Message Boards

Topic : Join the 100 Pound Club

Number of Replies: 538
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, September 03, 2008, 12:28:26 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you trying to lose, or have you lost 100 lbs or more using Dr. Phil’s Seven Keys to Weight Loss Freedom?  Help encourage others by sharing your experiences, photos and videos!

More Weight Loss Support Message Boards

Find Weight Loss Buddies in Your Area

Weight Loss Member Support

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2008, 7:24 am CDT

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for being so welcoming and although I'm not sure of message board courties either, I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I was brought up in a very abusive home both physically and sexually. My Father was an alcoholic and my childhood was spent in fear of what would happen next. My adult years have been spent dealing with the memories of what I have been through and, to a certain extent, blaming myself for all the yaers of abuse I had to endure. The frustration that comes with that is unbearable! I was always told by councillors to forgive him and not to blame myself, but for anyone that has been in this situation, it really wasn't that easy for me. It's been a journay. Just when I would feel that I had forgiven, my life would become even more self destructive. My focus then turned to my Mother and I thought "maybe I need to forgive her for staying with him". After years of healing with her, STILL things didn't seem to get better. And, my weight was increasingly reflective of the frustration. When I started reading Dr Phil's book, I realized that I had forgotten to forgive someone else. Because I had suffered through so many years of abuse and my self esteem was non-existant, I had made some really poor choices in my life. I lied to many people in my life, manipulated situations to fit my own agenda and treated myself with little to NO respect. I had to forgive myself for those things. Once I came to terms with that reality, I could then focus on "Right Thinking" and rebuilding a realtionship with myself that had been crippled. Since that day, it has been much easier to imagine myself as healthy and well and that is the journay I'm on.

For anyone that is reading this that has been through the same things that I have, TALK about it. I know how it feels to feel alone and frustrated that your doing the work emotionally and not getting anywhere. Weight, like any other addiction is a symptom of a much bigger issue. If you don't find the root cause, you will gain and lose for the rest of your life. I've said it before and it really is the motto of my life...You have to lose weight from the inside out. If your heavy hearted, you will be heavy waisted.

As for my eating, I am doing nothing short of following the guidelines in Dr Phil's book. My husband and I have eaten fresh fruits and vegetables combined with lean protein for almost every meal. I hate exercising, but have been FORCING myself to move everyday. It gets easier as I go and this morning I was down another 3 pounds. I got it and I wish the same for all of you!!

I can't wait to get to know you all better as we continue this journay together. What a great oppurtunity to make new friends and increase the years of our lives together!!

October 9, 2008, 8:42 pm CDT

Start date of my new life.

My start day is 10/19/08-I'm reading Dr. Phil's book now and then both my Daughter and myself are going through the kitchen and making it safe. 

My daughter had said something that really hit home. She said that part of her weight problem was our fault because we gave her the junk food. So I went out and bought Jay's book for her and we are going to start working out.

This adventure is going to be great and I cant wait to see the beautiful women that has been in hiding for so many years.

Sissy2

October 10, 2008, 1:41 am CDT

Help is on the way

Quote From: kim009

I am so bad out of shape im a 27 yearold an i weight 208 pounds . I dont know were to start an how to do this i would be doing it on my own. If anyone can help me i'll be waiting on your answer.

Hi Everyone,

I want all those to know that I've been there. After my son was born in 1970, I weighed 209 pounds.

I started to go to Gloria Stevens Figure Salon in 1980 and lost 102 pounds in fifteen months. I forgot

how many inches I lost; but I received two trophies for it. I have what Dr. Phil calls Weight Loss

Resistance (Underactiive Thyroid). Unfortunately,  I put some of the weight back on when I had

surgery after surgery. The surgeon told me I couldn't exercise after the gall bladder/gall stone

removal. Since then I had a bladder lift,  minor surgery, followed by ankle surgery, and many

others to follow to say the least. I did the Herbalife Program and succeeded. More surgery!

I was totally frustrated with surgery. At present  I lost only five pounds. I am on Key Two in Dr.

Phil's book: THE ULTIMATE WEIGHT SOLUTION. I was not too happy with the Weight Watcher

Diet. I currently weigh 175 pounds; and I need to lose 40 or 50 pounds maximum. I recently

injured my knee. I was told to do low impact exercises. I have Exercise Videos by Richard

Simmons. I believe I put all that poundage on because I felt if I was fat, men wouldn't be

interested in me and they would leave me alone. I was abused and raped. Besides my hope

and faith in God, I have Dr. Phil and all my friends here on the message boards. We all need

each other for support.  WE CAN DO IT, LADIES AND GENTS! Don't allow other people to sabotage

you with negative comments. When I lost the 102 pounds, I had some women approach me and

told me "I looked like death warmed over." They would tease me with desserts. I had to bring

my own food with me when they had social functions. They would say: "Here comes the bunny

lady with her carrots and celery." I was totally determined to keep it off in spite of it. They were

jealous they couldn't lose the weight. Walk Away from people like this. They are not your friends.

