating a free walk for criminals.  Court systems judge criminals while forgiveness is an individual choice that benefits the person doing the forgiving.  

July 9, 2008, 1:53 pm CDT

newlywed bank robbers

From the get go, watching this show, I was consumed with anger.  Kylee acted as though she were reading from a script, oh wait, she was.............act the victim, blame someone else............get high profile Dr. Phil to send her for tests...........write recommendation to courts.

Excuse me.  Kylee was a drug addict, she did not become one because of Josh's influence.  There is prior history here.  He is not the first bad boy she has been involved with.  Where did she think the money was coming from???  She is no different than any other addict.  She liked the drugs, she didn't care where the money came from.  She involved herself in an armed robbery.   If she hadn't been caught she would not have left her supplier,  she would not claim to be be abused, threatened, etc.  It was her free will that brought her to that place, and the crime she committed. 

I believe whole heartedly that she should have received a stiffer sentence.  Yes, she is young, she is naive,  she may be rehabilitated.  But come on, you do the crime, you do the time. 

July 9, 2008, 1:57 pm CDT

To Josh's Sister

I don't usually find the need to write on message boards but Josh's sister made me angry.  She states that she thinks it was Kylie's idea.  And was it also her idea to take the getaway car and get caught while he sailed on by?!  She stated that he is a good person.  GOOD PEOPLE DON'T HOLD GUNS IN THE FACE OF DEFENSELESS PEOPLE, or leave their WIVES to take the rap for THEIR crime.  Wake up honey!  Your brother is a manipulator and a drug addict and hopefully will get the help he needs in jail where he belongs.

July 9, 2008, 1:58 pm CDT

ONLY 15 months??

WHAT???  Are they kidding me???  Did I not see her on that video robbing a bank or was it my imagination?  The really really sad thing is if she was a crack addict with wild hair and darker skin, she probably would have gotten life!! 

July 9, 2008, 1:59 pm CDT

Quote From: arknascarfan

She belongs in jail. I don't feel one bit sorry for her. Shes got no excuse for what she done.

Seriously she does.  Now she can get away with even more crimes like she has been for years with her parents, and now with the "lack" of a justice system.  She can boo hoo all she wants....Tough!  I didnt see her crying while she was robbing a bank.

July 9, 2008, 2:02 pm CDT

Shame on you Dr. Phil

I have been a fan since the begining.  I've defended you to liberals for years.  After today I have to rethink that.  How could you "possibly" get HELP for that loser and her loser parents?  The parents failed miserably in raising their daughter and now because she's trying to stay out of jail - she "pretends" to be stupid?? Easy thing to do and fool all the "Dr.'s" along the way.  Nice that you assisted in getting her a lighter sentence.  She should be rotting in jail with her boyfriend.  Help those who deserve it --- lots of kids have bigger problems than her and have had much less in their lives and they CHOOSE to be productive citizens.  It's such a huge joke.

July 9, 2008, 2:05 pm CDT

Quote From: txballplyr

wow.. how can EVERYONE on here be so narrow minded?  people make mistakes..thats life.  there's not a single one of ya'll that can seriously say that you haven't done something regrettable..how would ya'll like to have your life thrown away over that mistake?  its kinda pathetic how this girl is obviously sorry and regretting what she did..and ya'll still want to tear her down..and want her life  to be thrown away out of pure ignorance to what really happened..its kinda dissapointing how judgemental this country has become..

I dont think we are tearing her down, heck she did a pretty good job of that all by herself!!!  Curious, do you honestly say bank robbery is a "mistake"??

Her parents admitted they have not disciplined her; so she is used to getting away with things.

PS: On an earlier post I said she was on video, actually I didnt see that.....  just made a typo  LOL. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last