Message Boards

Topic : 08/26 Legal Wars

Number of Replies: 68
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 21, 2008, 04:04:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What happens when family feuds turn into legal wars? The story of Chana and her husband, Simon, made national headlines when their bitter divorce turned into the Wall of the Roses. A judge ordered that a wall be built in their home to separate the feuding couple. Chana says she's imprisoned because her husband of 21 years controls everything, and she has no access to their million-dollar fortune. She makes some shocking claims about Simon, including the allegation that he has installed surveillance cameras to spy on her. Simon chose not to participate in the show, only to listen via phone. But what makes him so agitated that he gives up his vow of silence to interject in the middle of Dr. Phil's conversation with Chana? Is there an end in sight? Then, 19-year-old Logan admits he's addicted to speed and gets a rush driving 180 miles per hour. Nothing has slowed him down, not even facing felony charges, or his best friend dying in a car crash. His father says he has less than two weeks to get his act together, or he's kicking him out! What's at the root of Logan's need for speed, and will Dr. Phil's wake-up call inspire him to put his foot on the brakes? And, find out what legal expert Lauren Lake thinks about these cases. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 26, 2008, 8:10 pm CDT

From a Concerned Mother

I think it is a shame that this good looking healthy young man doesn't appreciate how fortunate he is, and to have a wonderful family who loves him so much, and that he disrespect's his father.

I think the judge at his court hearing should first take his Drivers License away for a year, and then sentence him to community service of riding with our Rescue Drivers to bad wrecks so he can see first hand what it is like to remove whatever is left of mangled or badly damaged bodies from car-wrecks, and have him help clean up the wreck scene too, also he could ride with the local Police to see what they have to deal with when arresting drug dealers and users, etc. or perhaps he could do some work at rehab centers, so he could see the physical therapy people have to go through to learn how to walk, or use their arms, or learn to speak or recover from the many things that happen to people in car accidents, by careless drivers.

I don't think the pictures will do it alone. I too am worried for him.

August 26, 2008, 9:02 pm CDT

Chana's Drama

It was unbelievable to hear another woman going through the exact situation I am experiencing at this very moment. She is telling the truth. People work for money....her husband controls the money....he is in control...she is suffering because money speaks!!!
I was married for 26 years - 3 beautiful children- I trusted my husband for everything - I gave up my job and my independence to be his wife...one day he decided to transition into a tatooed, muscle bound, motorcycle person hanging with his personal trainer -people half his age....at 64 that is really stupid!!!
Annual income $1,500,000 (26 years) and when he left he declared we are in debt....now I live in poverty (his new lifestyle with his motorcycle chick continue to enjoy the lifestyle we had for 26 years) waiting for the trial. There is no justice when money is involved. Chana is telling the truth.....

Ms. Chana is really in a desperate situation...just as I am. I had no money to hire an attorney to represent me in the dissolution...my ex (to be) controls all the community funds. It takes money to be represented and go to court. No attorney will work for nothing. I had to sell many of my personal possessions to hire my attorney. Thank God I have many friends that have loaned me money and continue to support me both financially and emotionally during this most difficult time. Chanas story is serious and the law needs to change ...
I intend to do help other women who end up in this situation. When you love ...you trust...you commit for life....love and trust...marriage --vows---for better or worse till death do us part...ok --one person changes their mind and it's over....the other person suffers from betrayal... my message to all married women--PROTECT YOURSELF.....READ EVERYTHING....
DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING WITHOUT READING IT!!

August 26, 2008, 9:03 pm CDT

I agree with concerned mother

Just recently, there have been two  teens close to where I live who were killed from car racing! The young man was racing his corvette, I have heard he too raced for money! The girl just took a ride with him. I heard that the police said that they never have seen anything like that accident before. I can't even imagine what the car looked like after the accident happened!  I did not know the kids, but they live very close in my community.  Both kids used to work at a grocery store that I like to shop at.  Just thinking of those two young lives lost so tragically is hard, and I don't even know them!  I feel so bad for the families and friends!  It was a very devastating loss of life!  So that young man on your show needs to wake up and smell the coffee! Get real kiddo!

August 26, 2008, 9:05 pm CDT

as a friend to Paul (Logan's friend)

To clarify Paul did not die in a street race or anything. He was cut off by a bike, he swerved and lost control. Yes he was speeding, but to clarify he was not racing or anything

August 26, 2008, 11:56 pm CDT

Jizzhead2006 needs to get facts together

Quote From: jizzhead2006

I"d like to start off by saying that am a 21 year old who also enjoys the speed and illegal street racing scene . . . being that i am and have been around the so called "street racing scene" i can tell that this kid on this show is what we call a poser . . . . . . . the olny problem with him is imaturity  . . . . . . the boy on the show belongs to a crowd known as "The Ricers" which is the group of kids who like to take their mothers 4 cylinder civic, accord, neon, cavelier and many other cars not listed and try to make them perform like a Camaro, Viper, Corvette, Ferrari, Porshe  and respected high performance cars .  . . . . . . uh uh . . . . . NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Give him a drivers ed course!
That kids car is a MK3 Supra, so you calling this JDM twin turbo inline 6 (All US came with singles) that runs again Mustang GT, Crobra and Z28. Come on now. He's not part of that crowd because he had a 77 Trans Am and now I hear he rolling a Z28....Don't jump the gun calling people ricers

August 27, 2008, 12:52 am CDT

Irresponsible father and son

Driving is a privilege and Logan and his father are dangerous and should not be allowed to drive. To the father and his son, you are both equally diseased with the lack of common sense and a lack of caring for others. If you drive irresponsibly you choose to hurt or kill others period.

