Message Boards

Topic : 07/11 Abducted from School

Number of Replies: 99
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 03, 2008, 01:07:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You might think of the classroom as a safe, protected environment for learning, but how safe is your child’s campus? Could a stranger take your little one right off the school grounds? That’s what happened to 6-year-old Kendall, who was abducted from a private Catholic school by a 47-year-old man she had never met before. Dr. Phil sits down with Kendall’s mother, Natasha, to hear her terrifying account of the abduction and the surprising racial aspect of the case. Did the school release Kendall to a total stranger just because he was black? Plus, Natasha sits face to face with the family of the man who kidnapped little Kendall. Emotions run high as they make a heart-felt plea for their son. Would he be better off in jail, or a mental institution? Next, Latoia's son, 4-year-old Zachari, was released by a teacher's aide to a complete stranger who rode up on a bicycle! Latoia and "Little Z" join Dr. Phil to tell how this potential tragedy turned out to be a comedic mix-up. But how could the school let this happen, and what measures are the administrators taking? And, Dr. Phil reveals what you need to know -- and more importantly, what your child needs to know -- to prevent an abduction, including some high-tech devices no parent should be without. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 4, 2008, 6:42 pm CDT

DoctorPhil Show.

Abducted Doctor From Phil School. Well at lease I was never abducted from my school. See you on Friday-

11th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell

July 5, 2008, 9:20 am CDT

Re; children being released to wrong folks.

If mother's are going to have a revolving door system with boyfriends living with them, they MUST change e the passwords that means it is indeed ok for this person to pick up the child from school.

What i think about the policy of allowing what amounts to strange men picking children up from school doesn't matter but it does matter that we keep those little ones safe.

just because he is hot in bed does not mean he is to be trusted with your most precious children. DO NOT DO IT>>>>>>>>

July 5, 2008, 10:14 am CDT

My Child was Abducted by Her Father

Excellent topic and long over due.  I have said for years that if you drop your child off at school and think your child is safe you are sadly mistaken.  My daughter is now 35.  When she was 10, that was twenty-five years ago, I made a trip to her school, showed them my custody and visitation papers and told the office staff that her father would probably try to take her and to say no to him.  About a month later he stole her from the play ground and then called the school and told them he had her.  They did not call me "because he sounded so nice."  Moving ahead to when her own daughter was in the 2nd grade, about 10-years ago, I went to the school to pick my granddaughter up.  The neighborhood was swarming with police.  As I sat in front of the school I counted 30 police cards pass.  Soon my granddaughter was released and walked to my car.  I got her into the car and we got out of the area.  When we got home I called the school and asked why it was not locked down?  The woman answering said no one had the authority to lock down the school.  Several months later I arrived to bring my granddaughter her lunch she forgot.  It was a rainy day and the children were eating in the classroom.  I found her with her classmates in the classroom unattended.  I was shocked. When I finally found an attendant who was walking back and forth looking into classrooms she told me that teachers were "entitled" to a lunch break.   It only takes a little effort to protect a child.

July 5, 2008, 2:00 pm CDT

abducted child

Quote From: hpmx59

Abducted Doctor From Phil School. Well at lease I was never abducted from my school. See you on Friday-

iam sorry to say this but now i think we should put micro chips in our children when born to trak them down, when  some  thing like this happens !    we do our dogs and other animals !!! 

I know its hirrible to say this but thats how i feel !

katherine 

from ohio

July 5, 2008, 2:00 pm CDT

abducted child

Quote From: hpmx59

iam sorry to say this but now i think we should put micro chips in our children when born to trak them down, when  some  thing like this happens !    we do our dogs and other animals !!! 

