Message Boards

Topic : 08/26 Legal Wars

Number of Replies: 68
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 21, 2008, 04:04:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What happens when family feuds turn into legal wars? The story of Chana and her husband, Simon, made national headlines when their bitter divorce turned into the Wall of the Roses. A judge ordered that a wall be built in their home to separate the feuding couple. Chana says she's imprisoned because her husband of 21 years controls everything, and she has no access to their million-dollar fortune. She makes some shocking claims about Simon, including the allegation that he has installed surveillance cameras to spy on her. Simon chose not to participate in the show, only to listen via phone. But what makes him so agitated that he gives up his vow of silence to interject in the middle of Dr. Phil's conversation with Chana? Is there an end in sight? Then, 19-year-old Logan admits he's addicted to speed and gets a rush driving 180 miles per hour. Nothing has slowed him down, not even facing felony charges, or his best friend dying in a car crash. His father says he has less than two weeks to get his act together, or he's kicking him out! What's at the root of Logan's need for speed, and will Dr. Phil's wake-up call inspire him to put his foot on the brakes? And, find out what legal expert Lauren Lake thinks about these cases. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 26, 2008, 1:54 pm CDT

Fast kid?

I"d like to start off by saying that am a 21 year old who also enjoys the speed and illegal street racing scene . . . being that i am and have been around the so called "street racing scene" i can tell that this kid on this show is what we call a poser . . . . . . . the olny problem with him is imaturity  . . . . . . the boy on the show belongs to a crowd known as "The Ricers" which is the group of kids who like to take their mothers 4 cylinder civic, accord, neon, cavelier and many other cars not listed and try to make them perform like a Camaro, Viper, Corvette, Ferrari, Porshe  and respected high performance cars .  . . . . . . uh uh . . . . . NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Give him a drivers ed course!

August 26, 2008, 1:54 pm CDT

ghost ride the whip

this dumb kid doesn't even know what this is. "ghost ride the whip" is when you get out of the vehicle while it's still moving and dance around beside it. kind of a moving chinese fire drill. wouldn't satisfy his speed need but still another dumb thing to do. hopefully he'll be in jail soon and off the streets if he won't change his ways before he kills someone.

August 26, 2008, 1:58 pm CDT

Speed Racer

Truly disappointed by this little kid . . . . . . . . He needs to stop seeing Paul Walker as his Idol and realize that Fast and the Furious is a movie and just that A MOVIE!

August 26, 2008, 1:59 pm CDT

08/26 Legal Wars

Quote From: boobooiseeyou

Chana if things were so bad and the wall hurt you so much you would walk out that door. So i am going to tell you what is going on! You are about the money and getting revenge. If there is abuse you are thriving on it. I will tell you what I and other abused women have done. I LEFT EVERYTHING!!!! Money! Home! Cars! I ran!!! I grabbed my children and ran for our lives. I got out and then fought for our very lives  and stood up to him. I have no sympathy for you Chana.
  I tend to agree,,what is this lady teaching her chidren?i do not care how old they are.my mother believed her ex-husband loved her ,that he would not hit her again,,,all she wanted was a home filled with love ,she got a shovel to her head ,,a coma for months ,,,lost her life as she knew it,walked with a limp ,when she finnally could walk, never to wear heels again on easter sunday,had to learn to talk,eat ,write,,everything again,,,then demenita set in ,an it all started all over again.she was a kind an, very beautiful woman ,in most eyes she had it made,,,don't think it won't happen to you,Chana,,,,stop this way of thinking today,life is really short,stop , just stop this NOW......how do you want to be remembered?that is my question?

August 26, 2008, 2:06 pm CDT

08/26 Legal Wars

It's very clear that the women is only after the money.   Sad it seems like she can't manage her money and milking her husband.

The "speed racer" guy didn't even seem fazed and it shows clearly that he doesn't care how he effect other people lives.    He blames everything on something else and clearly only thinks about himself...He won't change.    

August 26, 2008, 2:28 pm CDT

She needs to get to a Women's Shelter ///// Logan is truly Insane!

No woman in her right mind would stay with supposedly 3 "emancipated" children that she really doesn't have to feed and put up with that from the idiot! 