IF THEY CANNOT BE FUNCTIONAL AND SUPPORTIVE, LET IT GO. IT IS THEIR PROBLEM, NOT OURS.

Advice from someone who has been there. With Love and Respect to all. Also a big, very big

THANK YOU TO DR. PHIL. I am also reading his book: SELF MATTERS/COMPANION.

GOD BLESS YOU DR. PHIL AND ROBIN. I LOVE ALL OF YOU.

October 10, 2008, 8:57 pm CDT

Me too!

Quote From: adamsmommy

My name's michelle, and I'm just starting the challenge to lose 100 lbs! So if anyone can give me any tips, that would be great!! I'm 21 years old, and have an eight month old.. I weigh close to 250 lbs now. I'm more motivated than ever to lose weight. I want to be healthy for me and my son. I don't want him to grow up to b overweight as well. So wish me luck!!
Michelle, my name is Melisa,  and I have a son that's nine months old. (He was born Jan. 11).  I weigh 267 and I'm just getting started. You and I have a lot in common, maybe we can partner up and lose the weight together!  GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF US!

October 17, 2008, 1:01 pm CDT

YOU CAN DO IT

Quote From: photofiend32

I have struggled with losing weight for many many years and this is the time I am going to succeed.  I am so excited to get started on weight loss goal of 100lbs

I was just wondering how you were doing?  Hope you're doing well.

I've been watching what I eat and exercising for the past month and I've lost 7 lbs.  I'm happy about that, cuz it's showing that I can do it.  I can't to go back to California next year in June.  I should be down 55 lbs by then.  My goal is about a total of 110 lbs.  I've dedicated the whole next year to myself and my health.

October 17, 2008, 3:01 pm CDT

how's everyone doing with our challenge

hi everyone, how is everyone doing with our challenge? its been pretty quiet on this board,its great to get support from others and see how they are doing. debbie

October 20, 2008, 8:35 am CDT

Stress Eating

Quote From: jbsgrass

Where do i start again. I'm out of control. I'm 5'5" and weight 150 lbs. It doesn't sound like much, but 2-3 months a go i weighed 128, and have for 7 years, now this weight i coming on so fast. I am so out of shape, I STRESS EAT.

So where do i start? I need to get the weight loss book, bu on line i thought we could join like a 30 -40 lb club, but i only see a 100 pound club.

I WISH i had Dr. Phil's personal help lke the people on t.v., but i feel like they only want the extreme, and i'm not.

I already do eat healthy for the most part, my problem is that i OVER EAT, every time i start, its like i'm a food-aholic.

Is there anyone out there like me?

It sounds like we are in the same situation.  I am a stress eater.   I am a real animal lover and had five dogs.  I have lost 4 of my dogs in the last year and half and have since been fighting depression, so I have been really over eating.  I have gained 40 lbs since last June. 

Since obesity is a problem in my family and I am afraid of lossing control, I am starting my weight loss and exercise program today.  I work full time, but close to my work is a walking trail, so today will be my first day of walking.  I also ordered the "Walk your way slim" dvd so I can still exercise on the rainy/cold days. 

Since we both need to lose about 40 lbs, If you like we could become partners on our weight loss and keep weekly updates on our progress.

October 20, 2008, 11:48 am CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

hi every one my name is clemence im 17 years old , i weight 250 pounds  , i really really want to change this but i don't know how ,i want to feel like other girls in my school ,please people i need your help.  please help me sorry for my english is little bit bad but i tried thank you.

October 20, 2008, 12:09 pm CDT

For your personal safety

Please do not put your telephone number or your full name with your city and state in your posts.  The moderator will edit this information out of posts.  Again, this is for your personal safety.

Thank you,

DrPhilBoard3

October 21, 2008, 11:36 am CDT

Join the 100 Pound Club

Quote From: clemence2

hi every one my name is clemence im 17 years old , i weight 250 pounds  , i really really want to change this but i don't know how ,i want to feel like other girls in my school ,please people i need your help.  please help me sorry for my english is little bit bad but i tried thank you.
Hey sweetie, My name's Michelle i'm 21 years old. I started out Sept. 3rd weighing 265 pounds. I now weight 249. How I did it was watching what I eat. And to be honest I didn't do any more exercising than b4. For breakfast eat a bowl of Special K cereal with fruit, Luch have a sandwich with low fat meat with only mustart..no cheese...can put lettuce or pickles on it, eat a low fat yogurt, with celery or carrots. Quit the sodas and stick with water. Before you know it you feel better and the  pounds drop. Oh and for dinner eat the usual (excluding fast food, chinese, or high fat and carb foods). Drink 1/2% milk as well if you do.  Let me know how it all goes. I'm sure you'll do great. Whenever you feel tempted with junk foods, remember how bad you want this and to feel like the other girls in school. GOOD LUCK!

First | Prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | Next | Last