katherine 

from ohio

July 5, 2008, 2:14 pm CDT

help

I have sent email after email every week for the last 6 months to you and received nothing in return.  please help me save my grandchildren from drugs and their mother.  the mother encouraged the son ( bradley) who is now turned 18 years old, to quit school and use drugs, steal from anyone and i fear that he will get caught and be sent to jail. My granddaughter  (alyssia is 14 and wants to be a hooker) she now uses drugs and wants to quit school. My son is disabled with kidney failure and has to live with me and my wife.  the kids have not had a stable home for over 10 yrs.  the mother (angela)  lives with a know drug dealer and encourages all of the family to use drugs and drink alcohol.

you are my last hope . help me with my grandchildren.   Please help me

danny

July 5, 2008, 3:14 pm CDT

Abducted From Scool

Quote From: kriscerone

Excellent topic and long over due.  I have said for years that if you drop your child off at school and think your child is safe you are sadly mistaken.  My daughter is now 35.  When she was 10, that was twenty-five years ago, I made a trip to her school, showed them my custody and visitation papers and told the office staff that her father would probably try to take her and to say no to him.  About a month later he stole her from the play ground and then called the school and told them he had her.  They did not call me "because he sounded so nice."  Moving ahead to when her own daughter was in the 2nd grade, about 10-years ago, I went to the school to pick my granddaughter up.  The neighborhood was swarming with police.  As I sat in front of the school I counted 30 police cards pass.  Soon my granddaughter was released and walked to my car.  I got her into the car and we got out of the area.  When we got home I called the school and asked why it was not locked down?  The woman answering said no one had the authority to lock down the school.  Several months later I arrived to bring my granddaughter her lunch she forgot.  It was a rainy day and the children were eating in the classroom.  I found her with her classmates in the classroom unattended.  I was shocked. When I finally found an attendant who was walking back and forth looking into classrooms she told me that teachers were "entitled" to a lunch break.   It only takes a little effort to protect a child.

When I worked in daycare we had rules to follow for releasing a child to someone other than a parent.  First of all the parent needed to telll us in person or call and to speak to their child's teachers to inform them.   They would even describe the person.   That person was to show us a license with their name and had to sign a form. 

My children attended Catholic school and I was a lunch mother.  To give the teachers their lunch breaks, parents volunteer to be in the classroom during that time peroid.  The children were never left unattended.

The kids ate their lunches in the classroom and then we supervised the playground for recess. Of course this was over 30 years ago and now more parents work during the day. but school should look for parentsor grandparents to volunteers.

July 5, 2008, 7:10 pm CDT

yikes

It's like these schools don't seem to care what happens to our kids when they are there. First you got teachers either hitting kids or molesting them. Now we got them turning kids over to kidnappers what is wrong with schools these days?

July 5, 2008, 8:11 pm CDT

abducted from school

Years ago we lived on the island of Hawaii. Since we were there for military  duty no other  family  memberswere with us. One day I went to pick up my 4 year old daughter from school and was told she left with "some guy".   Dad  was away for 3 months on submarine duty, I felt a horrible fear. The woman said my baby wanted to go with this "guy" He picked  her up and they left!! No ID check NOTHING. I couldn't believe she was telling me this. How could some "guy" come into a school for little kids and walk out with the first one that he could pick up. I went insane with fear and promised the school teacher there was only one place I could check and if she wasn't there, my baby was gone. My daughter was one of the lucky ones as I found her at a friends home. They were friends of the family but had never picked her up before, they came with another friend to pick up there child and when Amanda saw him he obliged and took her home but never called me. I see stories all the time about missing children and know how the parents must feel, it is beyond description how helpless you feel. My children are all drilled on who can pick them up and what to do if somebody tries to pick them up. Parents never stop worrying about their children, and I guess it's because we know the reality of the world and there are alot of crazy people out there.

July 5, 2008, 8:45 pm CDT

I Agree

Quote From: pala50

katherine 

from ohio

i agree 100% i am so scared that some one will take my children when i am around or even not around.  my child goes to a private school and i am always calling the school and telling them day in and day out that no one is to check out my child but me but thank god that at her school they have a rule that if you come to check out a child you  have to show a picture id and thank god for that

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last