Message Boards

Topic : 08/26 Legal Wars

Number of Replies: 68
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 21, 2008, 04:04:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What happens when family feuds turn into legal wars? The story of Chana and her husband, Simon, made national headlines when their bitter divorce turned into the Wall of the Roses. A judge ordered that a wall be built in their home to separate the feuding couple. Chana says she's imprisoned because her husband of 21 years controls everything, and she has no access to their million-dollar fortune. She makes some shocking claims about Simon, including the allegation that he has installed surveillance cameras to spy on her. Simon chose not to participate in the show, only to listen via phone. But what makes him so agitated that he gives up his vow of silence to interject in the middle of Dr. Phil's conversation with Chana? Is there an end in sight? Then, 19-year-old Logan admits he's addicted to speed and gets a rush driving 180 miles per hour. Nothing has slowed him down, not even facing felony charges, or his best friend dying in a car crash. His father says he has less than two weeks to get his act together, or he's kicking him out! What's at the root of Logan's need for speed, and will Dr. Phil's wake-up call inspire him to put his foot on the brakes? And, find out what legal expert Lauren Lake thinks about these cases. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 26, 2008, 3:11 pm CDT

Legal Wars

Quote From: dixielou

I tend to agree,,what is this lady teaching her chidren?i do not care how old they are.my mother believed her ex-husband loved her ,that he would not hit her again,,,all she wanted was a home filled with love ,she got a shovel to her head ,,a coma for months ,,,lost her life as she knew it,walked with a limp ,when she finnally could walk, never to wear heels again on easter sunday,had to learn to talk,eat ,write,,everything again,,,then demenita set in ,an it all started all over again.she was a kind an, very beautiful woman ,in most eyes she had it made,,,don't think it won't happen to you,Chana,,,,stop this way of thinking today,life is really short,stop , just stop this NOW......how do you want to be remembered?that is my question?
The point of the issue is: you should not have to go through what this woman, or your mother did! The laws need to be changed. Just because someone has the strength and the opportunity to leave, does not mean that, that is the answer. The legal system and attorneys are abusing woman everyday, and it has to stop! Dr's Phil's comment about the court system was ignorant. If you don't think that Judges can't be bought, you are nieve. I speak from experience.

August 26, 2008, 3:12 pm CDT

legal wars

why can't more cities put up race tracks for kids.  they had all kinds of them when I was growing up.  it would be safer, some type of control, gets the dangerous cars off the streets and the kids can get a chance to show off their cars.   from what I see the drive better cars than I can afford, and if they are driving such a car,  the tracks can charge a small fee, and they can race without hurting innocent citizens and if they get hurt  oh well.   they know going in the consequences.

August 26, 2008, 3:19 pm CDT

Dr Phil certainly missed the boat

Quote From: ahavaisrael

Dr Phil

I really believe you have lost touch with the system since you have been busy doing TV. The legal system does not work any longer if you are a woman.

Judges are not to allow their own personal feelings enter in, but that is inpossible.

I have met any number of women you have been married 20plus years and are now out on the street because the courts didn't work for them

Lampoil

He must have been at the airport, ha! A bit of humor from a very frustrated woman. I would love to hear from you. I am furious with Dr Phil's response and the response of the attorney. The information given was not true. It is the system, the courts, the judges and the attorneys who are causing domestic violance, to a great degree. I am one of those woman you spoke of,  who was married for 29 years.

August 26, 2008, 3:34 pm CDT

Legal Wars

Quote From: earthwindfire

What this woman is going through is torture. I believe that her husband is using his power and influence to steer things in his favor, and I would have to disagree with Dr. Phil when he says that is a rare event. I believe that Dr. Phil wouldn't allow himself to be bought, but judges and police are bought and sold everywhere. No judge in his right mind would allow a wall to be erected in a home to separate a couple.

I understand that this may be easier said than done, but if I were her, I would let him have that house and everything in it. Sanity is worth more than money. Take the kids and go get a two bedroom apartment somewhere and let him have his money and power. I don't want anyone to think that this is easy, but before I allow a man to degrade and disrespect me, I would take my child and go live with a relative or a friend until I was able to stand on my own two feet.

That's why a woman should ALWAYS have an emergency fund...

Bravo to your response to Dr Phil's comments. Of course Judges, Police and other influencial establishments are bought and paid for everyday. I don't know about the Judge who ordered the walls to be erected, however woman should not have to suffer the way they do,  to fight a system that is broken and attorneys who simply exist to take their money. Many a woman has lost her life and has been sentenced to a life of suffering because of the system. It is about changing the system.

August 26, 2008, 3:44 pm CDT

Chana

What was with Chana?... She fisrt came on and sounded all innocent with something like a hungarian accent. As soon as Simon started talking, Chana started speaking with a very strong NY accent.
Hmmmm

August 26, 2008, 4:05 pm CDT

Disreguard for Life

That young man who says that he is addicted to speed shows such a disreguard for life. His life, his friends lives and the lives of the innocent potential victims of his destructive ways. I was raised around racing. The first thing that you are taught is RESPECT. Respect the machine that you are putting your body into, respect the speed that you are about to make that machine that you are in achieve, you respect the fact that there are other human beings that will be out on that track with you.

It freightens me and saddens me the complete disreguard that young man has for what he is doing. I do thank god that NASCAR has such strick rules and regulations, especially when it comes to drug testing.

I truely hope that young man does not kill someone who just happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

My son is a firefighter who has been part of the first responding team to accidents just like the one that took the life of that young mans friend. There also has been several incidents that my son, while driving an emergency vehicle to a call that has almost been hit because of someone speeding and their reckless driving.

I hope that young man gets the help that he needs before he kills someone.

August 26, 2008, 4:19 pm CDT

Legal Wars

Quote From: ahavaisrael

Dr Phil

I really believe you have lost touch with the system since you have been busy doing TV. The legal system does not work any longer if you are a woman.

Judges are not to allow their own personal feelings enter in, but that is inpossible.

I have met any number of women you have been married 20plus years and are now out on the street because the courts didn't work for them

Lampoil

The courts don't work for them because the Congressmen and Senators are mostly men. The system is designed to protect the, "the good old boy network". You are right, there are many woman who are out there, who have been married 20plus years and who are one step, or who are living on the street. My first posting to you was deleted. I would love to hear back from you.

August 26, 2008, 4:23 pm CDT

Corruption in the courts

I find it hard to believe that a man of your intelligence does not acknowledge the fact that there is corruption in our courts and law enforcement agency's across the country. Come visit my county and the surrounding counties and it will be obvious.

August 26, 2008, 4:30 pm CDT

08/26 Legal Wars

This guy is nuts. Chana you need to take your kids and move out. Go to a shelter. Get some help.

August 26, 2008, 4:34 pm CDT

dirty brewing in small towns

Dr. Phil, I can not believe that you actually believe that no one controls the courts.  I live in a small town and it is all about who knows who in the police department and our court system.  There is some dirty hometown brewing going on in these small towns.  I see it happen every day.  It is a shame that our tax dollars are spent on people who abuse the system and the officials that allow it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last