Message Boards

Topic : 09/03 More Nasty Neighbors

Number of Replies: 141
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, August 29, 2008, 12:02:37 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Good fences make good neighbors, but Dr. Phil’s guests say no matter how high the fence, they can’t seem to end their vicious feud. Linda says Tamara is a menace to society and should be kicked out of their community. She says Tamara sent her harassing e-mails and threatened to kill her. Tamara says she’s the victim in this neighborhood war and is on the verge of losing her home because of Linda’s false accusations. She says Linda and her daughter, Holly, stalked her, tormented her family and spray painted the words “lying bitch” on her home. Then, Holly and Tamara's daughter, Jessica, join the fray. Jessica claims that she and her husband, Scott, are the victims of discrimination because he’s black, and she says they were harassed so much that they had to leave the community. Holly says that Jessica is the troublemaker and says she threatened to beat Linda over the head with a baseball bat. With all the finger-pointing, who’s telling the truth? Can Tamara and Linda bury the hatchet and move on before someone is forced to move out? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 3, 2008, 7:56 am CDT

bad neighbors

I think the best thing for everyone, how about both of you pack, take your families somewhere else and leave for the good and best interest of the NEIGHBORHOOD!! It is just sad when you are two grown adults and have so much bitterness and harbored unforgiveness that you resort to this kind of inexcuseable behavior!! SHAME ON YOU AND HOW SELFISH FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN.

Tamara at least admits her part....

When watch, you see that again and again Linda and her daughter will not admit to their part of anything.  I know the show does a good job with evidence and everyone in the audience/watching at home could tell Linda was lying about not sending her share of emails!  At least be big enough to admit your own participation!!!

Neither were behaving well but at least Tamara/daughter were adult enough to admit to their part in the whole thing.

Linda's daughter's big mouth was exhausting to watch and we found ourselves wanting to yell in the TV screen to just shut up for one minute!!!

What a disaster. I agree with the man who wants to know where these people live so we can make sure WE never move in there!!!

All of them need to find a hobby or something to do!!

Sorry DR PHIL!~

I see the frustration after you had these nut jobs on your show today!

They were like a bunch of negative vortex's that just didnt get the sound advice you were trying to give!

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make um drink it!

September 3, 2008, 7:58 am CDT

computer science?

C'mon Dr. Phil. You should know better than that. One doesn't have to have a degree in computer science to spoof the header of an email. I should know. It's been done to me.

For the past 7+ years, I've been harassed, stalked and just generally irritated by some online psycho. My email has been broken into, I've been slammed and slandered all over the internet by this person. She even had my hotmail account closed (though temporarily) by spoofing the header of an email. Only my insistance to hotmail to investigate the supposed threatening email that was sent from my account got any results and my account was reinstated. The day my account was locked down, the psycho posted a message on a yahoo group saying she'd heard someone was having trouble with their hotmail. I so rarely used my hotmail account and that's what made me go check it. Sure enough, it was locked down. The psycho's next post was all about spoofing headers of emails, something I had no idea about. The whacko told on herself!  She went so far as to claim that she 'wrote' a book, a book that she self-published. A copy of the book was obtained and it contains posts and comments from various blogs, forums, etc. all written by OTHERS (myself included). She actually sold a couple copies of this!

From my own personal experience, I advise Linda to block any and all contact from Tamara and ignore her. Totally. Yahoo Instant Messenger allows you to block people, as does every email program I am aware of. BLOCK HER and her family. Get on with your life. And if she keeps doing things to you? Document them. Save up enough and take it to the cops. She's a loser and has no life unless you're in it. So you have to take yourself out of it. If she needs to contact the homeowner's association, let her do it by phone to someone else.

Life IS too short to put up with people like Tamara. She's a conniving lying hag.

September 3, 2008, 8:46 am CDT

been there

I had a neighbor that had a out of control barking dog! I tried to talk to her about the situation and got nowhere .So I understand how words can get slung . Fortunately she no longer lives next to me.

September 3, 2008, 9:46 am CDT

i could fix this problem...

i think what these women need is a dose of reality!!  real problems that normal people face every day.  i dare them to  visit a local va hospital or volunteer at a local uso.  maybe they just don't know what is happening in the world around them.  i promise you dr phil if you would send these annoying, petty little people to volunteer, they would think less of their issues and may be more productive and better people.  let them tell their "problems" to a  soldier or their spouse and maybe they will see how very small they really are.  i'm not being mean, i'm serous.  its one thing to know its happening far away, to see it on tv, like it is a movie or something.  but to hold a hand, to see a kid say goodbye, to see that haunted look, it would change them.  and god knows, volunteers are never turned away.