There are no accidents! Logan your friend did not die in a accident he died because he chose his fate by being irresponsible.

August 27, 2008, 8:08 am CDT

steet raceing

if i was that kids dad i wood take a way his car that  is stopied  of him to do something like that he can kill some one or him

August 27, 2008, 9:13 am CDT

re

Quote From: cat71822

I think it is a shame that this good looking healthy young man doesn't appreciate how fortunate he is, and to have a wonderful family who loves him so much, and that he disrespect's his father.

I think the judge at his court hearing should first take his Drivers License away for a year, and then sentence him to community service of riding with our Rescue Drivers to bad wrecks so he can see first hand what it is like to remove whatever is left of mangled or badly damaged bodies from car-wrecks, and have him help clean up the wreck scene too, also he could ride with the local Police to see what they have to deal with when arresting drug dealers and users, etc. or perhaps he could do some work at rehab centers, so he could see the physical therapy people have to go through to learn how to walk, or use their arms, or learn to speak or recover from the many things that happen to people in car accidents, by careless drivers.

I don't think the pictures will do it alone. I too am worried for him.

i agee with you two the kid shurd a his drivers license and comnaty servis also

August 27, 2008, 9:27 am CDT

Difference Between Talent & Dangerous

Quote From: nansea

Dr. Phil (and to the parents of Logan) .   As terrifying as Logan's behavior may seem in the moment, how about reinforcing a talent natural to him.  His "need for speed" his ability to go 180 miles per hour ------1 8 0 miles per hour.  Not even in my dreams do I travel 180 mph.  How about reinforcing a talent this young man clearly has for precision of projection vs. speed and it's consequences-- instead of hammering him.? Are the DRUGS a GOOG THING?   NO NO NO -----absolutely NO!  This young man needs professional speed way coaching.  A sponsor on a speed way ---crazy commercials for cars ---I don't know, I'm not the doctor, but this is a young man I see who has a talent.  A crazy talent, but it's the talent we, as people at Datona, watching nutty car/speed related commercials get off on.  How about encouraging Logan to sport his talent constructively instead of hindering and depressing ---which I believe only drives him more into the drugs.

He saw a friend(s) crash and burn.  It happens.  I've seen family members die too, for incredibly stupid reasons.   Encouraging? No.  Life, yes.

Instead of suppressing a talent, how about placing it in perspective and making it a good thing.  I bet the need for drugs goes away when the PURE adrenaline is allowed.

Dr. Phil, didn't you see this one? 

BTW, I think you're very good most of the time. 

Respectfully,

nanSea in Canyon Country, CA

Are you kidding me? There is a HUGH difference between someone having a true, raw talent when it comes to driving abilities and just needs to have a strong guiding hand in developing the talent and someone just like Logan demonstrating selfish, self-centered, immature, drug induced mentality of 'I am 10 feet tall and bullet proof!'

The only thing that I do agree with what you said was that he needs to see someone professionally. BUT nothing to do with four wheels and an engine. He needs serious professional help to get his act clean and pull it together. Does he deserve to be behind the wheel of any vehicle. HELL NO. Logan and kids like him are playing Russian Roulette and instead of a gun in their hand, they have a 2000+ pound bullet in the form of a vehicle just waiting to go off and find its victim.

As for your reference of 'people at Daytona, watching nutty car/seed commercials get off on..' Bet you have never been to any legal race or motor sport event. Because then you would know the difference between legit races/events and illegal street races.

I just wonder if Logan is going to be whinning like Nick Hogan when and if Logan goes to jail for the choices he made.

August 27, 2008, 9:38 am CDT

Legal Wars, Street Racing

This is a problem that does need to get taken care of quite quickly. I have seen too many times where it has made the news because it has happened to others, not the driver, in a lot of different neighborhoods where certain people think that those areas are safe enough at that certain time of the day or night. They don't think about what would happen if them or their opponent were to hit someone else standing on the sidewalk, crossing in a crosswalk, or any other type of accident. They don't realize that same thing could happen to them, too.

I have almost had it happen to me when  I was crossing a street near my work one day. That person was only going about 30 M.P.H., but that could have definitely caused some pretty serious injury to me and the person that was with me at that time. I also know a person who had a son that did die from an accident caused from speed racing. We did went to the funeral, but were glad that we were not invited to the rosary. The accident scene was not a very pretty sight.

Dennis

Ca.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last