Message Boards

Topic : 08/26 Legal Wars

Number of Replies: 68
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 21, 2008, 04:04:39 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What happens when family feuds turn into legal wars? The story of Chana and her husband, Simon, made national headlines when their bitter divorce turned into the Wall of the Roses. A judge ordered that a wall be built in their home to separate the feuding couple. Chana says she's imprisoned because her husband of 21 years controls everything, and she has no access to their million-dollar fortune. She makes some shocking claims about Simon, including the allegation that he has installed surveillance cameras to spy on her. Simon chose not to participate in the show, only to listen via phone. But what makes him so agitated that he gives up his vow of silence to interject in the middle of Dr. Phil's conversation with Chana? Is there an end in sight? Then, 19-year-old Logan admits he's addicted to speed and gets a rush driving 180 miles per hour. Nothing has slowed him down, not even facing felony charges, or his best friend dying in a car crash. His father says he has less than two weeks to get his act together, or he's kicking him out! What's at the root of Logan's need for speed, and will Dr. Phil's wake-up call inspire him to put his foot on the brakes? And, find out what legal expert Lauren Lake thinks about these cases. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 25, 2008, 5:43 am CDT

Fast is not fast enough

Fast is not fast enough is what my son posted on his My Space page. My son died 09/09/07 as a result of a motorcycle accident . Young men are thrill seekers and some have a need for speed or to live live on the edge. So many of our children lose their lives on ATV's, motorcycles or cars.

August 25, 2008, 7:48 am CDT

Divorce and abusive fathers and the courts

This is the courts actions that cause this problem with the family. Why would a court order such an order? This mother has been abused and now has to deal with the results of the order from the courts with her son. I am sorry this happened to this family. It's happening all over the U.S. Here are true stories of mothers in Wisconsin that were forced to give their children to the abuser. It's time for change and giving the voice to the family of the courts "This is a cycle that needs to be stopped".  Hold the judges and court mediatiors accountable.

.  Women abuse is Child abuse. What can be done about this?

http://www.legis.state.wi.us/assembly/asm76/news/Custody%20and%20Domestic%20Violence.htm

Sincerely,

Grandmamac4

August 26, 2008, 8:18 am CDT

It's Time to Go!

What this woman is going through is torture.  I believe that her husband is using his power and influence to steer things in his favor, and I would have to disagree with Dr. Phil when he says that is a rare event.  I believe that Dr. Phil wouldn't allow himself to be bought, but judges and police are bought and sold everywhere.  No judge in his right mind would allow a wall to be erected in a home to separate a couple. 

I understand that this may be easier said than done, but if I were her, I would let him have that house and everything in it.  Sanity is worth more than money.  Take the kids and go get a two bedroom apartment somewhere and let him have his money and power.  I don't want anyone to think that this is easy, but before I allow a man to degrade and disrespect me, I would take my child and go live with a relative or a friend until I was able to stand on my own two feet.

That's why a woman should ALWAYS have an emergency fund...

August 26, 2008, 9:08 am CDT

It takes two

Chana if things were so bad and the wall hurt you so much you would walk out that door. So i am going to tell you what is going on! You are about the money and getting revenge. If there is abuse you are thriving on it. I will tell you what I and other abused women have done. I LEFT EVERYTHING!!!! Money! Home! Cars! I ran!!! I grabbed my children and ran for our lives. I got out and then fought for our very lives  and stood up to him. I have no sympathy for you Chana.

August 26, 2008, 12:32 pm CDT

08/26 Legal Wars

If your living the life your telling the world about, then leave.  There are shelters and places that will help you get back on your feet.  I hate hearing mothers complain that they aren't getting child support.  My mother hasn't recieved child support for me in years, and my father now owes over $16,000.  I'm now going into my 3rd year of college, and trust me that money is desperately needed as I've paid for tuition, books, and rent on my own.  All your children are over the age of 19...I'm pretty sure it's about time for them to start supporting themselves. 

August 26, 2008, 12:46 pm CDT

Grow up, Logan. Take it to the track.

1) Logan, there is NO way you're doing 185 mph in that old MKIII Supra. Not to mention you don't even know what "ghost riding" really is.

2) Real men take their races to the track. not out in the street like a bunch of litle boys. Endanger your own life at the track, fine...put other's lives at risk on the streets???? HELL NO. you really are making the money you say you are in the streets, track fees should be no problem at all.

3) You are literally going to be the PROM QUEEN in the penitentiary if you do get pinched for any of your pending felonies. That itself would be enough to pound some sense into my head.

August 26, 2008, 12:59 pm CDT

Spoken by a truly independent woman

Quote From: boobooiseeyou

Chana if things were so bad and the wall hurt you so much you would walk out that door. So i am going to tell you what is going on! You are about the money and getting revenge. If there is abuse you are thriving on it. I will tell you what I and other abused women have done. I LEFT EVERYTHING!!!! Money! Home! Cars! I ran!!! I grabbed my children and ran for our lives. I got out and then fought for our very lives  and stood up to him. I have no sympathy for you Chana.
 Kudos to you, boobooiseeyou, for having the courage to choose the path of integrity.

Chana, without knowing your whole story it seems glaringly obvious that you are looking for the easiest and most profitable way out of your marriage. A sense of entitlement can be a serious monkey on your back, as you are already probably finding out. The days of women in this country who are simply looking for a man to "take care of them" are dwindling. Dig down deep inside yourself and listen to the good women in this forum. NOTHING material is worth your sanity.

Secondly, your "kids" as you call them are ADULTS, and should be making their own way in life. Please don't pass a sense of entitlement down to your kids as it will only impede their journey into adulthood.

August 26, 2008, 1:04 pm CDT

Speed Racer

Re: the kid who loves driving real fast.  Dr. Phil did a pretty good job of talking to him about driving wrecklessly, but should have also talked about actual people who have been killed by drag racing teens at night on the streets.  He needed to hear of actual innocent people who were killed because of guys doing exactly what he's doing.  He should have heard about the lives of people's families who were forever destroyed.  It's not enough to just show pictures of wrecked cars.  The kid also needs some serious therapy to figure out why he has so little disregard for human life!!

August 26, 2008, 1:08 pm CDT

no contact with father, fine with me

You know, I hope that family can be helped , the one with the stupid 19 year old who drives way too fast.  But I am getting sick of hearing about the relationships, I am sorry you buried your father Dr. Phil but not everyone in the country needs, wants or misses that relationship.  I have not talked to my father in over 21 years, he does not know my daughters and he never will.  For some STUPID reason, he does not want to have a relationship with me or my daughters, fine with me.  He can have a relationship with my brothers, I just hope he does not hurt them again, like he has done in the past many times.  I learned this the hard way, but I learned.  He is a spineless jellyfish that decided not to talk to his sisters or his own mother before she died, why would I want that poison in my life.  Sometimes it is best to cut the ties that want to slowly kill you and your spirit. 

August 26, 2008, 1:39 pm CDT

The Kid Speeding

Quote From: boobooiseeyou

There is no way that kid could ever do 180mph with stock tires! tires are rated for speed according to make and model! of the car......     Dr. Phil should have done some research.....

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last