Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 1, 2008, 3:34 pm CDT

I hope all of you's got to see today's show

hi everyone, I really hope all of you's got to see the weight lose challenge show today oct.1 dr.phil made so much sense and it really hit home,we really dont have the right to do what we do to our bodies. we also have to really ask ourselves what is the most emotional thing going on in our lives. i was down this morning and really had to work on my thinking and when i watched the show he really made me think of the key 1 and 2 it really does work if we put our minds to do it. am so much more focused now then i have since the beginning of the challenge. we all can do it and we can ask for support if we need it,and we all need to remember to be accountable for this big decision we are doing to make our lives so much happier and healthier. good luck every one and keep up on the message boards they are really fun to read and can make a difference in ones lives,knowing we are not alone. debbie

October 1, 2008, 3:45 pm CDT

your on the right path

Quote From: tracy1676

I need to lose 100 lbs, and I'm very determined to do so by the end of next summer.  I figured 2lbs a week is doable.  I've been living in a body that "just isn't me".  I used to be very active, but now I don't go out and do the things I used to.  It makes me very sad.  No more!!  I'm taking off my fat suit and becoming the person I know that I am deep down inside!!  I'm starting to read Dr. Phil's book, and I'm very inspired and ready to go.  Any good suggestions, tips, helpful hints?  I'm open to anything.
hi, first congraduations on making this decison just like all of us in this message board. your doing the right stuff,one day at a time,and also be accountable for what your doing. like you,i feel the real me is inside of me and i want very much to get to this goal of mine,so i feel i can express myself to the person that is screaming from inside. I have been there almost several years ago,and am more determined to get to that place,so i can become more complete as a person. happier,healthier and stronger to accomplish the things that hasnt been available to me being at the weight am at now. good luck and hope to hear from you. debbie

October 1, 2008, 8:37 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

I was on Weight Watchers for a few months and it really worked.  I am having a difficult time trying to stay on track. I lost 30 lbs and since I haven't been going to the meetings anymore I have gained just about all the weight back.  I am trying to get healthy and set a good example for my kids.  I need support and positive feeback to help continue on this journey.  My husband and I are now working together to try to lose weight.  Any suggestions??  HELP!!

October 1, 2008, 9:09 pm CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: doodles2me

hi,am new to theses message boards and have made some e-mail buddies on here so far,and excited to learn and work with them. your more then welcome to join. I need to lose 100 lbs.,and doing it alone has not worked in the past,as am here with the old habits and this time I need to held accountable for what am doing to make this work for hopefully the last time. good luck and welcome. debbie
Hi...I m also new to these boards and really dont know how to respond to them.I do know i have a lot of weight to lose and I have already read Dr. Phils book and am doing good with my food part but not so good with the excersize part....help!!!!!

October 1, 2008, 9:43 pm CDT

You can do it!

I need to lose 100 lbs, and I'm very determined to do so by the end of next summer.  I figured 2lbs a week is doable.  I've been living in a body that "just isn't me".  I used to be very active, but now I don't go out and do the things I used to.  It makes me very sad.  No more!!  I'm taking off my fat suit and becoming the person I know that I am deep down inside!!  I'm starting to read Dr. Phil's book, and I'm very inspired and ready to go.  Any good suggestions, tips, helpful hints?  I'm open to anything.

I also need to lose 100 lbs, actually 120 to be at my ideal weight.  2lbs a week is very doable and that's the goal I set for myself.  I found by doing the work in Dr. Phil's book, journaling, and writing down what I eat every day is helping.  I also stop eating at 8 pm so I'm not tempted to snack as much.  I also do not like to exercise but in order to be successful we have to get moving and do the type of exercises that meet our life style.  I live in Arizona so now our weather will be getting great for walking which is really good for us.  Feel free to email at any time.  My email address is mariagroll@cox.net   I know you can do it!

