Message Boards

Topic : 08/26 Legal Wars

Number of Replies: 68
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 21, 2008, 04:04:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What happens when family feuds turn into legal wars? The story of Chana and her husband, Simon, made national headlines when their bitter divorce turned into the Wall of the Roses. A judge ordered that a wall be built in their home to separate the feuding couple. Chana says she's imprisoned because her husband of 21 years controls everything, and she has no access to their million-dollar fortune. She makes some shocking claims about Simon, including the allegation that he has installed surveillance cameras to spy on her. Simon chose not to participate in the show, only to listen via phone. But what makes him so agitated that he gives up his vow of silence to interject in the middle of Dr. Phil's conversation with Chana? Is there an end in sight? Then, 19-year-old Logan admits he's addicted to speed and gets a rush driving 180 miles per hour. Nothing has slowed him down, not even facing felony charges, or his best friend dying in a car crash. His father says he has less than two weeks to get his act together, or he's kicking him out! What's at the root of Logan's need for speed, and will Dr. Phil's wake-up call inspire him to put his foot on the brakes? And, find out what legal expert Lauren Lake thinks about these cases. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 28, 2008, 8:05 pm CDT

Support for Chana

I think it is absurd that people are reacting so harshly to Chana.  I think she should get more than what she has and I think it is so stupid that a judge would order a wall to be built inside a home of a man that has millions.  I think Dr Phil and the lawyer on this show did nothing to help this woman, on the contrary only accused her of lying.  I don't think any part of this piece was helpful to Chana.  I think it is very naive of anyone to think that a judge can't be bought.  I feel that if Dr Phil was not going to be sympathetic to this guest he should not have had her on the show.  In addition, he should have never allowed the female attorney to talk to Chana in a demeaning fashion. 

August 28, 2008, 8:12 pm CDT

the attorney in the audience

I cannot believe that a professional, educated person would sit in the audience and scold her about the kids needing to "feed themselves" at 18 years old when they are students!

So a father who has millions refuses to help put his children thorough college and that's ok?

I don't know what that woman's purpose was for being in the audience. She obviously went to college. I wonder if she had to fin for herself when she was trying to get an education.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, young adults who are trying to prepare themselves for a successful adult life should not be penalized because of their parents squabbling. Shame on her for trying to diminish the importance of helping to support college students if they have the ability to do so. Obviously he can, and is being spiteful in an attempt to hurt his wife. The kids deserve better!

August 28, 2008, 8:24 pm CDT

Kudos to who?

Quote From: ebruceii

To the ladies here complaining about the courts being in the man's favor... HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKING CRACK??? ONLY  for the rich, politically-connected man does any chance of "buying" the outcome of your case exist.

And for the millions of other men getting divorced who are NOT politically connected... be honest with yourselves, as you know EXACTLY what happens to them. They often end up in a one-bedroom hovel while paying for BOTH legal teams, paying the mortgage for a house they can no longer legally live in, making the car payments, right on down the line, while the ex sits there and does nothing to provide for herself.  Is THIS what all the bra-burning was for so many years ago? I think not. I know TONS of men in this unenviable position, which is a major reason why I am 37 and still not married.

The courts are still so heavily slanted in favor of  women and making sure she continues to live the "lifestyle she is accustomed to/entitled to".  What a load of rubbish. Why do you think so many women out there are gold-diggers? Because they KNOW that once they marry into money, then they have it made. Sad. I actually know a girl who married into money and soon after was quoted as saying "Now all I have to do is have that first kid as an insurance policy". Doesn't that turn anyone else's stomach?

KUDOS to the REAL WOMEN who have the guts to go out and get educated and stake their claim in the business world AND KUDOS to the women who get married for LOVE and only love. Sadly, the way it looks right now, you are apparently a dying breed.
Real Women are married to men just as Chana was. The husband refused her to work..."income tax purposes....stay home...how could a man of my status allow my wife to work....you are designed to raise our children....you are mine....do what i say....i love you and i will protect you...what else do you need?" Every woman would love and appreciate the words that that man said. Because women love and trust --they are so compelled to believe those men ...their husband. After 20 years of marriage ..are you sure the women are gold diggers- or were they so captivated by the love and adoration of these men that they actually fell in love and trusted that person....there is the other side and Chana has a real and true story that needs to be exposed......all women who think they are happily married ...BEWARE! just be smart.....protect yourself....

August 28, 2008, 8:30 pm CDT

thank you

Quote From: ginapep

I think it is absurd that people are reacting so harshly to Chana.  I think she should get more than what she has and I think it is so stupid that a judge would order a wall to be built inside a home of a man that has millions.  I think Dr Phil and the lawyer on this show did nothing to help this woman, on the contrary only accused her of lying.  I don't think any part of this piece was helpful to Chana.  I think it is very naive of anyone to think that a judge can't be bought.  I feel that if Dr Phil was not going to be sympathetic to this guest he should not have had her on the show.  In addition, he should have never allowed the female attorney to talk to Chana in a demeaning fashion. 