As far as Logan the speed demon goes,  that's exactly what's wrong with him.  The devil's got a hold of his  you-know-what and just egging him on!  He's trying to punish his father for the pain of his childhood and he's trying to live for his best friend who died PLUS  it would be a GOOD thing if the Judge sends him to jail for a minimum of 6 months for if nothing else but to cool his heels off!  THEN when and IF he's let out of jail HE NEEDS TO GO STRAIGHT INTO THE ARMY!  THEY'LL STRAIGHTEN HIM OUT FOR SURE! 

He is totally messed up!  My husband used to race at high speeds on the dirt track and a little Chicken"  here and there but he also knew when it was time to stop and he NEVER EVER put anyone in danger!   As a matter of fact he was actually 1 year away from Rookie NASCAR status when we met and stopped when we found out we were going to have our 1st child!   He didn't want to be out on the road and then I found out we were expecting our 2nd child.   Logan,  you need to stop, boy, and take stock of yourself and your relationship with your remaining family cos I'm gonna tell ya,  when they're gone, they're gone!  You won't have a second chance!   THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING!  

August 26, 2008, 2:35 pm CDT

Who does that kid think he is? As for that women...

Ummm the kid lives in your house, take the keys away, call the cops when you know he's doing it. Its better than a dead kid! Then teach him some proper respect for other drivers. He could kill someone!

As for that women...I think shes in it for the money but that guy did not even let Dr. Phil get a word in when he needed to take a break...how do you think he treats his wife and if he hates her so much MOVE  STUPID!!! They deserve each other...what  joke!

August 26, 2008, 2:58 pm CDT

Phil missed the boat

Dr Phil

I really believe you have lost touch with the system since you have been busy doing TV. The legal system does not work any longer if you are a woman.

Judges are not to allow their own personal feelings enter in, but that is inpossible.

I have met any number of women you have been married 20plus years and are now out on the street because the courts didn't work for them

Lampoil

August 26, 2008, 2:59 pm CDT

Judicial Rape

Quote From: grandmamac4

This is the courts actions that cause this problem with the family. Why would a court order such an order? This mother has been abused and now has to deal with the results of the order from the courts with her son. I am sorry this happened to this family. It's happening all over the U.S. Here are true stories of mothers in Wisconsin that were forced to give their children to the abuser. It's time for change and giving the voice to the family of the courts 'This is a cycle that needs to be stopped'. Hold the judges and court mediatiors accountable.

. Women abuse is Child abuse. What can be done about this?

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/assembly/asm76/news/Custody%20and%20Domestic%20Violence.htm

Sincerely,

Grandmamac4

I was so happy to read your posting.  I have never been on this site, however I was so frustrated and angry when I heard Dr Phil's and the attorney's reply this afternoon, I had to respond. There are thousands of woman across the country who have been abused by the court system and attorneys.  I would love to hear your story and the stories of others like you. My feeling is, it is the legal system, attorneys and the laws that are in place, that cause a great deal of domestic violance. Motion churning, dragging woman, in partiular through court for years with no relief. Men who abscond, judgments which are useless. We can do business in China but we can't enforce will non-support orders across our own United States. It infuriates me. What makes me even more furious is Dr Phil's response to this woman today, along with the attorney. If Dr Phil thinks that the courts and other establishments can't be bought or controlled, he is ignorant of what goes on in the real world. I would love to hear back from you.

August 26, 2008, 3:05 pm CDT

Your Mother

Quote From: mjmoorle

If your living the life your telling the world about, then leave.  There are shelters and places that will help you get back on your feet.  I hate hearing mothers complain that they aren't getting child support.  My mother hasn't recieved child support for me in years, and my father now owes over $16,000.  I'm now going into my 3rd year of college, and trust me that money is desperately needed as I've paid for tuition, books, and rent on my own.  All your children are over the age of 19...I'm pretty sure it's about time for them to start supporting themselves. 
I don't know how many years your mother invested in her marriage, however you need to get real! Your mother is entitled to that money and should be getting it. You don't know the circumstances surrounding that woman who was on today. Do you really know for sure that, that woman is not being abused? You sound like you come from a postion of never having been through it. There are thousands and thousands of woman out there who suffer because of the court system and attorneys. The laws need to be changed. You would serve your mother well to support her.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last