Message Boards

Topic : 07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

Number of Replies: 175
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:02:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
They’ve been called the modern day Bonnie and Clyde. Twenty-six-year-old Josh Rich and his young bride, Kylee, became wrapped up in a story that read like a Hollywood screenplay. As newlyweds, the pair allegedly committed three armed bank robberies, using the money from one heist to pay for their honeymoon. Dr. Phil tells the tale of these two star-crossed lovers, from their first encounter through their action-filled arrests, and sits face to face with Kylee as she lays out her version of events. Is she a hardened criminal who deserves to be behind bars, or a naïve little girl whose husband greatly took advantage of her? Then Dr. Phil has some hard questions for Kylee’s parents. How did she go from A student to armed robbery, and what was their role? Plus, Kylee stands face to face with her parents with an emotional plea you won’t want to miss! Next, Josh’s family weighs in. His brothers and sisters describe the Josh they know and how his encounters with the law have affected them. Could Kylee have played a larger role in the robberies than she claims? Facing up to 20 years in prison, Kylee finally faces a judge for sentencing. Will the scales of justice tip in her favor? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 4, 2008, 6:28 pm CDT

DoctorPhil Show.

Bank Doctor Newly Phil Robbers Wed. That is a new one on me. But I will watch it anyway. See you on------

Wednesday July 09th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell

July 5, 2008, 3:12 pm CDT

07/09 Newlywed Bank Robbers

get out!  No sympathy here.  They are both adults.  She and he have reached the age of reason.   they deserved to be locked up for the 20 years. 

July 6, 2008, 9:22 am CDT

Is anyone else sooooo tired of the Naive Little Girl thing, especially when this girl is pretty ? Sheesh.
She KNEW what she was doing, she AGREED to it.

July 6, 2008, 10:30 am CDT

Nothing new

I haven't even seen this show and I already know how it goes, town bad guy seduces the young innocent girl and talks her into a a few shortcuts in life.

Currently I work at a  drug rehab and I see this situation over and over the females in on our center hook up with the street thugs or bad boys as they see them and boom, they both leave the center and are out in the town breaking into homes and selling drugs.

I have no pity for female in this story, she knew what she was doing and should pay and then she will learn it was wrong.

July 6, 2008, 11:49 am CDT

Quote From: phayes

get out!  No sympathy here.  They are both adults.  She and he have reached the age of reason.   they deserved to be locked up for the 20 years. 

I think that one of the reasons they committed this crime (Armed Robbery) is because they can't afford to pay off for the honeymoon on their own & that it was too expensive. I'm sure that there were other (better) options.

July 6, 2008, 12:05 pm CDT

I don't understand why they are being compared with

Bonnie and Clyde.

Bonnie and Clyde were rotters, but these two don't compare with them at all.

Thankfully, they haven't killed anyone yet, and  they are unlikely to get any sympathy the B + C did befoe the killing started (many people during the Depression were glad when the banks who took their homes were robbed).

July 6, 2008, 11:44 pm CDT

gimme a break

Quote From: shadycat1

Is anyone else sooooo tired of the Naive Little Girl thing, especially when this girl is pretty ? Sheesh.
innocent my butt how old is she go to jail do ur time and think about how stupid you really are

July 7, 2008, 1:00 pm CDT

Bank Robbers

Quote From: janetmills66

innocent my butt how old is she go to jail do ur time and think about how stupid you really are
If they are old enough to get married, which mean have kids also. They are old enough to go to jail and do their time. Which is all the better so they don't bring kids into this world and raise them like themselves. They both need to do time and grow up.

July 7, 2008, 2:27 pm CDT

You don't know!

For everyone out there that thinks it is okay to judge you better stop!  Kylee is my cousin and I think that I know a little more about the situation than you.  My aunt and uncle paid for everything for the wedding and everything else.  I agree that maybe Kylee wasn't in her right mind when she agreed to drive the car on the last robbery (she had no knowledge of the first 2) but when a gun is involved in helping you make that decision what else would you do?  The media either don't get all the facts or the little bit they get are not true or messed up.  She has done her time and will be getting the help that she needs.  She has a job waiting for her and a huge extended family that love and support her.  Everyone makes mistakes, don't judge until you know all the facts!

July 8, 2008, 2:43 pm CDT

Quote From: shadycat1

I'm so tired of this "naive little girl" crap I could puke my guts out.
Anyone old enough to get married is old enough to know better.
It's my understanding the first of three robberies was to pay for a honeymoon he couldn't afford. And, I'll bet, she wanted.
She's equally guilty of all three robberies. And, should get the same sentence.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last