Message Boards

Topic : 08/27 The Bishop is Back!

Number of Replies: 44
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, August 21, 2008, 04:06:33 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you stuck in a rut? Learn how to get out of it now before it's too late! Dr. Phil welcomes Bishop T.D. Jakes back to the show. He's a renowned pastor and motivational speaker, and his book, Reposition Yourself, inspires people to live life without limits! First up is Theresa, who admits she’s been lying to her husband, Andy, about her spending habits for the past four years. She says their debt is about $13,000, but Andy says it’s a lot more than that. He calls his wife a liar and a thief, and he’s recently moved out. Can their marriage be saved or is it too late? See what Bishop Jakes thinks. Then, Kelly says all the men she dates end up cheating on her, and she doesn’t know how she can ever trust a man again. What is she doing wrong? And, Yvonne worries about her 23-year-old daughter, Amanda, because she says she makes poor choices in boyfriends. After a look at her dating history, does she have a right to be concerned, or should she butt out of her daughter’s life? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 28, 2008, 8:45 am CDT

Unbelievable

Quote From: PennyLane78

What do you mean that women don't cheat on the same level as men? Not all men are the same and not all women are the same. And women cheat too, nearly at the same rate as men. It's almost the same.
Women cheat more than men. Several studies show this. You are a typical woman who views her gender with a victim's mentality. How sad. This is just like child abuse. Even though the US Dept of Helath and Human Services publishes annual stats that show that women abuse children twice as often a men, women still deny it, or they blame men and say they 'made them do it'.

August 28, 2008, 8:55 am CDT

At last, someone taking responsibility

Quote From: busylilmonkey

I understand what is being said about him needing to be there for her, but in all reality she needs to step up and make changes herself.  I was a shopoholic many years ago and my husband worked a crazy amount of hours as well....very much like the situation here (We had a son & baby on the way).  Well it was me that had to make the changes. Didn't matter how much anyone talked to me about changing, ultimately it was ME that had to stop spending money on frivolous things and smarten up.  Now 5 years later we couldn't be happier and my husband still works hard to provide for the family!
Bless you ma'am! You figured out that fixing your issues would fix the problem. I admire and salute you. I wish more people with this problem would catc h on that nobody is 'making them do it'. It is a choice that they make and they need to make a different choice if they want to stay married.

August 28, 2008, 9:02 am CDT

It is great to live in America, isn't it!

Quote From: getrealtime

Isn't it great to live in America??? That the Doc can have on anyone he chooses on his show, even the Doc can state his beliefs and can do so in any form he chooses. Like his own show.

Non believers can watch and take out of the show what they wish, or turn it off.

While it is clear that Dr. Phil is a feminist, it is very satifying to know that he is saved and is not afraid to say so! Bless you Dr. Phil (but stop being a gyno supporter!)

August 28, 2008, 10:07 am CDT

So now he has to be all things...

Quote From: catbird

It is truly unforunate people believe a paycheck is all that is important in a relationship. This woman has an illnes and she needs help for ,but the man is just as responsible for not being there.It is a two way street and it does take two(to qoute a few cliches) A paycheck is a good but not the only thing a family needs. So button the remarks and look at the whole picture
First she drives him to work eighteen hours a day to stay caught up with her spending and theivery, and now you think he should be there for her to boot. There are only 24 hours in a day! People like the wife are users, gold diggers, and completely irresponsible. The woman needs to be sent packing and learn what real life is like when YOU are the one who has to bring home the money. Then and only then will she see that life is not so simple as marrying some meal ticket, having his kids, and then robbing him blind.

August 28, 2008, 5:26 pm CDT

08/27 The Bishop is Back!

Quote From: traffic52

Women cheat more than men. Several studies show this. You are a typical woman who views her gender with a victim's mentality. How sad. This is just like child abuse. Even though the US Dept of Helath and Human Services publishes annual stats that show that women abuse children twice as often a men, women still deny it, or they blame men and say they 'made them do it'.
I certainly hope you meant this post for the person I responded to and not me. It seems that way.

BTW, I'd like to see these studies you refer to. Every study I have heard of or read says that women cheat at nearly the same rate as men. Not the same exactly, but close.

I am certainly not some person who thinks that cheating is a male thing. And I don't think when women cheat it's more "understandable" either.

August 28, 2008, 5:43 pm CDT

08/27 The Bishop is Back!

Quote From: traffic52

While it is clear that Dr. Phil is a feminist, it is very satifying to know that he is saved and is not afraid to say so! Bless you Dr. Phil (but stop being a gyno supporter!)
You don't seem to like women much...lol

August 28, 2008, 7:51 pm CDT

Bishop Jakes is Back

I am confused as to  T.D. Jakes claim to being a BISHOP in the true sense of the terminology of a BISHOP.  Just because one is a leader of a specific religious sect, doesn't mean that he is entitled to the use of the title BISHOP.  I watch you almost daily but, get anxious when you go overboard with your introduction of T.D JAKES.  It is too over the top!  A BISHOP does not act in such an over-the-top way!  Obviously, it's a Southern way of life. I have watched you from the beginning, but will no longer  do so whenever T.D. Jakes is on, and only because he is not a BISHOP in the TRUE sense of the term.  It has nothing to do with the great work he does, nor yours.

Keep the FAITH.

Brian Gwynne Davies

August 29, 2008, 12:58 pm CDT

Thanks

Quote From: getrealtime

Isn't it great to live in America??? That the Doc can have on anyone he chooses on his show, even the Doc can state his beliefs and can do so in any form he chooses. Like his own show.

Non believers can watch and take out of the show what they wish, or turn it off.

That's very open-minded of you- thanks. I was just wondering why the show is all the sudden seeming so "religious" lately. Of COURSE he can have whoever he wants on his own show and he CAN state his own beliefs. We ALL can.

August 29, 2008, 5:24 pm CDT

Go to the US Dept of Health and Human Services website

Quote From: PennyLane78

I certainly hope you meant this post for the person I responded to and not me. It seems that way.

BTW, I'd like to see these studies you refer to. Every study I have heard of or read says that women cheat at nearly the same rate as men. Not the same exactly, but close.

I am certainly not some person who thinks that cheating is a male thing. And I don't think when women cheat it's more "understandable" either.

Search for 'child abuse' and you should find pie charts showing the statistics on an annual basis from 2000 through 2007.

My comments were pointed to those women who stereotype men on numerous issues even though the facts support the opposite view. It is a convenient way to support the militant female view. Women on this board and others like it would never stand for a man to make such untrue statements. BTW- No malice intended towards anyone. Just simply calling a 'diamond a diamond', or whatever suit does not offend you. :-) Traffic52

August 29, 2008, 5:29 pm CDT

Amen!!!

Quote From: harchdeacon

Youve got to own some of this. First off, working from 5:30 in the morning to 11:00 at night is not being a husband, Dr. Phil tells Andy. Thats being a paycheck. So now, it basically becomes what you bring home. Thats not being a partner. Shes got to find something to fill the void because there isn't a relationship!

How can Dr Phil blame him for his wife stealing from him and putting the family in shambles.  The reason he was working was to support his family.  In a perfect world, we would not have to work over time in order to support a family.  What was he expected to do, take time off to make his wife feel all cozy and loved?   Would that really have stopped her from shopping?  According to her she's addicted to it...How about her going to the library, the gym, raising the children in order to "fill the void"?  I wish someone would stand up to Dr. Phil instead of taking his annoying blame game. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last