September 3, 2008, 10:04 am CDT

Nasty Neighbors

Quote From: fietkau2

Thanks for letting me read your message

I know what your going through my neighbor was the same way with me.  I also have three dogs that barked and my neighbor would utter threats to harm my dogs he also threw  a bag of garabage in my   yard and also kicked my door in for no reason and finally they ended up moving which made me happy.

but now like you I only talk to some of the people around my area where I live

H wilson

ps I think people need to just grow up!

I agree that some people just need to grow up and mind their own damn business! I live in a small town and I understand that people talk, but even my children were being told that their Dad was having an affair, by the children of the bitch that had a crush on my husband! The crazy bitch even stalked my children and I. I went to the police at least 3 times before they even talked to her and told her to back off! As far as the neighbor that threatened to poison my dogs goes, I told him that if he didn't like them barking, then he should move somewhere else! Boy did I get a dirty look from him! I even caught him kicking at my fence and egging my dogs on, so I called the police on him because I truly did believe that he would harm my dogs. An officer did talk to him, and he has since mellowed and no longer complains about my dogs when they bark. There is an elderly couple that lives to the left of me, and they have been physically abused, have had the water in their yard turned on while they were out of town and been told by other neighbors that their children CAN play in anyone's yard around here. This is all true! Small towns are good for some things, but suck when it comes to needing help from the police. Take Care and feel free to email me back!

September 3, 2008, 10:20 am CDT

what a bully

Yes, all of these women are immature.  And yes, they've all contributed to the problem.  But it's pretty obvious that Holly is a big bully with serious anger management issues.  Yes, all she wants to do is "kick somebody's ass" as Dr. Phil put it.  She wouldn't admit to it (or much else, for that matter). I believe she is  the biggest trouble maker in the situation and I wish Dr. Phil had been a lot harder on her than he was.  For goodness sakes, she's called the police over 150 times in the last 3 months (to complain about such petty things as someone flipping her off!) 

I mean, one family (Jessica, her husband, and her daughter) has moved out of the neighborhood, and had to go so far as to switch their young daughter to another school.  As a parent, I wish Dr. Phil had spent more time defending that little girl.  Holly never once showed any sympathy for that little girl.  She was too busy denying everything and trying to justify her I'm-gonna-kick-your-ass attitude.  Dr. Phil should've called her what she is: a big bully.  And then he should've set her straight.. 

Again, Tamara and Jessica aren't innocent victims in this whole thing either.  They have acted very immaturely and perpetuated the situation too.  But being a bully is a much bigger offense than being immature.  And Holly acts like the type who really wants to do some damage.  The only reason she supposedly fears for her children's safety is because she's hostile enough to target children herself (i.e. the car swerving incident).  For this reason, I would've liked to have seen Dr. Phil come down a lot harder on Holly (and her mother).  For the sake of Jessica's little girl, if for no other reason. 

I was a little bit disappointed with Dr. Phil on today's show.  You can't blame him for looking absolutely frustrated having to deal with those four bickering, immature women.  But if he's gonna agree to do a show on them and their problem, he needs to roll up his sleeves, get his hands dirty, and get to the root of the problem.  For me, the root of the problem at this point in the "war" was bullying (someone out of a neighborhood).  Holly & her mother have already bullied one family out of their neighborhood and one little girl out of her school.  Come on, Dr. Phil.  You hate bullies.  And you hate liars.  And so do we.  And we love you because you have the &@!!$ to take them on anytime, anywhere.  You are the fresh air in a stiflelingly pollitically correct culture.  Here was your chance to really stand up to someone who is both.  And you did only a half-way job of it.  Sorry, Dr. Phil, as much as I admire you, I was a little disappointed today.  Hopefully, you'll "get 'em" next time.. 

September 3, 2008, 11:21 am CDT

How about criminal neighbors?

My neighbors are either drug dealers or friends of drug dealers. Even the ones with children. They don't give a damn, and carry on as if it's their right to corrupt our neighborhood. The police are useless in rounding them up too. But they try to paint a bad picture of my family because we avoid them. Some people have major nerve.

September 3, 2008, 12:55 pm CDT

DUMBVILLE - Their kids don't have a hope.

These women are really dumb.  I feel soo sorry for their kids. Dumbville.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last