Your comment was so perfect. Thank you for addressing the problem and exposing stupid judges.
it continues on a daily basis. I really feel for Chana's position....she was a wife and mother...he chose to leave and in a very disturbing way... if she was a gold digger as others have suggested ...she would of planned a much better end to their marriage and would not find herself in this most devasating position.

August 30, 2008, 10:05 pm CDT

Logan - Street Racing

If Logan wants a state trooper to show up on his father’s doorstep with the news that Logan died in a car crash, Logan should keep street racing and that trooper will eventually show up.  Or because of Logan’s stupidity, others died in a crash.  And I say crash because that is exactly what a street racing consequence can be – a crash not an “accident.”  My son and his friends went weekly to our local race track.  At that time it cost $10.00 to enter and one could race down the quarter-mile in a safe environment.  They also had a good time just talking with other drivers, showing off their cars, etc.  On September 19, 2002, I lost my son, my only child, in a car crash.  My son was a passenger in his best friend’s car and they were returning to work after lunch.  According to the police, my son’s best friend and a co-worker were trying to see who could get back to work first.  The police also stated that these drivers had done this on prior occasions but nothing ever happened.  Well, it finally did, and my son paid the ultimate price.  My life was changed forever.  I won’t go into the details but the drivers were charged with vehicular homicide.  Logan, if you want to kill or hurt yourself, I could give two s****.  However, because you are a selfish kid (you think you are an adult but your actions show the opposite), you have no clue of the suffering that your family/friends and/or other families/friends would endure because of your foolishness.  There are other people on our roads and/or in your car so quit thinking of yourself and your “rush” and grow up and wise up!! 

September 5, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

Kudos to a real woman that has the guts to leave...thats who

Quote From: sfjustice

Real Women are married to men just as Chana was. The husband refused her to work..."income tax purposes....stay home...how could a man of my status allow my wife to work....you are designed to raise our children....you are mine....do what i say....i love you and i will protect you...what else do you need?" Every woman would love and appreciate the words that that man said. Because women love and trust --they are so compelled to believe those men ...their husband. After 20 years of marriage ..are you sure the women are gold diggers- or were they so captivated by the love and adoration of these men that they actually fell in love and trusted that person....there is the other side and Chana has a real and true story that needs to be exposed......all women who think they are happily married ...BEWARE! just be smart.....protect yourself....
 Um, not sure why you quoted me, since you didnt even come close to addressing my comments.

It's Chana's own fault for marrying such a jerk in the first place, let alone staying with him and having kids with him. You can bet that Simon's money was a huge factor in her sticking around as long as she did. The blind could see that. Chana's "story" as you call it is SO very common and age-old that its not even funny. She is simply looking for the easiest, most profitable way out of her marriage. If she were a REAL WOMAN she would simply LEAVE. Or even *gasp* go to school, get a job, and actually learn how to support herself. Playing the helpless divorcee role is just pitiful.

News flash:  Women AND MEN love and trust... it's a human trait. NOT a female trait.

September 5, 2008, 3:03 pm CDT

08/26 Legal Wars

Quote From: uglyiest

I am a woman and I so totally agree with you.  Women are always whining about how everything is unfair. 

It takes 2 to make a marriage work and it takes 2 to break a marriage up.  As you said the only time a court is on a mans side is if he is rich enough to buy them off.  And I dont care what anyone says,  just because you have children together is no excuse for the woman to get everything handed to her on a silver platter.  The assets gotten in the marriage should be split 50/50 and if either the man or the woman had anything before the marriage they should be able to keep what they had but everything else should be split.  Just because you have children doesnt mean the woman should automatically get the house. It should be sold

and the money split. Just because a child has to move will not kill them.  They would get over it. How many times do couples have to move when they are together?  Some kids have to change schools and homes several times in their lives and they survive. 

I do agree with you. Hang in there and maybe you will find a good decent woman who only wants you not for the amount of money you have but for the love and support you can give.

Will you marry me? ;-)

September 15, 2008, 8:33 pm CDT

Accusation does not mean truth

Chana accuses, and straight away most of you writers seem predisposed to believe her, I didn't. She appeared to be acting, especially when she heard anything which questioned here stance. I think she's a strange and manipulative woman.

The judge likely caused the partition to go up because she HAD TO DO SOMETHING even though the situation appeared somewhat manufactured!

Sure, courts and officials COULD be bribed and corrupted, but Dr Phil was saying that having the judge, both lawyers, and the entire police force in your pocket. would be "unlikely".  Let's face it, IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR BILL GATES,  DONALD TRUMP AND GEORGE W,  so I doubt just a moderately rich man could do it.  Seems like b*** to me.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page