October 2, 2008, 7:50 am CDT

here for support and postive words

Quote From: daughtersx2

Hi...I m also new to these boards and really dont know how to respond to them.I do know i have a lot of weight to lose and I have already read Dr. Phils book and am doing good with my food part but not so good with the excersize part....help!!!!!
hi lynda,to reply to the message just post a quote,and am here if you would like  a support person,we all need it. great your doing the food part without to many problems,I like you do really like excerise or with some health problems i cant always do excerises. so,what i learnt from another supporter is just do something of any kind of excerise that you dont  do in a day. do stairs or walk around a small area for a few mins.,anything like that will give you some excerise and write it down like your foods and be accountable for it. it encourages me when i see what i did the previous day and the desire to do at least the same or more then before. take care and good luck and theses messages are so important to read. where are the beginners in our challenge we need to hear from yous also. debbie

October 2, 2008, 7:58 am CDT

we all have something in common

Quote From: mariagroll

I also need to lose 100 lbs, actually 120 to be at my ideal weight.  2lbs a week is very doable and that's the goal I set for myself.  I found by doing the work in Dr. Phil's book, journaling, and writing down what I eat every day is helping.  I also stop eating at 8 pm so I'm not tempted to snack as much.  I also do not like to exercise but in order to be successful we have to get moving and do the type of exercises that meet our life style.  I live in Arizona so now our weather will be getting great for walking which is really good for us.  Feel free to email at any time.  My email address is mariagroll@cox.net   I know you can do it!

i like your idea of 2 lbs.,a week as thats slow and if we do better its a reward. i also found writing down everything down and being accountable is really the only way i can do this. like you i have to quit eating after 7 as the evening is the worse for me,so i brush my teeth after 7 and so far so good. i maybe save one thing for a snack if i really need something to eat,thats the mind over matter thing but i hope it gets better. i wintered in ariz one year and you guys  really have it nice for walking. i have made a commitment to walk in our school gym this winter as its to cold to walk outside here. i look forward to your support and messages.good luck debbie

October 2, 2008, 10:58 am CDT

Thank You

Quote From: doodles2me

hi, first congraduations on making this decison just like all of us in this message board. your doing the right stuff,one day at a time,and also be accountable for what your doing. like you,i feel the real me is inside of me and i want very much to get to this goal of mine,so i feel i can express myself to the person that is screaming from inside. I have been there almost several years ago,and am more determined to get to that place,so i can become more complete as a person. happier,healthier and stronger to accomplish the things that hasnt been available to me being at the weight am at now. good luck and hope to hear from you. debbie
Thank you so much for your kind words of support.  I've never done message boards before, so this is all new to me, but it seems to work.  I have to say yesterday was a get real day for me.  I sent a mass e-mail to  my friends telling them my goal was 100 lbs and that I needed their support.  I was really embarrased to admit to all my friends that I had 100 lbs to lose, but in a way it was freeing.  It was an emotional day to be that vulnerable, so I went home and went to bed early (OK working out at 5:30am probably added to me being so tired).  Today is pretty emotional too, reading all the responses to my e-mail.  There's no backing out now...

October 2, 2008, 4:19 pm CDT

your very welcome

Thank you so much for your kind words of support.  I've never done message boards before, so this is all new to me, but it seems to work.  I have to say yesterday was a get real day for me.  I sent a mass e-mail to  my friends telling them my goal was 100 lbs and that I needed their support.  I was really embarrased to admit to all my friends that I had 100 lbs to lose, but in a way it was freeing.  It was an emotional day to be that vulnerable, so I went home and went to bed early (OK working out at 5:30am probably added to me being so tired).  Today is pretty emotional too, reading all the responses to my e-mail.  There's no backing out now...

hi, you are so welcome and remember we are all working on this weight problem. no one has to ever think they are alone as they arent,just come on here and read the storys,we all have something in common. The message boards are new to me,before that i didnt even know how they workded. I think what you did opening yourself like you did with a e-mail was a great idea and i think i might try that,as it sounds like a good idea. one never knows who will come along and give us a boost,to make our day or really whats important is to change our way of thinking about ourselves. we all need to be reassured that what we are doing  is for the right reasons and that is we need to put ourselves first to be healthy and happier,so we can be there for others. I want to be able to meet more people and enjoy being out in the world and not sitting at home,because i gave into eating and thinking its the best way out for dealing with my stress. so congraduations for what you did and that you feel so free,its a new beginning for you,and you can do this. keep up the good work and hope to see you on here again or e-mail me sometime.debbie

October 3, 2008, 3:58 pm CDT

just starting-tips?

I'm just starting Dr. Phil's keys. Stole the book from my mother who may come to live with me as she cannot stay with the program on her own.  I need to lose 100 lbs. Had lost 36 lb but have gained back 10. I'm 45 and have some feet, back, and blood pressure probs but am pretty strong. Any suggestions/tips on exercise, stress management, food programs?  Thanks, Donna

First | Prev | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next | Last